ALLPOWERS Portable Solar Generator User Manual
Congratulation on your solar generator purchase, a plugand-play backup power integrates with solar regulating, storable energy system and cloud-based parental controls (Bluetooth app allows you to monitor solar charging at your figure-tips). With 372 watt-hours of power, you can keep your laptops, lights, AC/DC appliances running longer. Welcome to the solar life.
Precautions before operating:
- First, you need to ensure the power level of this generator is not too low before taking It is capable of charging and discharging at the same time, but solar charging is affected a lot by bad weather.
- Lion-batteries cycle life can extend a lot with proper handling and usage.
The most important note: You need to use it at room temperature: 0 ~ +40(℃)/32~104(℉)
Do make sure to avoid damp environments and do not store outside.
- Be sure your device’s rated running power ≤ 300W, and the initial wattage <500W. In some cases, the first starting wattage of some AC appliances is three times higher than its rated running
- It is normal for this unit to become warmer during charging/discharging. Please use it in a cool and well- ventilated (Keep it clear from naked flames, sparks or conductive materials when charging the battery).
- Voltage and frequency from AC source might vary from country to country (US/JP 110V 60Hz or EU/UK 220V 50Hz). Make sure you’ve chosen the correct voltage and frequency accordingly.
Get To Know Your Gear
Master On/Off (Wireless Charging/Bluetooth) A short press is needed to activate wireless
- charging, press for a litlle longer until you see “ ” on the LCD, this means Bluetooth is ready for Then scan QR code, to download the APP on your Phone.
- Master On/Off (USB Outputs)
A short press is needed to activate USB outputtingMaster On/Off (AC Outputs) Have a long press until you see
- “AC” on LCD to activate the AC (Each time you will hear a cooling fan).
- Based-camp LED Android
- Master On/Off (Based-Camp LED)
- Real-Time LCD Display
- 2×Replaceable fuses（30A32V）
Aipower App supports iOS 9.0 or above /Android 4.3 or above.
It turns green when Bluetooth is successfully connected.
Turn on Bluetooth on your Phone
Short press to light up the LCD, then long press to enter Bluetooth mode.
Select ALLPOWERS S400 from pairing list
Fully Charging(0%-100%)+Fully Discharging(100%-0%)= One Battery Cycle Life (80% capacity available after 300 cycles, 60% after 500 cycles)
Real-time LCD Displays
- Bluetooth Mode Long press Master again to turn off Bluetooth if unloaded.
- Cooling vent: It starts when system goes above 55°C and turns off when system drop to 50°C
- In/Out Indicator
- USB outing, pls short press USB Master again to switch it off if unloaded.
- Time to empty(full) 23:51 = 23 hours 51 minutes.
- In/Out power balance.
- DC outings will be activated once there are loads plugged in,and they turn off 5 s later if
- AC outing,pls long press AC Master again to switch it off if unloaded.
- AC Charge Cord
Charging your Solar Generator
Charging from Wall Socket: The battery segments will blink, and they become solid when it is fully recharged. Do use the included AC wall adapter, another extra one might shorten its service life.
Charging from your Car : Charging from a vehicle’s cigarette lighter (no charging cable included) For 12V batteries only, not the 24V battery, only use this charging method when driving.
Charging from Solar(MPPT Regulating )
Charging from ALLPOWERS’s foldable solar charger/ solar modules 50- 100W. (Using Anderson to MC4/DC 5521 cable.not included, sold separately.)
There is three charging options, but you can only choose one charging method per time.
Fully Charged Reference Time
(Only for information, take practicality as standard）
|Charging Ways||Estimated Charging Time|
|AC Wall Charger(60W IN)||About 7-8 hours|
|Car Charger(60W IN)||About 7-8 hours|
|50W Solar Panel Pack（MPPT）||About 8 hours|
|100W Solar Panel Pack
（MPPT 60W IN)
|About 6 hours|
Common variables that affect performance of solar charging:
Trip: You can shorten the charging time by turning off the laptop.
The ideal time of day
Panels operate at peak efficiency when the sun is most direct-typically around mid-day.
Sunlight and its angle
The brighter the sun is shining, and the clearer the day is, the better the panels will work. A south facing panel angle at 30-60 degrees from a flat surface will harvest the solar energy that is most possible.
Avoid any possible shelter
Make sure your panels are free of shade, even minor or partial shading reduces yields. Additionally, any dirt accumulated might decrease the wattage over time, so periodically cleaning the panel is recommended.
Time of year
The amount of daylight changes from season to season. But for temporary solar charging, it is essential to know that cold weather will not negatively affect the performance of the panel’s as they run on light, not heat.
Using Your Solar Generator to Power Devices
1 x USB-C: for smartphones compatible with QC2.0/3.0 standard, two way PD in/out up to 60W per hours.
3 x USB: for smart phones, portable banks,small USB fans, other USB- Powered devices.
2 x DC： for LED lamps, or any other required devices that are no more than 12V working voltage. (DC 5.5×2.5 mm socket, single port supply no more than 12V5A.)
2 x AC universal out: for AC appliances, laptops (in some emergency cases with no grid-power access, you can charge your vehicle’s batteries by using you
AC car’s original charger). AC sockets are built with short-circuit
protection, but they should be protected with the rubber plug when not in use.
Car Socket: Car On-board Firdges, 12V appliances, etc.Car socket is built with short-circuit protection, but they should be protected with the rubber plug when not in use.
Wireless charging: for Qi-enabled smart devices .
- Check compatibility
Before the operating, please check the voltage, including the starting & running wattage of your load devices. If overloaded, it will disable AC outputting other than DC ports, by the advanced built-in system control circuit module. (Please re-plug in another lower AC device and restart it at 30-second intervals.)
- Make sure master is switched
For safety reasons, all USB, AC ports and wireless charging are activated accordingly by a master power button. You can see the total output watts measurement on the LCD. (Note: the 12V DC car socket and the DC ports are always live, no master button needed).
- Turn off master again to stop outing
To prevent energy loss, each time when outputting is finished, press on master button again to turn off outing , and disconnect the load from the unit.(especially for AC modes,long press to exit outing.)
Output: DC5V2.10A at Max. Transmit distance:5-8 mm Transmit conversion:≧72%
Charging frequency:110-205 KHz Compatibility: it supports most smartphones that equipped with QI standard technology or other Qi- enabled devices. For other devices, please pair with a QI receiver.
The case of certain phones(especially thicker ones),metal objects like metal phone cases and plates for magnetic attachment might interfere with wireless charging. Please remove before charging.
For best charging performance, your phone must always be placed on the right center of the charging
During the charging time, the charging area might get warmer which is normal.
Reference Running Time for common appliances
Different devices require different working wattage, you may have also noticed this.
If you plug in devices that drain a high wattage(a refrigerator ), then the charging level of this unit can drop very quickly, and you may not get precisely 372 Wh energy. On the flipside, if you’re recharging devices that draw wattage more slowly (a small TV), you will get closer to 372Wh from this unit.
Application Reference Time
5W 60-65 recharges
60W 5-6 recharges
40W 6-8 hours
10W 28-30 recharges
30W 9.5-11 hours
50W 6-7 hours 1
30W 10-11 hours
120W 2.5-3 hours
Storage and Downtime Maintenance
- It is suggested to fully charge it at least once every 90 days for maintaining the best performance, reliability, and longevity
- If outputting is done, please remember to turn off the master to save the loss of energy.
- Due to the chemical characteristics of the battery, the available capacity of the battery may somewhat vary from environment to environment such as cold weather or overheating (you may hear a cooling fan). So please always use it in room temperature (0°C-40°C）also it is not recommended for outside storage or in damp environments.
- If you are living off-grid in sub-zero conditions, we recommend you keep your unit in an insulated cooler and connect to a power source(solar panels). The natural heat generated will keep battery capacity at its
- The battery packs inside are non-removable, non- disassemble, the life-cycle for charge and discharge is over 500 times, but eventually, it will wear out.
- Continuously discharging the battery to 0% and then storing it with an empty battery may reduce its serviceable life. It is recommended to always leave at least 20% capacity unused.
|100500mAh 3.7V (372Wh)|
|In(cigar lighter not included)||Voltage 12-20V Current 3.2A (at Max.)|
|In(Solar, MPPT)||Voltage 16.6-22V Current 3.2A (at Max.)|
|Voltage 100-240V to 20V Current 3.0A (at Max.)
Please do use the adapter(20V–3.0A) included with this unit, never use an extra or different one.
|2 × US/JP 110V 300W or EU/UK 220V
300W（Surge power 500W）
|3 × USB: 5V3.0A (Three ports total 8.0A maximum.)
2 × DC5525:12V5.0A
1 × USB-C:
(Two-way PD in/outing supports up to 60W maximum)
1 × Carport: 12V10A Wireless charging：5V2.1A
0 ~ +40(℃)/32~104(℉)
Over temperature charging protection: 55℃〜65(℃)/32~104(℉)
Temperature over-discharging protection: 65℃〜75(℃)/32~104(℉)
Cold temperature protection:
-10℃〜0(℃)/14~32(℉) Storage temperature:
Within 1 month: -20~60(℃)/-4~140(℉) Within 3 months：-20~45(℃)/-4~113(℉) Within 12 months: -20~25(℃)/-4~77(℉)
For long-term storage, please do avoid storing outside, or in damp environments.
|Pure Sine Wave||Inside there is a built-in pure-sine wave inverter, which means it generates an output that is exactly the same as plugging in with an AC wall socket or plug in your home. However, it can not replace the normal wall charger for long-term use.|
/Short-circuit /Over-heating protection
- Can I use the generator while it is recharging?
Yes, it is capable of outputting power while it is charging.
- How often does this have to be recharged when not in use?
We suggest recharging it using wall outlets at least once every 3 months. Or, a lower battery might aggravate self- discharging problems, and the battery cycle life will be worn out sooner.
- What size solar panel in watts will be the best panel to charge this unit?
A 50watts or 100watts solar panel can charge it well (approximately 6-7 hours ), keep in mind that solar energy results can be significantly affected with variables. (Please refer to the solar charging section).
- Can I fly on an airplane with this unit?
No, this unit needs to be either ground shipped to your destination, or air shipped via a shipping carrier, not a passenger airplane.
- How do I know if my multiple devices will work with this unit or not, will it damage my devices if overloaded?
First, you should check the amount of power your devices require, make sure the total running wattage does not exceed the 300±15 W limits. Even if overloaded, it will disable AC outputting other than the DC ports, by the advanced built-in system control circuit module. (Please re-plug using another lower AC device and restart it at 30-second intervals.)
If you have any concerns regarding our products or services, please email us at [email protected], we will offer our assistance within 1 business day!
Please also advise us by providing a statement of how the failure occurred and the details of the issue.
Official website: www.iallpowers.com