beamZ STARCOLOR 72 LED Par Light
WARNING ! Before carrying out any operations with the unit, carefully read this instruction manual and keep it with care for future reference. It contains important information about the installation, usage and maintenance of the unit.
- Unpack and check carefully that there is no transportation damage before using the unit
- Please read these instructions carefully and follow the instructions.
- Observe all safety warnings. Never remove safety warnings or other information from the equipment.
- Be sure that no ventilation slots are blocked; otherwise the unit will overheated.
WARNING! Before connecting the equipment to the power outlet, first verify that the mains voltage and frequency match the values specified on the equipment. If the equipment has a voltage selection switch, connect the equipment to the power outlet only if the equipment values and the mains power values match. If the included power cord or power adapter does not fit in your wall outlet, contact your electrician.
- After connecting the unit, check all cables in order to prevent damage or accidents, e.g., due to tripping hazards.
- Make sure that the power cord is never crimped or damaged. Check the unit and the power cord from time to time.
- Always disconnect power from the mains, when unit is not used or before cleaning! Only handle the power cord by the plug. Never pull out the plug by tugging the power cord.
- Unplug the power cord and power adapter from the power outlet if there is a risk of a lightning strike or before extended periods of disuse.
- Do not switch the unit on and off in short intervals.
- Do not connect the unit to a dimmerpack.
- Install the unit in a well ventilated place.
- Never place any material over the lens.
- Never let the sunlight lights directly to the front lens , even when the unit is not working.
- Always allow free air space of at least 50 cm around the unit for ventilation.
- Make sure that the area below the installation place is blocked when rigging, derigging or servicing the unit.
- For mounting height >100 cm, always fix the unit with an appropriate safety-rope. Fix the safety-rope at the correct fixation points only. The safety-rope must never be fixed at the transport handles!
- Never look directly at the light beam. Please note that fast changes in lighting, e. g. flashing light, may trigger epileptic seizures in photosensitive persons or persons with epilepsy.
- This unit is not designed for permanent operation. Consistent operation breaks will ensure that the unit will serve you for a long time without defects.
WARNING! If the power cord of the unit is equipped with an earthing contact, then it must be connected to an outlet with a protective ground. Never deactivate the protective ground of a power cord.
- Make sure that the unit is not exposed to extreme heat or dust.
- Clean the unit using a dry cloth.
- Do not touch the unit bare-handed during its operation (housing becomes very hot). Allow the unit to cool for at least 5 minutes before handling.
- Do not expose this unit to flammable materials, fluids or gases.
- If the unit has been exposed to drastic temperature fluctuation (e.g. after transportation), do not switch it on immediately. The arising
condensation water might damage your unit. Leave the unit switched off until it has reached room temperature.
- Never attempt to bypass the thermostatic switch or fuses.
- Do not dismantle or modify the unit.
- For replacement use fuses/bulb of same type and rating only.
- Repairs, servicing and electric connection must be carried out by a qualified technician.
- The ambient temperature must always be between -20° C and +40° C.
- If this unit is operated in any other way, than the one described in this manual, the product may suffer damages and the warranty becomes void.
- Plastic bags must be kept out of reach of children.
- Unit must be installed out of the reach of children. Never leave the unit running unattended.
This symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product shall not be treated as household waste. Instead it shall be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment.
By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. The recycling of materials will help to conserve natural resources. For more detailed information about recycling of this product, please contact your local Civic Office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product.
CAUTION! Immediately upon receiving the product, carefully unpack the carton, check the contents to ensure that all parts are present, and have been received in good condition. Notify the shipper immediately and retain packing material for inspection if any parts appear damage from shipping or the package itself shows signs of mishandling. Save the package and all packing materials. In the event that the product must be returned to the factory, it is important that the product be returned in the original factory box and packing.
If the unit has been exposed to drastic temperature fluctuation (e.g. after transportation), do not switch it on immediately. The arising condensation water might damage your unit. Leave the unit switched off until it has reached room temperature.
On the label on the backside of the unit is indicated on this type of power supply must be connected. Check that the mains voltage corresponds to this, all other voltages than specified, the light effect can be irreparably damaged. The product must also be directly connected to the mains and may be used. No dimmer or adjustable power supply.
The unit has a powerconnector output on board. Depending on the local conditions several units can be linked by powerconnector in- and output. Connect a maximum of four (when using 230V/16A) units in a row. Use an approved three-core cable with a cross-section of at least 1.5 mm². The installation instructions of the manufacturer and the colour coding of the cable must be observed. Do not turn off the unit by turning the powerconnector but use the power on/off switch or schuko!
WARNING! Always connect the unit to a protected circuit (circuit breaker or fuse). Make sure the unit has an appropriate electrical ground to avoid the risk of electrocution or fire.
In temporary installations, you can suspend the fixture from a rigging truss by means of a rigging clamp that is approved for the weight of the fixture securely fastened through the hole in the center of the bracket (A). The fixture must be installed hanging vertically downwards only. When using a rigging clamp, secure the fixture with a safety cable, that is approved for the weight of the fixture so that the safety cable will hold the fixture if the rigging clamp fails. Remove as much slack as possible from the safety cable (by looping it more than once around the truss chord, for example). Check that the truss and all fasteners used can support 10 times the weight of all the fixtures and equipment that they will support.
When carrying out any installation, always comply European and national guidelines concerning rigging, truss and all other safety issues. Always let the installation checked out by an authorized dealer!
MOUNTING ON A SURFACE
To anchor the mounting bracket to a wall or other flat surface, use three high-strength corrosion-resistant fasteners that are safe for the application. Use selflocking nuts! Install washers under all nuts and bolt heads. Make sure that there is a washer between each fastener and the bracket. Ensure that the surface and all fasteners used can support 10 times the weight of all the fixtures and equipment that they will support.
Fasten the center of the bracket with a 10 mm (25/64inch) shaft diameter bolt in the center hole A. Then use two bolts with 8 mm (5/16 inch) shaft diameter passing through the curved slots B to anchor the fixture. This setup will give approximately 90° of pan adjustment.
If you are using a standard DMX controller, you can connect the DMX output of the controller directly to the DMX input of the first unit in a DMX chain. Always connect the output of one unit with the input of the next unit until all units are connected.
CAUTION! At the last unit, you must close the DMX line with a terminating resistor. Take an XLR connector and solder a 120 Ohm resistor between signal (-) and signal (+) and connect it to the DMX output of the last unit in the line.
PROTECTION CLASS IP65
Units with protection class IP65 are dust-tight and completely protected against contact (first code number). They are also protected against splash water from any angle (second code digit). That is why this unit can also be used out‐ doors. Events units are generally only designed for temporary use however (event lighting) and not for permanent use outdoors. The specified protection class does not make a statement about the weather resistance of the units (resistance to changing ambient conditions as well as against the effects of sunlight and UV rays). The seals and screw connections of the units must be checked regularly to ensure a fault-free operation.
This unit is virtually maintenance-free, but you should check the unit regularly for mechanical and electrical aspects.
Assess the operating environment and establish an inspection and cleaning schedule that follows the guidelines below:
- Disconnect the unit from the power supply and allow it to cool completely before inspecting and cleaning.
- Check that the screws and bolts used to install the unit are securely tightened and free from corrosion.
- Check the housing, fixing points and installation points, they must not show any signs of deformation, wear or fatigue.
- Check the mechanically moving parts, these must not show any signs of wear or fatigue.
- Check the electrical power and signal cables, they must not show any damage or fatigue.
- Do not use solvents, abrasives or other aggressive products to clean the unit.
- Wipe the unit and clean the glass plate with a soft, clean, lint-free cloth moistened with a weak cleaning solution. Place the solution on the cloth and not on the surface to be cleaned. Avoid rubbing glass surfaces.
- Dry the unit, connectors and contacts with a soft, clean, lint-free cloth or low-pressure compressed air before re-powering the unit.
The checklist below may help you troubleshoot in the unlikely event that a problem occurs while using the product:
Design and product specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The products referred to in this manual conform to the European Community Directives to which they are subject:
- Low Voltage (LVD) 2014/35/EU
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) 2011/65/EU