Active Speaker System
Important Safety Instruction
WARNING: To reduce risk of ﬁre or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture. Thank you for purchasing AIRPULSE A200 Active Speakers. Please read this manual carefully before operating this system.
The lightning ﬂash with arrowhead inside the triangle, is intended to alert the user to the presence of un-insulated dangerous voltage within the product’s enclosure that may be of a suﬃcient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
To prevent the risk of electric shock, do not remove cover (or back). No user-serviceable Parts inside. Refer servicing to qualiﬁed Service personnel only.
The exclamation point inside the triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the product.
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Clean only with dry cloth.
6. Do not use this speaker near water and never put this speaker into liquids or allow liquids to drip or spill onto it.
7. Do not place appliances ﬁlled with water on this speaker, such as vase; nor place any form of open ﬁre such as lit candle.
8. Do not block any ventilation openings. Please leave enough space around the speakers to keep good ventilation (the distance should be above 5cm). Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
9. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including ampliﬁers) that produce heat.
10. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not ﬁt into your outlet, consult an electrician for the replacement of the obsolete outlet.
11. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the speaker.
12. Only use attachments/accessories speciﬁed by the manufacturer.
13. Unplug this speaker during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualiﬁed service personnel. Servicing is required when the speaker has been damage in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the speaker, the speaker has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
15. The MAINS plug is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
16. Do not use strong acid, strong alkali and other chemical solvents to clean the product surface. Please use neutral solvent or water to clean the product.
17. A warning that an apparatus with CLASS I construction shall be connected to a MAINS socket outlet with a protective earthing connection.
18. For apparatus containing a USER-replaceable COIN/BUTTON CELL BATTERY, the following text or equivalent.
Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table speciﬁed by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus.
When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
Correct Disposal of this product. This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed of with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmentally safe recycling.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Any Changes or modiﬁcations not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment oﬀ and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
-Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
-Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
-Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit diﬀerent from that to which the receiver is connected.
-Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator & your body.
The device meets the exemption from the routine evaluation limits in section 2.5 of RSS 102 and compliance with RSS-102 RF exposure, users can obtain Canadian information on RF exposure and compliance.
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause interference, and
(2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
This equipment should be installed and operated with a minumum distance of 20 cm between the radiator and your body.
Inside the Box
1. Master volume control/ input selection Press in to navigate between audio sources: BAL->AUX->Optical->Coaxial->Bluetooth.
Note: Press and hold the Master volume control to disconnect from Bluetooth devices
4. Balanced input port
5. AC input
6. Auxiliary input socket
7. Optical input socket
8. Coaxial input socket
9. Left speaker output
10. On/Oﬀ Switch
11. Speaker input
12. LED indicator
Red: Optical/Coaxial mode Green: BAL/AUX mode Blue: Bluetooth mode
1. IR Window
2. Power On
3. Master Volume Control
5. Optical/Coaxial mode
6. BAL/AUX mode
7. Bluetooth mode
How to change battery:
Insert a coin into the slot and rotate anti-clockwise to open the battery compartment, install the new CR 2025 battery (electrode + upturned) and rotate the cover clockwise to close the compartment.
1. Do not expose the remote control to extreme heat or humidity.
2. Do not charge the batteries.
3. Remove the batteries when not in use for an extended period of time.
4. Do not expose the battery to excessive heat such as direct sun, ﬁre, etc.
5. Do not ingest battery, chemical burn hazard (The remote control supplied with)This product contains a coin/button cell battery. If the coin/button cell battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death.
6. Keep new and used batteries away from children, if the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children.
7. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of body, seek immediate medical attention.
Balance and AUX Input
1. Press master volume control on active speaker or press the “BAL/AUX” key on the remote control to select AUX audio source, LED indicator turns to green.
2. Connect BAL/AUX input port on active speaker to your audio source (cellphone, mp3, mp4 player etc) using the included RCA-RCA audio cable.
3. Touch play on your device and adjust the volume to a desired level.
Optical and Coaxial Input
1. Press the master volume control on the active speaker or press the “OPT/COAX” button on the remote control to select the optical/coaxial input.
2. Using optical or coaxial cable (optical cable included) to connect audio sources to your speaker.
3. Play from your devices and adjust the volume accordingly.
Note: In optical and coaxial modes, only PCM signal with 44.1KHz/48KHz/96KHz/192KHz can be decoded.
1. Turn on speaker and switch to Bluetooth mode by pressing the Bluetooth button on the remote control or press the master volume control on back panel of the active speaker.
2. Go to setup section on your source devices (mobile phones, tablets, etc.) and search for nearby Bluetooth devices, you will ﬁnd “AIRPULSE A200” in the list.
3. Pair your device with “AIRPULSE A200”.
4. Play audio tracks on your device and adjust the volume to a desired level.
5. After pairing, using the pair record on your source device to re-connect to the speaker;
6. Bluetooth of the product will be powered oﬀ after switching away from Bluetooth mode, so in another audio mode Bluetooth connection can not be made.
7. When switch to Bluetooth mode, the speaker will try to connect the last connected Bluetooth source device.
8. To disconnect Bluetooth, press and hold the master volume control for about 2 seconds.
1. Bluetooth connectivity and compatibility may be diﬀerent among diﬀerent source devices, depending on the software versions of source devices.
2. To enjoy the full Bluetooth functions of this product, please ensure your mobile device supports A2DP and AVRCP proﬁle.
3. PIN code for connection is “0000” if needed.
Power Output: L/R Ribbon Tweeter: 10W+10W
L/R Mid-Range: 55W + 55W
Signal-Noise Ratio dB(A): ≥90dB(A)
Input Interface: AUX, Balance Input, Optical, Coaxial, Bluetooth
Input Sensitivity: Balance Input: 1300±50mV
Aux Input: 550±50mV
Bluetooth Input: 500±50mFFs
Optical Input: 350±50mFFs
Coaxial Input: 350±50mFFs
Noise Level: ≤25dB(A)
Frequency Response: 46Hz~20KHz
Tweeter: Phase Correction Horn Loaded Ribbon Tweeter
Mid-Woofer: 5.5″ Aluminum Cone Neo Power Mid-Woofer
Cabinet Size (WxHxD): 203 x 355 x 295 (mm)
Net Weight: 19 Kg (42 Pounds ) / Set
NOTICE: For the need of technical improvement and system upgrade, the information contained herein may be subject to change from time to time without prior notice.
Qualcomm aptX is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Qualcomm is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. aptX is a trademark of Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd., registered in the United States and other countries.
|No sound||•Check if the power indicator light is ON|
|•Try to turn up the volume using either the master volume control or remote control.|
|•Ensure the audio cables are firmly connected and the input is set correctly on the speakers.|
|•Check if there is signal output from the audio source.|
|Cannot connect via Bluetooth||•Make sure the speaker is switched to Bluetooth input, in other audio input mode Bluetooth can not be paired or connected.
Disconnect from any Bluetooth device by press and hold the volume dial in Bluetooth mode, then try again.
|•Effective Bluetooth transmission range is 10 meters, please make sure operation is within the range.|
|•Try another Bluetooth device for connection.|
|The A200 does not turn on||•Check if mains power is connected. or if the wall outlet is switched on.|
If you want to ﬁnd out more about AIRPULSE, please visit our website at www.airpulseaudio.com
Dongguan Platinum Audio Systems Co., LTD
No. 2 East Industry Road, Songshan Lake National High-tech
Industrial Development Zone, Dongguan 523808 China
Printed in China