Anker Soundcore Life Q20 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
7.68 x 7.09 x 3.07 inches
1 Lithium Polymer batteries required
- Connectivity Technology
- Form Factor
- Driver (full range)
- Frequency response
16 Hz-40 KHz
- Bluetooth version
15 m / 49.21 ft
- Playtime (Connected to audio cable with ANC mode on)
- Playtime (Bluetooth with ANC mode off)
- Playtime (Bluetooth with ANC mode on)
- Charging time
The Anker Soundcore Life Q20 is an improved version of the Anker SoundCore Life 2 Wireless, with a few minor improvements. The former model had a huge headband that made them feel loose on people with smaller heads, but the Q20 has a narrower headband and should fit most people better. They also have a somewhat improved ANC feature that does a better job of blocking out speech and isolating the low rumbling of bus or airline engines, though it still isn’t very good. Their V-shaped sound profile is energizing, making them an excellent choice for pop or rock music. Unfortunately, unlike Life 2, Life 3 does not come with a lovely protective case.
The Q20 now comes with a more user-friendly carrying pouch. On the plus side, their battery has improved marginally and now charges much faster, which is good.
What’s in the Box?
How to wear
Powering On/ Off
Plugging in an audio cable will automatically switch to AUX mode, and Bluetooth mode will turn off (The ANC function operates when it’s activated in AUX mode).
Charging Your Headphones
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the difference between this and the life 2?
Compared with Life 2, the Life Q20 better/greatly reduces ambient noises by adopting Hybrid Active Noise Canceling technology and adding 2 more (4 in total) built-in ANC microphones. Also, our engineers fine-tuned the sound and speaker to bring our customers a more enjoyable listening experience.
- Does it have aux input?
Yes, you can use it in wired mode since the headphones come with an AUX cable. We can use the headphones in two ways in Bluetooth mode or in wired mode(with an AUX cable).
- Do these headphones work while charging?
No, it becomes disconnected from Bluetooth as soon as it starts charging. Which is one reason I gave these headphones a one-star rating.
- Does noise canceling work when wired
Yes, used it on a plane to watch inflight movies.
- What are the dimensions of the ear cut-out in the cushion?
The ear holes are oval-shaped. Mine are 1 3/8″w X 2 1/4″h.
- How well does the microphone handle phone calls?
I have had mixed reviews on call quality. Some people say I sounded muffled some say they could hear me clearly.
- Do they have volume control buttons?
Yes, two buttons, volume up and down. I like it much better than the weird “drag a finger along the ear cup” system used in my previous (more expensive) Sony headphones.
- Do any of the microphones work for calls? how well do those mics work?
Yes, the built-in microphones work for calls no matter in Bluetooth mode or in wired mode. In Bluetooth mode, simply press the MFB(button between both volumes)to pick up or end a call.
- Any recommendations for headphones that don’t garbage like these Q20s?
I am very happy with the headphones. Incredible base. Also, really good noise cancellation. Very comfortable too.
- Can these headphones connect via Bluetooth to Apple devices?
Don’t know about Apple, they do work great with Android (Galaxy A71).
- What is the range of the headset How far can you go from the source?
Around 500 meters. Just from your garage to the kitchen, I guess.
- Does the Q20 have a built-in mic?
Yes, the Q20 headphones have a built-in mic and we can use the built-in mic in Bluetooth mode.
- Do you have to buy a USB charger to charge these headphones?
The headphones don’t come with a 120v USB charger. They have a connection cable from a standard USB connector to a small USB connector.
- What material is the travel pouch?
It is some type of nylon or polyester.
- On my second pair, they do no respond to volume changes you make on the computer. Does anybody have a solution?
If your computer is the Macbook, I’m afraid it’s normal and this is related to the computer.
- Do they work with iPhone 12?
As far as I know, any Bluetooth enabled device will work with this headset. I don’t believe that with more advanced or newer models of phones that the Bluetooth technology changes in which BlueTooth doesn’t universally work the same across all phones/devices. Now, if you are looking for using the wired function, then, no, they won’t work. The wire used uses a standard 3.5mm auxiliary plug-in. The headphones jack on a lot of phones has switched to 1 plugin area for both the phone charger and for headphones and has moved away from having a separate 3.5mm headphone plugin/hole.
- Does anyone use a battery or batteries, I don’t want rechargeable unless the user is replaceable?
The battery of the headphones cannot be replaced by the user. If you don’t want it rechargeable, you can use the headphones in wired mode via the aux cable.
- Does anyone have a hard travel case they would recommend for these?
They offered an extra hard case for $12.50 with the purchase.
- The neighborhood has turned into a boom-boom one. Lots of bass getting into my house from the outside. Will these headphones cancel that problem?
It will tune out some but not all.
- Are you able to answer phone calls with these when it is connected to your phone?
- Is there an equalizer app?
There’s no equalizer as part of the headphones and no app that I know of.
- Will this work with a Spirit box for ghost hunters?
These headphones hook up to the TV thru your wifi.