Amica VM 7012 Vacuum Cleaner Instruction Manual
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Important! To minimize the risk of fire, electric shock or injury:
- Carefully read this instruction before using the appliance.
- Children do not realize the dangers that can arise when using electrical appliances; therefore keep the appliance out of reach of children.
- Do not immerse the body of the appliance in water or other liquids. Immersing in water may cause an electric shock.
- If water spills on the external components of the appliance, dry it thoroughly before switching back on. Do not touch wet surfaces in contact with the appliance connected to power supply, immediately disconnect it from the mains.
- Do not use the appliance if it shows any signs of damage to the power cord, or if the appliance has been dropped on the floor.
- After use, always pull out the plug from the socket, and also in case of any malfunction, before cleaning or before changing accessories.
- When pulling out the plug from the wall outlet, never pull by the cord, only the plug, holding the socket with your other hand.
- The appliance is Class II fire protection electrical equipment.
- Do not attempt to remove any parts of the housing.
- To prevent damage to the power cord, do not place it over sharp edges or close to hot surfaces.
- Do not expose the appliance to rain or humidity, and do not use it outdoors. Do not operate the appliance with wet hands.
- If the power cord or plug is damaged, it should be replaced by a professional repair shop in order to avoid hazard.
- Never place the appliance on hot surfaces.
- Using attachments that were not supplied with the product may cause damage to the appliance.
- Never leave the appliance connected to the mains without supervision.
- The surface on which the appliance is used shall be levelled, clean and dry.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with physical, mental or sensory handicaps, or by persons inexperienced or unfamiliar with the appliance, unless under supervision or in accordance with the instructions as communicated to them by persons responsible for their safety. Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Pull the plug from the wall outlet before replacing accessories.
- This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and older or by persons with physical, mental or sensory handicaps, or by those who are inexperienced or unfamiliar with the appliance, provided they are supervised or have been instructed how to safely use the appliance and are familiar with risks associated with the use of the appliance. Ensure that children do not play with the appliance. Cleaning and maintenance of the appliance should not be performed by children unless they are 8 years or older and are supervised by a competent person.
- To switch the appliance on, press the power switch (Fig. 1, item 7). The complete appliance shutdown is possible by disconnecting the appliance from the power supply.
- Do not pull the vacuum cleaner or move it by the cord, do not use the cord as a handle, do not close the door squeezing the cord, and do not drag the cord over sharp edges. Be careful not to move the vacuum cleaner on the cord.
- Do not insert any objects into the openings in the vacuum cleaner. Do not use the vacuum cleaner when any opening is blocked, dispose of dust, lint, hair and anything that may restrict air flow.
- Keep hair, loose clothing parts, fingers and other body parts away from the openings and moving parts.
- Do not use the vacuum cleaner to collect flammable substances such as petrol, and do not use it in places where similar substances may be present.
- Hold the plug when retracting the cord. Do not let the plug was left loose during retracting.
- Do not use the vacuum cleaner without a dust bag and/or filters.
- Do not collect any items that burn or smoke, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
- If the opening, which sucks air, hose or telescopic tube are clogged, you should immediately switch the vacuum cleaner off. Before restarting the vacuum cleaner, first remove the blocking item.
- Do not use the vacuum cleaner too close to heaters, radiators, cigarette butts, etc.
- Before you put the plug into the wall outlet, make sure your hands are dry.
- Before using the vacuum cleaner, remove sharp objects from the floor to avoid damaging the dust bag (depending on the model).
- Do not collect fine particles such as: flour, gypsum, printer toners, etc., as this may clog filters and damage the vacuum cleaner.
- This vacuum cleaner is equipped with a power cord retractor.
DISPOSING/SCRAPPING OF USED EQUIPMENT
During transportation, protective packaging was used to protect the appliance against any damage. After unpacking, please dispose of all elements of packaging in a way that will not cause damage to the environment. All materials used for packaging the appliance are environmentally friendly; they are 100% recyclable and are marked with the appropriate symbol. Important! Packaging materials (bags, polyethylene, polystyrene, etc.) should be kept away from children during unpacking.
DISPOSAL OF OLD APPLIANCE
In accordance with European Directive 2012/19/EU and local legislation regarding used electrical and electronic goods, this appliance is marked with the symbol of the crossed out waste container. This marking indicates that the appliance must not be disposed of together with other household waste after it has been used. The user is obliged to hand it over to waste collection centre collecting used electrical and electronic goods. The collectors, including local collection points, shops and local authority departments provide recycling schemes. Proper handling of used electrical and electronic goods helps avoid environmental and health hazards resulting from the presence of dangerous components and the inappropriate storage and processing of such goods.
DESCRIPTION OF THE APPLIANCE
Appliance components (Fig. 1, item …)
- Hose connection opening
- Front cover
- Speed control button
- Cable rewind button
- LED display
- ON/OFF button
- Big wheel
- Parquet brush 1
- Suction for slots 1
- Books brush 1
- Small brush 1
- Remote control handle 1
- Telescopic tube 1
- All-purpose suction brush 1
- Holder 1
- Big turbo brush 1
- Textile bag 1
Preparing for vacuuming
Always unplug the appliance before attach- l Switch on the appliance with the on / off button.
- Attaching flexible hose: insert the hose end into the inlet port and turn it clockwise until feels the resistance and it stops (Fig. 3, item 1).
- Removing the hose: holding the hose end, turn it to the left until it releases and pull the hose out of the inlet hole (Fig. 3, item 2).
- Connect the telescopic tube with the hose (Fig. 3, item 3) and the proper attachment (Fig. 3, item 5), slide open the telescopic tube to a suitable length (Fig. 3, item 4).
- Grab the plug and pull the power cord while holding the appliance body, plug into a power outlet.
- Before you start vacuuming, extend power cord cable to sufficient length and insert the plug into the wall socket. The yellow mark on the power cord indicates it is extended almost all the way. When you see the red mark do not pull the power cord any further.
- Switch on the appliance with the on / off button. (Fig. 3, item. 6).
- After finishing using the appliance, press the on/ off button to turn off the vacuum cleaner (Fig. 3, item 6).
- Unplug the cord from the wall outlet.
- Retract the power cord by pressing cord retractor button (Fig. 3, item 7). For this operation hold the cord to prevent it from tangling or bumping the plug on the vacuum cleaner housing.
- Disconnect the suction – cleaning head from the tube and disconnect the telescopic tube from the hose. (Fig. 3, item. 3, 5).
- Close the telescopic tube (Fig. 3, item. 4).
The vacuum cleaner may be stored in a vertical or horizontal position. The hose can remain attached to the vacuum cleaner, but please be careful not to bend it too much during storage.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Replacing the dust bag
Before replacing the dust bag, remove the power cord plug from the wall outlet. Always use the vacuum cleaner with a fitted dust bag. If you forget to insert a dust bag or it is fitted incorrectly, the cover cannot be closed completely – fix the position of a dust bag and close the cover
If the dust bag full indicator (Fig. 1, item 6) goes on, check whether the suction brush or the cleaning head, hose or tube is not blocked with large items stopping the air flow. After removing the items, if present, restart the vacuum cleaner if the dust bag full indicator is still red, replace the dust bag with a new one.
- After disconnecting flexible hose, open the front cover by lifting it upwards (Fig. 3, item 8, 9).
- Release the dust bag lock and remove the bag from the guides, if filled with dust.
- Insert a new or empty dust bag by sliding it into the guides.
- Close the cover by pressing it down until it clicks.
Cleaning and replacing the inlet filter
- Before cleaning the filter, remove the power cord plug from the wall outlet.
- The filter shall be cleaned when there are visible stains on it, wash the filter in warm water with no detergent. Use it only when completely dry.
- Always use the vacuum cleaner with a filter in place.
- Failure to install the filter may result in motor damage.
- Remove the dust bag.
- Remove the filter by sliding it up from the guides (Fig. 3, item 10).
- Clean the filter or replace.
- Replace the filter again placing it in the guides.
Make sure that the filter before the foundation was completely dry.
Hose match operational guideline
- Insert the power cord plug into the power supply with the right hand, turn on the switch of the whole machine with the left hand, then press the plus and minus gear position with both hands at the same time until the display panel flashes (shown Fig. 4 picture 1 and 2).
- After the display board flashes, take the hose (insert the batteries into the vacuum tube holder beforehand) and press the switch button. If the whole machine is shut down, the match will be successful (shown Fig. 4 picture 3).
- After successful match, press the hose handle to test whether the function is normal. Press the shutdown button to turn off the machine (shown Fig. 4 picture 4 an 5).
Cleaning and replacing the outlet filter HEPA13
- Before cleaning the filter, remove the power cord plug from the wall outlet.
- Clean the filter when it is clearly soiled. Shake dirt off the filter and then brush it with a soft bristle brush. Then rinse in lukewarm water, without any detergent. Do not direct strong jet of water onto the filter. Use it only when completely dry. In case of heavy soiling or lasting damage, replace the filter with a new one.
- Depending on the intensity of use, it is recommended that you clean the filter once a month and replace it with a new one every six months.
- It is recommended that you only use original Amica filters for your vacuum cleaner.
- Open the air exhaust cover (Fig. 3, item 11, 12).
- Remove the filter, clean or replace it with a clean one.
- Close the air exhaust cover.
Rinse the filter with lukewarm water and let dry completely
WARRANTY AND AFTER SALES SERVICE
Warranty service as stated on the warranty card. The manufacturer shall not be held liable for any damage caused by improper use of the product.
The radio device type complies with Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the declaration of conformity is available at the manufacturer’s, importer’s or authorized representative’s website.
64-510 Wronki tel. 67 25 46 100
fax 67 25 40 320