August Dual Bluetooth Transmitter User Manual
Thank you for purchasing the August MR270-HD Dual Chanel Bluetooth Transmitter.This user manual is designed to familiarize you with all the features o this device. Please take the time to read this user manual carefully, even if you are already familiar with a similar product.
To ensure the safety of you and others, please read the Safety Instructions before using this device. Please do not disassemble the product, ii can be unsafe and will Invalidate the manufacturer’s warranty.
Please ensure the product and accessories are disposed of in compliance with the WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Directive and any other regulations applicable to your country. Always check with the environment agency and any other relevant authorities for current disposal regulations. Declaration of Conformity The Declaration of Conformity can be found on our website at http://augustint.com/en/declaration/
You can contact us by phone on: +44 (0)845 250 0586 or by email at: [email protected] should you require further technical support or customer service.
- Do not use this device near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth. Switch this product off before cleaning.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as stoves or other apparatus that produce heat.
- Only use the accessories supplied by the manufacturer.
- Do not open the device, as this will invalidate the warranty.
- Transmits Audio to Two Devices Simultaneously
- Optical and 3.5mm Audio Input
- Built-in Long Life Rechargeable Battery
- Distance: up to 10m (Class II)
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, PBAP
- USB Power Cable
- 3.5mm to 2xRCA Audio Cable
- 3.5mm Audio Cable
- User Manual
Part Names and Functions
- Button I
- Status LED 1
- Button 11
- Status LED 11
- Optical Audio In
- Aux In
- Charging LED
- Charging Port
- Reset Button
- Power Button
Status LED Meaning
|Constant White||Searching tor Paired Devices to Connect to|
|Flashing Blue Quickly||Pairing|
|Constant Blue||Paired with MC Codec|
|Constant Green||Paired with aptX Codec|
|Constant Yellow||Paired with aptX-LLCodec|
|Constant Red||Paled with aptX-HD Codec|
|Flashing White||Low Battery|
- When connecting two devices to the MR270-HD at the same time, the device will support aptX.
- Due to the LED used, the constant yellow light may be mistaken for green.
- Aux connection
- Optical connection
Note: When both optical and aux audio input are connected, themR270-Nnwill use the aux audio input.
Press and hold the power button to switch the MR270.HOOtt Both status LEDs will light white and them R27o-i-D will search for paired devices to connect to.
Connecting a Device
- Press button I or button II to enter paring mode. In paring mode the status LED will flash blue quickly.
- Enable Bluetooth on the receiving device and enter pairing mode (see the device’s user manual for more information).
- The MR270-HD will connect automatically to the receiving device. Once successfully paired, status LED I or II will light blue, green, yellow or red constantly mode (see 4.1 Status LED Meaning for more information).
Clearing Bluetooth Connections Press and hold button II for 5 seconds to clear all paired devices from the MR270-HD.
Charging and Power Saving
Charging the Device
The status LEDs will flash white when the battery is low. To recharge, connect the MR270-HD to a power USB port using the provided USB power cable.
Whilst charging, the charging LED will light red and turn green once the battery is fully charged.
A full charge takes approximatively 1.5 hours depending on power input.
Note: When powered by a USB cable the MR270-HD will switch on automatically.
When the transmitter is switched on and powered by the battery, but no Bluetooth connection is available, or no devices are connected, the MTh*Swill switch off automatically after 30 minutes.
Enable / disable aptX
If your headphones don’t support aptX. please switch Enable/ Disable button on MR270-HD. Remove the USB cable. turn on the device, press Button I for 10 seconds to switch between Enable/Disable:
- When aptX is enabled. press Button I for 10 seconds to disable aptX. the white indicator light turns off.
- When apt< is disabled. press Button I for 10 seconds to enable aptX the white indicator light wig flash three times then’ tam off. After aptX switch, press power button twice to turn on device.
|Bluetooth Version||Bluetooth v5.0 with SBC, aptX, aptX-LL, aptX-HD|
|Bluetooth Profile||A2DP,AVRCP, PBAP|
|Operating Range||Up to 10m|
|Power Input||DC 5V/300mA|
|Internal Battery||400mAh Li-polymer battery|
|Working Time||Approx 15 hours|
|Charging Time||Approx 1. 5 hours|
|Problems||Possible Causes and Solutions|
|Unable to switch on||
|Unabletopair Bluetoothaudio device||
|There is no sound from my Bluetooth audio device||
This product is guaranteed for twelve months from the date of the original purchase. In the unlikely event of any defect arising due to faulty materials or workmanship, the unit will be either replaced or repaired free of charge (where possible) during this period. An alternative product will be offered in case the product is no longer available or repairable.
This warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- The warranty is only valid within the country where the product is purchased.
- The product must be correctly installed and operated in accordance to the instructions given in this user manual
- The product must be used solely for domestic purposes.
- The warranty only covers the main unit, and does not cover the accessories
- The warranty does not cover the damage caused by misuse, negligence, accident and natural disaster.
- The warranty will be rendered invalid if the product is resold or has been damaged by inexpert repairs. The manufactures disclaim any liability for incidental or consequential damages.
- Please consult our customer adviser before returning any product; we are not responsible for any unexpected product returns.
- Any faulty product must be kept and returned in the original packaging with all the accessories and the original copy of the purchase receipt.
The warranty is in addition to, and does not diminish, your statutory or legal rights.
Telephone: +44 (0) 845 250 0586
Email: [email protected]
This product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. The Declaration of conformity may be consulted online at http://www.augustint.com/en/declaration