The button is a wireless panic button with protection against accidental press and additional mode to control automation devices.
The button is connected to the security system and congured via Ajax apps on iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows. The users are alerted of all alarms and events via push notications, SMS, and phone calls (if enabled).
Buy panic button Button
- Alarm button
- Indicator lights
- Button mounting hole
The button is a wireless panic button that, when pressed, transmits an alarm to users, as well as to the security company’s CMS. In Control mode, Button allows you to control Ajax automation devices with a short or long press of a button.
In panic mode, the Button can act as a panic button and signal about a threat, or inform about an intrusion, as well as are, gas or medical alarm. You can choose the type of alarm in the button settings. The text of alarm notifications depends on the selected type, as well as the event codes transmitted to the central monitoring station of the security company (CMS).
You can bind the action of an automation device ( settings — Scenarios menu. Relay, WallSwitch or Socket ) to a button press in the Buttonsettings — Scenarios menu.
The Button is equipped with protection against accidental press and transmits alarms at a distance of up to 1,300 m from the hub. Please be aware that the presence of any obstructions that impede the signal (for example, walls or oors) will reduce this distance.
Button is easy to carry around. You can always keep it on a wrist or a necklace. The device is resistant to dust and splashes.
Connecting the button to the Ajax security system
Prior to initiating connection
- Follow the hub instructions to install the app Ajax application. Create an account, add a hub to, and create at least one room.
- Enter the Ajax app.
- Activate the hub and check your internet connection.
- Ensure that the hub is not in armed mode and is not being updated by checking its status in the app.
Only users with administrative rights can add a device to the hub
In order to connect a Button
- Click on Add Device in the Ajax app.
- Name the device, scan its QR code (located on the package) or enter it manually, select a room and a group (if group mode is enabled).
- Click Add and the countdown will begin.
- Hold the button for 7 seconds. When the Button is added, the LEDs will ash green once.
For detection and pairing, the Button must be located within the hub radio communication zone (on the single protected object).
The connected button will appear in the list of hub devices in the application. Updating the statuses of the device in the list does not depend on the polling time value in the hub settings. Data is updated only by pressing the Button.
The Button only works with one hub. When connected to a new hub, the button Button stops transmitting commands to the old hub. Note that after being added to the new hub, the Button is not automatically removed from the device list of the old hub. This must be done manually through the Ajax application.
Button statuses can be viewed in the device menu:
- Ajax app
|Battery Charge||Battery level of the device. Two states available:
You can adjust the device parameters in the settings section:
- Ajax app
|First field||Name of the device, can be changed|
|The choice of the virtual room that the device is assigned to|
|Displays the operating mode of the button. Three modes are available:
Panic — sends an alarm when pressed
Control — controls automation devices by short or long (2 sec) pressing
Mute Interconnected Fire Alarm — when pressed, mutes the fire alarm of FireProtect/FireProtect Plus detectors. The option is available if Interconnected FireProtect Alarms feature is enabled
Button status is indicated with red or green LED indicators.
As a panic button, the Button is used to call for security company or help, as well as for emergency notification through the app or sirens. Button support 5 types of alarms: intrusion, fire, medical, gas leak, and panic button. You can choose the type of alarm in the device settings. The text of alarm notifications depends on the selected type, as well as the event codes transmitted to the central monitoring station of the security company (CMS).
Consider, that in this mode, pressing the Button will raise an alarm regardless of security mode of the system.
An alarm if Button is pressed can also run a scenario in the Ajax security system.
Button can be installed on at surface or carried around. To install on at surface (for example, under the table), secure the Button with double-sided adhesive tape. To carry the Button on the strap: attach the strap to the Button using the mounting hole in the main body of the Button.
In the Control mode, the Button has two pressing options: short and long (the button is pressed for more than 3 seconds). These pressings can trigger the execution of an action by one or more automation devices: Relay, WallSwitch, or Socket.
To bind an automation device action to a long or short press of a Button:
- Open the Ajax app and go to the Devices tab.
- Select Button in the list of devices and go to settings by clicking the gear icon .
- Select the Control mode in the Button mode section.
- Click the Button to save the changes.
- Go to the Scenarios menu and click Create scenario if you are creating a scenario for the rst time, or Add scenario if scenarios have already been created in the security system.
- Select a pressing option to run the scenario: Short press or Long press.
- Select the automation device to execute the action.
- Enter the Scenario Name and specify the Device Action to be executed by pressing the Button.
- Switch on
- Switch off
- Switch the state
When configuring a scenario for Relay, which is in pulse mode, the Device Action setting is not available. During the scenario execution, this relay will close/open the contacts for a set time. The operating mode and pulse duration are set in the Relay settings.
- Click Save. The scenario will appear in the list of device scenarios.
Mute Fire Alarm
By pressing the Button, the interconnected re detectors alarm can be muted (if the corresponding operating mode of the button is selected). The reaction of the system to pressing a button depends on the state of the system:
- The Interconnected FireProtect Alarms have already propagated — by the first press of the Button, all are detectors sirens are muted, except for those that registered the alarm. Pressing the button again mutes the remaining detectors.
- The interconnected alarms delay time lasts — the siren of the triggered FireProtect/FireProtect Plus detector is muted by pressing.
Learn more about interconnected alarms of re detectors Placement
The button can be on a surface or carried around.
How to x Button
To Button on a surface (e. g. under a table), use Holder.
To install the button in the holder:
- Choose a location to install the holder.
- Press the button to test whether the commands can reach the hub. If not, choose another location or use a ReX radio signal range extender.
When connecting Button via ReX, keep in mind that the button does not automatically switch between range extender and hub. You can assign Button to a hub or another ReX in the Ajax app.
- Fix Holder on the surface using the bundled screws or double-sided adhesive tape.
- Put Button into the holder.
Please note that Holder is sold separately.
How to carry around Button
The button is convenient to carry with you thanks to a special hole on its body. It can be worn on the wrist or around the neck, or hung on a key ring.
Button has an IP55 protection rating. This means that the device body is protected from dust and splashes. Tight buttons are recessed into the body and software protection helps to avoid accidental pressing.
When cleaning the key fob body, use cleaners that are suitable for technical maintenance.
Never use substances containing alcohol, acetone, gasoline and other active solvents to clean the Button.
The pre-installed battery provides up to 5 years of key fob operation in normal use (one press per day). More frequent use may reduce battery life. You can check battery level at any time in the Ajax app. Keep new and used batteries away from children. Do not ingest battery, Chemical Burn Hazard. The pre-installed battery is sensitive to low temperatures and if the key fob is cooled significantly, the battery level indicator in the app may show incorrect values until the key fob becomes warmer.The battery level value is not updated on a regular basis, but only updates after pressing the button. When the battery has run down, the user will receive a notication in the Ajax app, and the LED will steadily light up red and go out each time the button is pressed.
How long Ajax devices operate on batteries, and what affects this
- Number of buttons
- LED backlight indicating command delivery
- Protection against accidental activation
Available, in panic mode
- Frequency band
868.0 – 868.6 MHz or 868.7 – 869.2 MHz, depending on
the sales region
Operates with all Ajax , and hubs range extenders hubs range extenders
- Maximum radio signal power
Up to 20 mW
- Radio signal modulation
- Radio signal range
Up to 1,300 m (without obstacles)
- Power supply
1 CR2032 battery, 3 V
- Battery life
Up to 5 years (depending on frequency of use)
- Protection class
- Operating temperature range
From -10°С to +40°С
- Operating humidity
Up to 75%
47 × 35 × 13 mm
- Service life
Compliance with standards
- Pre-installed CR2032 battery
- Double-sided tape
- Quick Start Guide
The warranty for the products manufactured by the AJAX SYSTEMS MANUFACTURING limited liability company is valid for 2 years after purchase and does not extend to the bundled battery.
If the device does not function properly, we recommend that you rst contact the support service as technical issues can be resolved remotely in half of the cases!
Technical support: [email protected]