BEST BUY essentials Refrigerator Filter
Before using your new product, please read these instructions to prevent any damage.
- Refrigerator water filter(s) (1 or 2 pack)
- Quick Setup Guide
Compatible with the following branded filters:
- NSF 42 and 53 certified to filter contaminants, including chlorine, cysts, lead, and mercury
- Lasts up to six months or 316 gallons (1,196 L)
- Eliminates cloudiness for fresh, clear drinking water
Installing your filter
To drink the freshest and cleanest water from your refrigerator, change the filter every six months.
- Shut off the water supply to the refrigerator.
- Open the filter cover and turn the knob of the filter cartridge counter clockwise by 90 degrees to unlock the old filter, then pull it out.
- Insert the new filter cartridge and turn it clockwise to lock into place.
- Press and hold Filter Reset on the main panel for three seconds to reset the filter life.
- Open the water valve and run water through the dispenser for about five minutes (about three gallons (11.3 L)) to remove any trapped air and clear the system.
- Open the refrigerator door and make sure that no water leaks from the new filter.
Note: If leaks occur, repeat the installation steps. If leaks persist, discontinue use and call customer service.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of property damage due to water leakage, this filter MUST be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and instructions. This filter unit must be replaced every 316 gallons (1196 L) or six months. Failure to follow instructions and operating specifications will void your warranty. Further, the manufacturer assumes no responsibility or liability for damages arising out of misuse of the product.
Storage and maintenance
- Replace your filter every six months or 316 gallons (1,196 L) to prevent bacteria and fungus growth in your filter, supply lines, and storage tank.
- Stored filters do not expire. Keep your unused filters in a cool, dark, and dry place until you need them.
- If you do not use your water dispenser for more than four days, run two gallons (7.6 L) of water before using it to prevent bad tasting water.
My refrigerator is not dispensing water
- Make sure that the filter is securely connected to the filter holder. Do not use tools to tighten the filter in place.
- Make sure that the water line to the refrigerator is turned on. The valve must be completely open for the refrigerator to receive water.
- Make sure that the refrigerator door is closed or the dispenser will not work.
My water dispenser is dripping
- A few drops are normal. If the water is dripping constantly, have a service technician check your refrigerator’s water valve.
My water is cloudy or contains black carbon particles
- Cloudy water is caused by microscopic air bubbles. Run two gallons (7.6 L) of water from your dispenser to clear the air bubbles out.
- Black carbon particles in the water are normal and appear with all carbon filters.
Run two gallons (7.6 L) of water through your dispenser to remove loose carbon particles.
My new filter is making noises or sputtering
- Noises and sputtering are caused by trapped air pockets. Run two gallons (7.6 L) of water from your dispenser to push the air out.
- Reinstall the new filter as instructed and make sure that the filter is securely connected to the filter holder. Do not use tools to tighten the filter in place.
My water tastes bad
- If you do not use your water dispenser for more than four days, run two gallons (7.6 L) of water through the dispenser before using it.
- Make sure that you replace your filter every six months to prevent bacteria growth.
The system has been tested and certified by the NSF International according to NSFIANSI Standards 42 and 53 for the reduction of the substances listed below. The concentration of the indicated substances in water entering the system was reduced to a concentration less than or equal to the permissible limit for the water leaving the system, as specified by NSFIANSI Standards 42 and 53. While testing was performed under standard laboratory conditions, actual performance may vary.
Performance data sheet
|INFLUENT AVERAGE||NSF SPECIFIED CHALLENGE CONCENTRATION||AVE. % REDUCTION||MAX. PERMISSIBLE PRODUCT WATER CONCENTRATION||NSF REDUCTION REQUIREMENTS||
NSF TEST REPORT
|Chlorine, taste, and odor||2.1 mg/L||2.0 mg/L ± 10%||97.6%||N/A||≥50%||J-00356469|
|Lead (pH 8.5)||140 ug/L||140 ug/L ± 10%||99.6%||10 ug/L||N/A||J-00268279|
|Lead (pH 6.5)||140 ug/L||140 ug/L ± 10%||99.6%||10 ug/L||N/A||J-00268280|
|Cyst||120,000 oocysts/L||minimum 50000 oocysts/L||>99.99%||N/A||≥99.95%||J-00263594|
|Mercury (pH 8.5)||6 ug/L||6 ug/L ± 10%||92.3%||2 ug/L||N/A||J-00326152|
|Mercury (pH 6.5)||6 ug/L||6 ug/L ± 10%||93.8%||2 ug/L||N/A||J-00268282|
- Temperature: 33~100 °F (0.6°~ 38° C)
- Pressure: 20-100 psi (140-689 kPa)
- Capacity: 316 gal (1196 L)
- Flow rate: 0.5 gpm (1.9 lpm)
|Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standards 42 and 53 in Model EFF-6045S for the reduction of the claims specified on the Performance Data Sheet.|
Replacement Cartridge NO: BE-SSHQ531/BE-SSHQ532 NSF System NO: EFF-6045S
One-year limited warranty
Visit www.bestbuy.com/bestbuyessentials for details.
Contact Best Buy essentials
For customer service, call 866-597-8427 (U.S. and Canada) www.bestbuy.com/bestbuyessentials
Best Buy essentials is a trademark of Best Buy and its affiliated companies.
Distributed by Best Buy Purchasing, LLC 7601 Penn Ave South, Richfield, MN 55423 U.S.A.
©2021 Best Buy. All rights reserved.