Multiroom Music Streamer
Welcome to the Audioengine family and congratulations on your purchase of the Audioengine B-Fi Multiroom Music Streamer! Audioengine is dedicated to bringing you the highest-quality listening experience possible and the Audioengine B-Fi was designed with the same attention to detail and operational simplicity as all our other products.
We wish to sincerely thank our customers and the entire Audioengine team for the inspiration to create yet another great product.
What’s in the box
Stereo audio cable
Power supply with detachable power cable
Upgrade your stereo and bring high-fidelity music streaming into your home. Connect B-Fi to any music system and your internet to stream from your favorite music service or direct from your music library using your phone, tablet, or computer.
Add multiple B-Fi streamers to other music systems or powered speakers for multiroom sound and stereo pairing. Control all your music from anywhere in your home and play any song in any room (or every room).
B-Fi is simple to set up and control and features digital and analog outputs for premium HD wireless audio.
1. Please read these instructions before using this product.
2. Keep these instructions for future reference.
3. Heed all warnings on the product and in this guide.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water or moisture.
6. Clean only with a dry cloth and as directed by the manufacturer.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources, such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other apparatus that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wider blade or third prong are provided for your safety.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Use only attachments or accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table specified by the manufacturer or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time to prevent damage to this product.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way such as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK DO NOT OPEN
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR BACK.) NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED PERSONNEL
- Status button & indicator
- Micro USB power input
- Toslink optical output
- Analog audio output
- Download the free Audioengine app from the Apple App Store for iOS or from Google Play for Android. This is what you need to set up and configure your B-Fi. No need to install or open this app yet as we first need to connect B-Fi to your music system.
- Connecting B-Fi to your music system
Connect the included RCA audio cable (or TOSLINK digital optical cable) between B-Fi and your music system or powered speakers.
- Connect the included power cable between the power supply and B-Fi, then plug the power supply into a functioning power outlet.
- Turn on your music system and set the volume level so you can hear the voice and audio prompts during setup.
- The B-Fi Status button will blink rapidly for 15 seconds, then a piano tone will play through your music system.
- The B-Fi Status button will now blink more slowly and a voice will say: “Entering setup mode. Follow the instructions in the app to finish the setup.”
If no piano tone or voice is heard after 15 seconds, check your music system volume level.
B-Fi will remain in setup mode (slow-blinking Status button) for 5 minutes before timing-out. To go back into setup mode, press and hold the B-Fi Status button for about 5 seconds until you hear the voice prompt again.
Connecting B-Fi wirelessly to your internet router
As device screens seem to constantly change with updates and not all Android menus are identical, the easiest way to get through this setup is to follow the instructions directly in the app and listen to the voice prompts through your music system.
During setup we recommend that your phone, B-Fi, and wireless internet router are within 15 feet of each other.
You may need your wifi password if it’s not already saved on your device.
- Install the previously downloaded Audioengine app onto your iOS or Android device.
- Open the app and select “OK” if you want the app to access your music library on your device.
- The app will say “Searching for Audioengine Wireless Hi-Fi System”. Select “Add Device”.
- Following the app instructions, select “Settings” to leave the app and go into your device’s wifi settings.
- Turn on your device’s wifi and select “Audioengine B-Fi” from your wifi list.
- The audio voice will respond “You are now connected to your speaker.
- Follow the instructions in the app to finish the setup.”
- Go back into the Audioengine app.
- B-Fi works on 2.4G, so select 2.4G network from your wifi list and enter your internet router password if prompted to do so.
- The voice will then say “Connected to your wifi network.” Select “Next”.
- Rename B-Fi if you wish, then select the right arrow at the top of the screen.
- Swipe left 2 times to get to your music or exit the app and go to another player.
Try moving B-Fi and your device closer to your router.
Restart your router, device, and B-Fi.
How to play your music
B-Fi setup, as well as multiroom and stereo configurations, are done via the Audioengine app.
After setup, you can play your music using the music players and streamers we include or leave the app and use your own.
For example, if you’re into Pandora on your iPhone, select B-Fi as the phone’s audio output in the iOS Music app. Or if your favorite player has audio output settings included, as many do, you can select B-Fi as the output within the app. And if you set up B-Fi on an iPhone, you can also use it on other devices. So if you listen to TIDAL on your laptop, select B-Fi as the audio output from within TIDAL or from the OS audio settings. So you’re not stuck using only our app as there are other options for Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. And no matter how you connect and listen, B-Fi HD audio quality will always be best-in-class.
Press and release the Status button to turn B-Fi off. Press the button again to turn it back on. After you turn B-Fi back on, wait a few seconds for the Status button to stop flashing and the voice to say “Connected to your wifi network” before playing your music.
Extra tips, troubleshooting, FAQs, and this guide can be found on our website: audioengine.com
If you have questions or need help, please contact our customer support team: [email protected]
All Audioengine products have a 3-year Limited Warranty on parts and labor from date of purchase. The Limited Warranty applies to Audioengine products purchased in the United States only. Your warranty is automatic, so there is no need to register. For Limited Warranty coverage elsewhere, please contact the Audioengine dealer, reseller, or distributor in your country or region.
What is covered
All defective parts or faulty workmanship.
What is not covered
The Audioengine Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, excessive moisture, lightning, power surges, other acts of nature, unauthorized product modification or repairs, or failure to follow the instructions outlined in this guide.
What we will do
We will repair or replace any defective parts, at our option, within a reasonable amount of time and free of charge any time during the warranty period. Aer service, we will be responsible for shipping the product back to you at our expense to a US address.
What we ask from you
You will be responsible for shipping charges to Audioengine or to an authorized dealer. We recommend you keep the original shipping materials to prevent shipping damage if service is needed. Audioengine cannot be responsible for any damages incurred during shipping due to poor packing, so please pack well and make sure to insure your shipment.
How to obtain Audioengine warranty service
If you have any questions or feel you may need service, contact the reseller where you purchased your product. You can also visit our support portal at support.audioengineusa.com where you will find a searchable Knowledge Base. And if you don’t find an answer to your question you can easily contact us by opening a support ticket. We will do everything we can to answer your questions and resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
This Limited Warranty is fully transferable provided the current owner furnishes the proof of purchase and that the serial number on the product is intact. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF THE AUDIOENGINE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL AUDIOENGINE BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES.
Product returns and refunds
We sincerely hope you get as much enjoyment from our products as we’ve had to create them. However, should you have an issue or are not satisfied with any Audioengine product for any reason contact the reseller where you purchased or contact us directly: [email protected]
Audioengine designs and builds innovative audio products with all your music in mind. Great sound, simple but elegant designs, high-quality materials and truly useful features are what Audioengine is about. We sincerely hope you get as much enjoyment from our products as we’ve had creating them!
FCC Part 15 Notice
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1) This device may not cause harmful interference.
2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
– Consult the dealer or an experienced technician for help.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator & your body.
Information for Users on Disposal of Old Equipment [European Union]
This symbol indicates that the electrical and electronic equipment should not be disposed as general household waste at its end-of-life. Instead, the product should be handed over to the applicable collection point for recycling in accordance with your national legislation.
By disposing of this product correctly, you will help to conserve the environment and human health that could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more information about collection point and recycling of this product, please contact your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product. Penalties may be applicable for incorrect disposal of this waste, in accordance with national legislation.
[Other Countries outside the European Union]
If you wish to dispose of this product, please do so in accordance with applicable national legislation or other rules in your country for the treatment of old electrical and electronic equipment.
Additional useless information required to be included in this guide by our testing lab:
IEEE 802.11 b: 2412MHz-2472MHz
IEEE 802.11g: 2412MHz-2472MHz
IEEE 802.11n HT20: 2412MHz-2472MHz
IEEE 802.11n HT40: 2422MHz-2462MHz
2.4G Wi-Fi transmitter power: <20dBm (EIRP)
This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance 20cm between the radiator and your body. This equipment can use in all European members without restriction. Hereby, Audioengine LLC declares that the radio equipment type B-Fi is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following address: https://audioengine.com
© 2020 Audioengine, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Audioengine and Audioengine B-Fi are trademarks of Audioengine.
All other product names, company names and logos mentioned may be the trademarks of their respective owners and are acknowledged by Audioengine.