ANTLION AUDIO B097N2S977 ModMic Uni Noise Canceling Microphone with Mute Switch Installation Guide
Find a flat spot on the headphones for the 0.5 inch / 12.7mm circle of adhesive. The adhesive will stick to smooth and mesh surfaces but does not stick well to porous, lacquered, or rubberized surfaces.
- Put the headphones on to ensure the ModMic will reach the corner of your mouth from the desired mounting point.
- Thoroughly clean and dry the surface with the included alcohol pad.
Attaching & Orientation
- Attach a to the top clasp that holds the ModMic’s boom.
- Remove the protective backing from the adhesive.
- While holding the top clasp, orient the mic boom angle down so it points towards where your mouth will be when using your headphones. (This will reduce the need for additional bends in the boom after installation—see Figure A).
- Press the whole mic/clasp down onto the cleaned spot and hold firmly for 60 seconds. Allow the adhesive to cure for 1 hour.
- To reverse the orientation of the boom from the left earcup to the right, do not remove the boom’s screw-on clasp. Simply re-bend the cable end of the boom downward in the opposite shape (see Figure B). Always ensure the cable is pointing downward to prevent cable breaks.
Getting the most from your ModMic Uni
- The mic is sensitive to plosive blast/wind from your mouth, especially “P” sounds (see Figure C).
- To lessen unwanted cable torque on the clasp, fold the cable end of the boom so that it is close to the clasp (see Figure D).
- Ensure the mic symbol on the boom is pointed towards your mouth (see Figure E for detail).
Do you need a little more help?
Here are some common troubleshooting steps that may help you out.
- Ensure the mute switch is in the unmuted position.
- Make sure you have the ModMic selected as your default listening device in your recording devices options.
- Try multiple ports on your computer/device if you’re having audio quality issues.
- If you need additional help contact us at [email protected] for service.
- Some wireless routers may cause interface if close to the mic/cable.
ModMic Uni Warranty
FROM DATE OF PURCHASE, OUR TWO (2) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS MANUFACTURING DEFECTS OF THE MODMIC AND/OR ITS ACCESSORIES.
If you experience a product defect and are within the return period of the reseller from which you purchased, please return the item to the retailer.
If you are outside their return window but within our warranty window of 2 years (or the minimum warranty required by your country from date of purchase), we will repair or replace your ModMic for any manufacturing defects in the ModMic and/or its accessories at our discretion.
Our Warranty does not cover/is voided by the following:
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, neglect, or misuse.
- If you cannot supply a valid dated proof of purchase.
- If the ModMic has been disassembled.
Before returning your ModMic for repair or replacement please contact us first at [email protected] for further assistance!
After Warranty repair or replacement, your Warranty will remain in effect until either two (2) years after your original purchase date, or ninety (90) days after repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
For Australia Only:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of accessible quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Antlion Audio, P.O. Box 86339, Portland, OR 97286, USA. Telephone: +01 (971) 319-0326
www.AntlionAudio.com Facebook: AntlionAudio Twitter: @AntlionAudio
For more information/extra clasps/questions/feedback visit www.AntlionAudio.com. Designed in Portland, Oregon.
Manufactured in China. ModMic and Antlion logo are registered trademarks of GTDevice LLC. U.S. and International patents.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF: