Arcshell Rechargeable Long Range Two-Way Radios
- DIMENSIONS: 9.5 x 6.75 x 6.5 inches
- WEIGHT: 0.01 ounces
- FREQUENCY RANGE: 400-470MHz
- RF RATED POWER: ≤ 5W
- CHANNEL CAPACITY: 16
- OPERATED VOLTAGE: 7V
- BRAND: Arcshell
The Arcshell two-way radios are small, light-weight, and solid built radios. They fit perfectly in the hand. These two-way radios are easy to operate and feature a removable belt clip. Both the radios have identical frequency on each of the 16 channels. It also features a mechanical rotary switch, which can be used to switch between channels. It also a voice prompt which tells you the channel number. These headphones are rechargeable and feature a 1500mAh battery which can be fully charged in about 2.5 hours. The battery can last from 8 to 96 hours depending on your usage that is the transmission of signals. In order to talk in to the mic, push the button. Each radio has a single earpiece. The plug in of this earpiece is K-type and has a plug of 3.5mm and 2.5mm. the range of these two-way radios is about 5 miles with no obstructions.
- Refer service to qualified technicians only.
- Do not disassemble or modify the transceiver for any reason.
- Do not expose the transceiver under direct sunlight long time or to extremely hot condition.
- Do not place the transceiver on the unstable surface.
- Keep the transceiver out of dust, moisture, and water.
- Do not operate the transceiver or charge the battery pack under explosive conditions.
UNPACKING AND CHECKING EQUIPMENTS
Carefully unpack the transceiver. We recommend that you identify the items listed in the following table before discarding the packing material. If any items are missing or have been damaged during shipment, please contact the dealers immediately.
CHARGING THE LI-ION BATTERY PACK
Please charge the new battery pack before using it.
The new or stored (more than two months) battery pack, which cannot reach its full capacity for the first charging. After 2 or 3 times charging and discharging, it can reach full charge.
JUST SEE THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS
- Plug the adapter into an electric socket.
- Insert the transceiver or battery into the drop-in charging tray.
- Ensure that the battery’s contacts connect with the drop-in charging tray properly, while the charging is taking place, the light will glow red.
- After 3 hours charging, the LED indicator will light green which means the full charge. Now remove the battery or the transceiver from the drop-in charging tray.
Do not recharge the battery pack if it is fully charged. Doing so may cause the life of the battery pack to shorten or the battery pack may be damaged.
INSTALLING/REMOVING THE BATTERY PACK
The usage time of JL-11 Battery Pack is about 8 hours, which is based upon 5% transmit/5% receive/90% standby (standard duty cycle). See following images:
- Do not short-circuit the terminals of the battery or throw the battery into the fire.
- Do not disassemble the battery pack yourself.
INSTALLING THE ANTENNA
Screw the antenna into the connector on the top of the transceiver by holding the antenna at its base and turning it clockwise until secure.
The antenna is neither a handle, a key ring retainer, nor a speaker, microphone attachment point. Using the antenna in these ways may damage the antenna and degrade your transceiver’s performance.
INSTALLING BELT CLIP
If the belt clip is not installed, its mounting location may get hot during continuous transmission or under heated environment.
If the belt clip is not installed, its mounting location may get hot during continuous transmission or under healed environment.
INSTALLING THE (OPTIONAL) SPEAKER/MICROPHONE
Insert the speaker/microphone plugs into the speaker/microphone jacks of the transceiver.
The transceiver is not fully water resistant when using speaker/microphone.
GETTING AC QUAINTED
- Led Indicator- The LED indicator lights continuously red when transmitting. And lights green when in reception condition.
- Channel Switch-Rotate it to select the channel. No.16 channel is scanning channel.
- POWER SWITCHNOLUME CONTROL
Turn clockwise to switch ON the transceiver.
Turn counterclockwise fully to switch OFF the transceiver. Rotate to adjust the volume.
- PTT (PUSH-TO-TALK) BUTTON
Press this button, then speak into the microphone to call a station. Release to receive a call.
- MONITOR BUTTON
Press and hold (Squelch OFF) to hear the background noise; Release to return to normal operation.
- FUNCTION KEY-Just press to activate the torch function.
- SPEAKER/MICROPHONE JACKS
SWITCHING POWER ON/OFF
Turn the power switch/volume control clockwise. You will hear a beep and speech, indicating the transceiver is ON.
ADJUSTING THE VOLUME
Hold Monitor button down to listen to audio level while rotating the Power switch/volume control. Rotate clockwise to increase and counterclockwise to decrease volume.
SELECTING THE CHANNEL
Turn the channel switch to select your desired channel. NO.16 is Scanning Channel.
To transmit, press and hold [PTT] and speak into the microphone in your normal tone of voice.
The LED indicator lights continuously red when transmitting.
To maximize sound clarity at the receiving station, hold the transceiver 2 to 3 inches from mouth and talk in normal tone of voice.
The purpose of Squelch is to mute the speaker when no signals are present (Squelch OFF). With the squelch level correctly set, you will hear sound only while actually receiving signals (Squelch ON). The squelch level can be adjusted via program software.
TIME-OUT TIMER (TOT)
The purpose of the Time-out Timer is to prevent any caller from using a channel for an extended period of time which will cause thermal damage. The built-in Time-out Timer limits each transmission time to a certain time. The transmission time extends the certain time you set, an alert tone will sound.
Scan is a useful function for hands-off monitoring of your favorite frequencies. When transceiver is set as SCAN via software, turn the channel selector to channel 16, the transceiver will automatically detect the activities of scanning channel from 1 to 15 (Different channel can be set).
- The transceiver stops scanning at the frequency (or memory channel) where a signal is detected. It then continues or stops scanning.
- If there are less than 2 channels, it cannot scan.
- On channel 16, press PTT and MONI key, it will turn on the SCAN, or turn off the SCAN.
- If the FM radio function is activated, it cannot scan.
- Voice Prompt ON/OFF can be set via software.
- On channel 10, press PTT and MONI key, then switch on the transceiver, Voice Prompt can be cancelled or activated.
- On channel 15, press PTT and MONI key, then switch on the transceiver to choose different voice prompt languages.
VOX (Voice Operated Transmission)
VOX eliminates the necessity of manually switching to the transmission Mode each time you want to transmit. The transceiver automatically switches to Transmission Mode when the VOX circuitry senses that you have begun speaking into the microphone.
When you operate the VOX function, you must use an optional headset with microphone.
- When operating the VOX function, be sure to set the VOX Gain level which allows the transceiver to recognize the sound levels.
- If the microphone is too sensitive; the transceiver will begin transmitting when there is noise in the background.
- If it is not sensitive enough; it will not pick up your voice when you begin speaking. Be sure to adjust the VOX Gain level to an appropriate sensitivity to allow smooth transmission.
On channel 1-5, press and hold the MONI and PTT, then switch on the transceiver, thus to activate the VOX functions ON/OFF.
On channel 11, press and hold the PTT and MON I, then switch the transceiver on, thus to activate the emergency alarm function ON/OFF. Also, ii can be set with program software. If the function is OFF, the other transceiver receives the signal, it is not able to alarm.
The battery saver function will decrease the amount of power used when a signal is not being received and no operations are being performed (no keys are being pressed, and no switches are being turned).
While the channel is not busy and no operation is performed for more than 1 O seconds, Battery Saver turns ON.
When a signal is received or an operation is performed, Battery Saver turns OFF.
BATTERY LOW ALERT
Battery Low Alert reminds you of recharging.
When the battery power is very low, an alert tone will sound and the LED indicator will blink red. Please recharge or replace the battery pack.
When you are receiving and no signals present, the squelch function can mute the speaker, so you cannot hear the background noise. If you want to switch the squelch function OFF, press and hold [MONI] button. It is very helpful when you want to adjust the volume level and receive the weak signals.
BUSY CHANNEL LOCK-OUT (BCL)
Busy Channel Lock-out function can be turned ON/OFF with program software on every channel.
When activated, BCL prevents you from interfering with other parties who may be using the same channel that you selected. Pressing the PTT switch while the channel is in use
will cause your transceiver to emit an alert tone and transmission will be inhibited (you cannot transmit). Release the PTT switch to stop the tone and return to receive mode.
CTCSS (Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System)/ (Digital Coded Squelch)
You may sometimes want to hear calls from only specific persons or groups. In this case, use the selective call which allows
You to ignore unwanted calls from other persons who are using the same frequency.
CTCSS or DCS is a sub-audible tone and is selectable from among the 39 or 83 tone frequency listed.
CTCSS and DCS do not cause your conversation to be private and scrambled. It only relieves you from listening to unwanted conversations.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I combine 2 sets?
Yes, you can combine up to 4 sets.
No, the radios are sold only in pairs.
Does it come with the hardware and software for programming the radios?
No, it doesn’t come with any software.
How to talk in to the radio?
Push the button on the side of the radio to talk in to it.
How far is the range?
The claimed range of these radios is 5 miles.
Are they waterproof or water-resistant?
No, they aren’t waterproof or water-resistant.
Yes, the antennas can be replaced with longer ones.
Will these radios work with Motorola Headsets?
Yes, they work with the Motorola Headsets.
Can the Arcshell AR 6 work with Arcshell AR 5?
Yes, they are compatible with one another.
Are the ear pieces included?
Yes, they come with the ear pieces.