AMMONITE A360 T-Valave for Heated Suit Drysuit Accessory
Thank you for choosing the Ammonite System
thermovalve A360 T-VALVE or S360 T-VALVE
We design our products so that they are as intuitive as possible. If you have any questions, please visit our website: www.ammonitesystem.com, where you will also find more information about us and our products. You’re also more than welcome to contact us directly. Before installing and using the product for the first time, read this manual carefully and follow the information contained therein.
- The A360 T-VALVE and S360 T-VALVE thermovalves are
- drysuit inflation valves, integrated with a power cord of the diving heating system. When connected to the heating system, the A360 T-VALVE or S360 T-VALVE are used in the same way as a standard drysuit inflation valve.
- The A360 T-VALVE and S360 T-VALVE are equipped with
- rotary head that allows the air connection to be rotated 360 degrees, for optimal placement of power cords in any configuration of the equipment.
- The valve is equipped with two electrical connectors on the opposite sides. Wet connector, E/O standard allows you to connect a heating battery and a hermetic connector for connecting heating clothing.
- The A360 T-VALVE and S360 T-VALVE are designed to supply low voltage heating systems. The recommended nominal supply voltage should not exceed 12V.
- Total length of the power cord – ca. 55cm.
A360 T-VALVE and S360 T-VALVE thermovalve operation
The A360 T-VALVE and S360 T-VALVE valve functions like a standard drysuit inflation valve. What’s more, it facilitates a convenient and reliable connection of the inner layers of diving clothing (heated vest or heated undersuit) through appropriately integrated cabling that can be powered from a battery with a nominal voltage of up to 12V located outside the suit.
The stem of the A360 T-VALVE thermovalve has a diameter of 38mm and S360 T-Valve – 33mm. They are adapted for mounting in drysuits that are prepared for inflation valves in the APEKS (A360 T-VALVE) or SI-TECH (S360 T-VALVE) standard.
The following illustrations show how to mount the valve.
- Dismount the standard inflation valve.
- Using a flat-bladed screwdriver or a similar tool, lift the cover of the thermo-valve power cord.
- Demount the cover and put it aside.
- Unscrew the locking nut.
- Remove the locking nut.
- Make sure your suit has a rubber backing patch bonded to it, as it ensures tightness.
- Place the A360 T-VALVE or S360 T-VALVE in the opening of the inflation valve, putting the E/O cord in the preferred position.
- Put on the locking nut.
- Secure the valve by tightening the locking nut with the wrench provided in the set.
- Put on the cord cover.
To avoid possible leaks, the tightness of the valve should be checked every few dives.
Rinsing the valve: After diving, rinse the outside of the valve with fresh water. Then dry the valve: to remove residual water, it should be blown through by pressing the inflation button several times (at this time the valve must be connected to
a medium pressure hose). The valve should be serviced at least annually and all its O-rings and seals should be replaced. The appropriate service kit can be ordered from the manufacturer. The operation of the thermovalve should be checked before each dive. Any defects should be reported to the manufacturer. Repairs, inspections and maintenance should be performed by an authorized service center. Interfering with the design of the thermovalve may cause mechanical damage, for which the manufacturer holds no responsibility.
All components used in service and repair must be approved by the manufacturer. If a malfunction occurs, refer to the instructions in the warranty card. If you have any questions or if any information in this manual is unclear, please contact the manufacturer for additional information. Electrical components (cables, connectors, etc.) may constitute electrical waste and require proper disposal. The „trash can” symbol on the product or its packaging indicates that the product may not be treated as household waste. When its usable life has passed, it should be taken to a collection point for used electrical equipment. For more information on recycling, please contact your local authority, environmental authority, or waste disposal company in your region or the place where you purchased the product.
AMMONITE SYSTEM WARRANTY CONDITIONS
The warranty covers defects or damage to the Ammonite System products. The warranty covers every Ammonite System product. Ammonite System offers a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty for the first owner against all defects in material and workmanship. Details about warranty duration time for an exact product are in the table on page 7. Ammonite System retains the right to:
- Repair the damaged product under the conditions specified in the warranty conditions.
- Replace the product with a new one when the damage or defect cannot be repaired.
- Offer a similar product of similar value or reimburse the costs when it is not possible to replace it with the same model.
The Ammonite System warranty does not cover defects cau-sed by actions beyond the control of the Ammonite System, except for defects caused by assembly errors and inherent vices of the product or the components.
The Ammonite System warranty does not cover, among others:
- Spills, leaks and punctures.
- Damaged and/or frayed cables and E/O cords.
- Damage that results from improper and/or unauthorized repairs or modifications.
- Defects that result from mechanical damage.
- Equipment that lacks proper identification markings and/or with broken warranty seals.
- Damage resulting from improper use, servicing and storage of the product.
- Damage or malfunction caused by the lack of periodic service, in particular when it’s caused by worn O-rings and seals.
- Errors resulting from improper assembly and mounting or use of the product in a manner non-compliant with Ammonite System’s written instructions and guidelines.
- Elements and parts are subject to natural wear and tear. Spills, leaks, punctures and breaks in E/O cords and cables are not covered by the warranty unless they result directly from defects in material or assembly errors. Damage such as scratches, cuts and chips are not covered by the warranty. The warranty does not apply to products used for military, professional, governmental or rental purposes.
THE EXTENDED AMMOPOWER WARRANTY
In addition to the standard warranty, Ammonite System offers the original purchaser an extended warranty – AMMOPOWER. The extended warranty applies to products and accessories manufactured by Ammonite System and sold to the originalpurchaser under the Ammonite System brand. The warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for the entire duration of the warranty, calculated in years from the date of original purchase, depending on the type of product. The table below lists the products and the duration of their warranty. To maintain the validity of both the basic and the extended Ammonite System warranty, the original proof of purchase is necessary. The Ammonite System warranty is global as long as the proof of purchase is provided by an authorized Ammonite System dealer. Any authorized Ammonite System dealer can service warranty repairs under the condition that the proof of purchase is presented.
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
In case of any problems please contact your local Ammonite System dealer or send an e-mail directly to: [email protected]
For more information, please visit:
|Product||The basic Ammonite System warranty||AMMOPOWER –
the extended Ammonite System warranty
|Total duration of the Ammonite System warranty in years|
|A360 / S360 T-VALVE||1||2||3|
|ACCU TYPE *||1||2||3|
Video tutorial is avalible on our website: www.ammonitesystem.com/thermovalve