AEOTEC ZWA042 Outdoor Smart Plug
Used in this guide
Important safety information
Please read this arod the online guide[sl a1 support aeotec. compose carefully. Failure to follow the recommendations set forth by Aeotec may be dangerous or c.ouse a violation of the law. The , manufacturer, importer, distributor, Aroclor reseller 1 l not be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from not following any instructions in this guide or in other materials.
Outdoor Smart Plug Is Intended for Indoor use in dry locations only. Do not use In damp, ofst, and I or wet locations.
Scan the QR code or, if you prefer, tap “Enter pin code instead” and enter the S digit PIN under the QR code.
Power Outdoor Smart Plug.
Plug Outdoor Smart Plug into an outlet; its LED will be blue and will I ade in and out so long as it is not connected to a hub.
Connecting Outdoor Smart Plug to your hub.
- Aeotec AutoPilotc
- Select DEVICES.
- Select+ Add new.
- Select+ Add.
- Tap the Action Button on Outdoor Smart Plug: its LED will light up solid yellow while Outdoor Smart Plug attempts to connecl
- When prompted by your hub. enter the 5 digit OSK if on browser, or scan the QR code if using your smartphone.
- Aeotec Smart Home Hub or Smart Things:
- Open Smart Things app.
- Tap Device.
- Find and select Aeotec.
- Tap Switch I dimmer.
- Tap Aeotec Switch I Dimmer.
- Tap StarL then follow the remaining instructions to pair Outdoor Smart Plug.
- When prompted by your hub, tap the Action Button on Outdoor Sma·t Plug: its LED will light up solid yellow while Outdoor Smart Plug attempts to connect.
- Z-Stick GenS I Z-Stick GenS•:
- UnplugZ-Stick Gens, then press its Action Button once to put it into its ‘add device’ mode.
- Tap the Action Button on Outdoor Smart Plug; its LED will light up solid yellow while Outdoor Smart Plug attempts to connect.
- Smart.Start QR code scanning:
- If supported by your Z-Wave gateway, scan the QR code on Outdoor Smart Plug using the gateway’s app.
- Then plug your Outdoor Smart Plug in.
- Your switch will join your Z-Wave network automatically.
- For most other hubs;
- Set your Z-Wave hub to connect n w Z-Wave devices.
- Tap the Action Button on Outdoor Smart Plug.
- If prompted by your hub, en er the 5 digit OSK located underihe QR code on Outdoor Smart Plug.
LED states during connection.
Ii the connection steps were followed correctly, the LED will change from a Flashing red I reen to one of these LED states depending on success or failure;
- Success: LED will flash whltelgreen for Z seconds.
- Fail LED will flash blue based on unpairstatus.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Any Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
RF warning for Portable device:
The device has been evaluated to meet general RF exposure requirement. The device can be used in portable exposure condition without restriction.