On- Camera Microphone
Read these instructions carefully and retain them for future use. If this product is passed to a third party, then these instructions must be included. When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Only use this product for its intended use.
- Never use this product if damaged.
- Protect the product from extreme temperatures, hot surfaces, open flames, direct sunlight, water, high humidity, moisture, strong jolts, flammable gases, vapors, and solvents.
- Keep this product and its packaging out of the reach of children and pets.
- The product is suitable for moderate climates only.
- Make sure not to squeeze, bend or in any way damage the cable.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Exhausted batteries should be immediately removed from the product and properly disposed.
- Keep batteries out of the reach of children.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire.
- Remove batteries from product if it is not to be used for an extended period of time unless it is for emergency purposes.
- If the battery leaks avoid contact with skin and Rinse affected areas immediately with plenty of clean water, then consult a doctor.
DESCRIPTION OF SIGNAL WORDS
DANGER The signal word that indicates a hazard with a high level of risk which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING The signal word that indicates a hazard with a medium level of risk which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION The signal word that indicates a hazard with a low level of risk which, if not avoided, could result in minor or moderate injury.
NOTICE Indicates a practical tip, advice or practice not related to personal injury.
- This product is intended as an add-on for cameras and enhances the quality of sound recordings.
- This product is intended for household use only. It is not intended for commercial use.
- This product is intended to be used in dry environments only.
- No liability will be accepted for damages resulting from improper use or non-compliance with these instructions.
Before First Use
- Check for transport damages.
DANGER Risk of suffocation! Keep any packaging materials away from children – these materials are a potential source of danger, e.g. suffocation.
- Remove the microphone battery cover by turning the wheel counterclockwise.
- Insert one CR2 battery correctly with regard to polarity (+ and -) marked on the battery.
- Place the cover back over the battery compartment and tighten it by turning the wheel clockwise.
Turn the lower wheel to create a clearance between the wheel and the square plate
• Slide the square plate into your camera’s hot shoe.
• Turn the lower wheel to secure the connection.
• Hold the upper wheel with one hand and rotate the microphone with the other hand into the desired position.
• Connect the 3.5 mm jack plug with the microphone input socket of your camera.
• Switch to one of the polar patterns (cardioid or hyper-cardioid)
• The LED will light up in green.
• Your microphone is ready to use.
Switching on / Select Polar Pattern
- When switching from OFF to a polar pattern, the LED will light in green and the microphone is operating.
- When the battery charging level is low, the LED will light in red.
- You can select the cardioid or hyper-cardioid polar pattern.
- To switch off the microphone, slide the switch to position OFF.
• Slide the upper switch to the left (+10) to increase the sensitivity in case you want to record extremely quiet sounds.
• Slide the upper switch to the right (0) to record without any modification.
- Activate the low-cut filter to reduce low-frequency background noise (e.g. rumbling or humming noise).
Low-cut filter activated
Use in normal environment
Speak in front of the microphone to get a clear sound.
Speak in front of / behind / on the side of the microphone to get a clear sound.
When speaking from other directions the received sound is lower.
Operation Guidance for On-Camera Microphone
A. Switch setting: Cardioid + 0dB + No Low Cut Use in normal environment without any modification, focus on front sound.
B. Switch setting: Cardioid + 0dB + Low Cut
Use in normal environment without sensitivity increasing but low cut, focus on front sound.
C. Switch setting: Hyper Cardioid + 0dB + No Low Cut
Use in a normal environment without any modification, focus on the sounds in front of and near behind the microphone
D. Switch setting: Hyper Cardioid + 0dB + Low Cut Use in a normal environment without sensitivity increasing but low cut, focus on the sounds in front of and near behind the microphone.
E. Switch setting: Cardioid + 10dB + Low Cut Use in a far-distance pickup environment with low cut to decrease noise and focus on front sound.
F. Switch setting: Hyper Cardioid + 10dB + Low Cut Use in a far-distance pickup environment with hyper-cardioid and low cut decrease noise and focus on the sounds in front of and near behind the microphone.
Cleaning and Maintenance
WARNING Risk of electric shock! During cleaning do not immerse the electrical parts of the product in water or other liquids. Never hold the product under running water.
- To clean, wipe with a soft, slightly moist cloth.
- Dry the product after cleaning.
- Never use corrosive detergents, wire brushes, abrasive scourers, metal or sharp utensils to clean the product.
- Store in a cool and dry place away from children and pets, ideally in original packaging.
- Avoid any vibrations and shocks.
|Type:||Two electret condenser capsules|
|Frequency response:||50 – 20,000 Hz|
|Microphone sensitivity:||-35 dB ±3 dB
(0 dB = 1 V / Pa 1 kHz)
|Connector plug:||3.5 mm|
|Product dimensions (WxHxD):||5.6 x 1.0 x 3.0 inch
(143 x 24 x 76 mm)
|Cable length:||7.8 in (20 cm)|
|Product net weight:||0.14 lbs (65 g), battery’s weight excluded|
FCC – Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
|Unique Identifier||BO7D2WJCFN On-Camera Microphone|
|Responsible Party||Amazon.com Services, Inc|
|U.S. Contact||410 Terry Ave N.
Seattle, eattle, WA
98109, United States
|Telephone Number||(206) 266-1000|
FCC Compliance Statement
- This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
FCC Interference Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio / TV technician for help.
Canada IC Notice
- This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian CAN ICES-3(B) / NMB-3(B) standard.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive aims to minimize the impact of electrical and electronic goods on the environment, by increasing re-use and recycling and by reducing the amount of WEEE going to landfill. The symbol on this product or its packaging signifies that this product must be disposed of separately from ordinary household wastes at its end of life. Be aware that this is your responsibility to dispose of electronic equipment at recycling centers in order to conserve natural resources. Each country should have its collection centers for electrical and electronic equipment recycling.
For information about your recycling drop-off area, please contact your related electrical and electronic equipment waste management authority, your local city office, or your household waste disposal service.
Do not dispose of used batteries with your household waste. Take them to an appropriate disposal collection site.
Feedback and Help
Love it? Hate it? Let us know with a customer review.
AmazonBasics is committed to delivering customer-driven products that live up to your high standards. We encourage you to write a review sharing your experiences with the product.