ADT Medical Alert Basic System Installation Guide
Quick installation guide
Thank you for choosing this ADT Medical Alert Basic System. ADT is the most trusted name in security, with 140 years of experience. Live more confidently knowing that this system is ready 24/7/365. At the press of a button, a trained ADT professional can speak to you and get help if needed.
Select a location
- Choose a central part of your home where you spend the most time.
- The Base Station will need to be placed near an electrical outlet, away from noisy appliances and televisions.
Turn on backup battery switch
- This important step ensures your system works even if the power goes out.
- Find the word “Battery” on the bottom of the Base Unit.
- Remove the switch cover with a pen or paper clip.
- With the pen or paper clip, slide the switch to the on (up) position, and then replace the switch cover.
Connect the phone cord
- Provides the voice connection to ADT.
- Locate the Phone Cord that came with your system. Plug one end of it into the jack labeled “This Plug to Wall Outlet“, then plug the other end into the phone jack on your wall.
- Note: If your home telephone currently uses a wall jack, unplug the telephone’s cord from the wall and plug it into the jack on the Base Unit labeled “Plug Phone or Other Device Here“. Then connect the Base Unit to the wall as explained above.
Plug into outlet
- Plug the cord into the nearest electrical outlet.
- To avoid accidentally turning off the Base Unit, do not plug it into an outlet that is controlled by a light switch.
Call ADT to activate your system
- Call 800.498.8521
- For monthly testing of your system, call 800.568.1216 and select option 1
An ADT Medical Alert System (Medical Alert Basic, Medical Alert Plus and On-The-Go Emergency Response) is not an intrusion detection system or medical device; ADT is not a ‘911’ emergency medical response service and does not provide medical advice, which should be obtained from qualified medical personnel. Fall detection only available on Medical Alert Plus and On-The-Go Emergency Response system for $5 per month ($120/yr). The Fall Detection pendant does not detect 100% of falls. If able, users should always push their help button when they need assistance. Digital cellular service not available everywhere and at all times. The On-The-Go Emergency system and services use and rely on the availability of cellular network coverage and the availability of global positioning system (GPS) data to operate properly. The GPS is not operated by ADT. Prices may vary by market. Prices subject to change. Systems shall remain property of ADT. Photos are for illustrative purposes only and may not reflect the exact product/service actually provided. Price Lock Guarantee excludes applicable taxes, fees or modifications to services after initial purchase.
©2020 ADT LLC dba ADT Security Services. All rights reserved. ADT, the ADT logo, 800.ADT.ASAP and the product/service names listed in this document are marks and/or registered marks. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Third-party marks are the property of their respective owners. License information available at www.ADT.com or by calling 800.ADT.ASAP. CA ACO7155, 974443, PPO120288; FL EF0001121; LA F1639, F1640, F1643, F1654, F1655; MA 172C; NC Licensed by the Alarm Systems Licensing Board of the State of North Carolina, 7535P2, 7561P2, 7562P10, 7563P7, 7565P1, 7566P9, 7564P4; NY 12000305615; PA 090797; MS 15019511