Bestway 55029 Fill N Fun Sparkling Sea Pool
WARNING: smooth out the bottom
Put 1” to 2” water in the pool to cover the floor. Once pool floor is slightly covered, gently smooth out all wrinkles. Start in the center of the pool and work your way clockwise to the outside.
After the installation of the pool’s steel frame is completed, ensure that the verticals are perpendicular to the ground. If they aren’t, the verticals could be bent or deformed.
Do not assemble with pool legs on soft lawn. If you must assemble the pool on a soft surface, timber boards (not included) must be placed under the feet of the vertical support rods for even weight distribution.
The timber board must meet two conditions:
- The thickness is less than 1cm.
- The board should not touch the pool liner.
WARNING: Carefully read, understand, and follow all information in this user manual before installing and using the swimming pool. These warnings, instructions, and safety guidelines address some common risks of water recreation, but they cannot cover all risks and dangers in all cases. Always use caution, common sense, and good judgment when enjoying any water activity. Retain this information for future use.
Non Swimmers safety
- Continuous, active, and vigilant supervision of weak swimmers and non-swimmers by a competent adult is required at all times (remembering that children under five are at the highest risk of drowning).
- Designate a competent adult to supervise the pool each time it is being used.
- Weak swimmers or non-swimmers should wear personal protection equipment when using the pool.
- When the pool is not in use, or unsupervised, remove all toys from the swimming pool and its surrounding to avoid attracting children to the pool.
- In order to prevent children from drowning, it is recommended to secure the access to the pool with a protection device. In order to prevent children climbing from the inlet and outlet valve, it is recommended to install a barrier (and secure all doors and windows, where applicable) to prevent unauthorized access to the swimming pool.
- Barriers, pool covers, pool alarms, or similar safety devices are helpful aids, but they are not substitutes for continuous and competent adult supervision.
- It is recommended to keep rescue equipment (e.g. a ring buoy) by the pool.
- Keep a working phone and a list of emergency phone numbers near the pool.
Safe use of the pool
- Encourage all users especially children to learn how to swim.
- Learn Basic Life Support (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – CPR) and refresh this knowledge regularly. This can make a life-saving difference in the event of an emergency.
- Instruct all pool users, including children, what to do in case of an emergency.
- Never dive into any shallow body of water. This can lead to serious injury or death.
- Do not use the swimming pool when using alcohol or medication that may impair your ability to safely use the pool.
- When pool covers are used, remove them completely from the water surface before entering the pool.
- Protect pool occupants from water related illnesses by keeping the pool water treated and practicing good hygiene. Consult the water treatment guidelines in the user’s manual.
- Store chemicals (e.g. water treatment, cleaning or disinfection products) out of the reach of children.
- Use the signage as outlined below. Signage is to be displayed in a prominent position within 2m of the pool.
Removable ladders shall be placed on a horizontal surface.
- Irrespective of materials used for swimming pool construction, accessible surfaces have to be checked regularly to avoid injuries.
- Regularly monitor bolts and screws. Remove splinters or any sharp edges to avoid injuries.
- Do not leave the drained pool outside.
- The empty pool is liable to become deformed and/or displaced due to wind.
- If you have a filter pump, refer to the pump’s manual for instructions.
WARNING! The pump cannot be used while people are inside the pool!
- If you have a ladder, refer to the ladder’s manual for instructions.
- The use of a swimming pool implies compliance with the safety instructions described in the operating and maintenance guide. In order to prevent drowning or other serious injuries, pay particular attention to the possibility of unexpected access to the swimming pool by children under 5 years by securing the access to it, and, during the bathing period, keep them under constant adult supervision.
Please read carefully and keep for future reference
CHOOSE THE CORRECT LOCATION
The surface chosen to install the pool must respect the following technical characteristics:
- Because of the combined weight of the water inside the pool and the pool users, it is extremely important that the surface chosen to install the pool is capable of uniformly supporting the total weight for the entire time the pool is installed. When choosing the surface, take into consideration that water may come out of the pool when in use or in the rain. If the water softens the surface, it may lose its capability to support the pool weight.
- Check regularly the position of the vertical legs and the U- supports. They must be on the same level as the bottom of the pool at all times. If the vertical leg or the U-support starts to sink into the ground, drain the water immediately to avoid the pool collapsing due to the uneven loading on the frame structure. Change the location of the pool or modify the surface material.
- We recommend positioning the pool away from any objects children could use to climb into the pool.
- Position the pool near an adequate drainage system to deal with overflow or to discharge the pool.
- The surface must be flat and smooth. If the surface is inclined or uneven, it can create an unbalanced loading on the structure of the pool. This situation can damage the welding point of the liner and bend the frame. In the worst cases, the pool can collapse, causing serious personal injury and/or damage to personal property.
- The selected surface must be clear of any type of object. Due to the weight of the water, any object under the pool could damage or perforate the bottom of the pool.
- The selected surface must be clear of aggressive plants and weed species. Those types of strong vegetation could grow through the liner and create water leakage. The grass or other vegetation that may cause odor or slime to develop have to be eliminated from the set-up location.
- The selected location must not have overhead power lines or trees. Be sure the location does not contain underground utility pipes, lines or cables of any kind.
- The selected position must be far from house entrance. Do not position any equipment or other furniture around the pool. The water that comes out of the pool during the use or due to a faulty product can damage the furniture inside the house or surrounding the pool.
- The selected surface must be flat and without holes that can damage the material of the liner.
Follow the important instructions above to choose the correct surface and location to set up your pool. Damaged parts of the pool, due to the fact that the set-up surface and location do not match the instructions, will not be considered as a manufacturing defect and will avoid the warranty and any service claims. Suggested set-up surfaces: grass, ground, concrete, and all other surfaces that respect the above set-up conditions.
Not suggested surfaces: mud, sand, gravel, deck, balcony, driveway, platform, soft/loose soil, or another surface that does not meet the above set-up conditions.
- Check with your local city council for by-laws relating to fencing, barriers, lighting and safety requirements and ensure you comply with all laws.
- If have a filter pump, refer to the pump’s manual for instructions.
- The ladder must match the pool size and should be used only for entering and exiting the pool. It is forbidden to exceed the permitted payload of the ladder. Check regularly if the ladder is properly assembled.
NOTE: Some parts already have been installed on the pool.
Installation usually takes approximately 20-30 minutes with 2-3 people excluding earthworks and filling. Assembly of the Frame Pool can be completed without tools. To lengthen the life of your pool, it is important to sprinkle the top rail with the Talcum Powder before assembly. Talcum Powder is not included and is easily available in the market. Bestway will not be responsible for damage caused to the pool due to mishandling or failure to follow these instructions.
- Layout all parts and check that you have the correct quantities as listed in the components list. For assistance or FAQs, please visit the support section on our website, www.bestwaycorp.com
- Spread out the pool and make sure the pool is right side up; let it sit exposed to direct sunlight for 1 hour or more so that the pool is more flexible during set up.
- Place the pool near an adequate drainage system to deal with overflow water and ensure the pool’s inlet A and outlet B are correctly positioned to allow your filter pump to connect to a power source.
NOTE: Do not use extension power cords to power your pump.
ATTENTION: Do not drag the pool on the ground, this can damage the pool.
NOTE: Drawings for illustration purposes only. May not reflect the actual product. Not to scale.
CONNECTION VALVE ASSEMBLY
For a pool with a connection valve.
NOTE: If you want to connect other pool cleaning kits to the pool through the connection valve, disassemble the Debris Screen from the Connector.
FILLING POOL WITH WATER
ATTENTION: Do not leave pool unattended while filling with water.
- Fill pool until water capacity is 90%, DO NOT OVERFILL as this could cause the pool to collapse. In times of heavy rainfall you may need to empty some of the water to ensure the level is correct.
- When filling the pool is completed, check that the water is not collecting on any side to ensure the pool is level. IMPORTANT: If pool is not level, drain water and re-level ground by digging out. Never attempt to move the pool with water in it, serious personal injury or damage to the pool may result.
WARNING: Your pool may contain a great deal of pressure. If your pool has any bulge or uneven side then the pool is not level, the sides may burst and the water may discharge suddenly causing serious personal injury and/or damage to property.
- Check pool for any leaks at valves or seams, check any evident water loss. Do not add chemicals until this has been done.
If you do not adhere to the maintenance guidelines below, your health might be at risk, especially that of your children.
Using chemical tablets (not included):
- NOTE: Chemconnect or Chemical Floater must be used when you perform chemical maintenance with tablets. Your purchased item may not include any of those dispensers, in this case you can purchase it by visiting our website www.bestwaycorp.com or at the nearest pool dealer.
- IMPORTANT: Don’t use granulate tablets or throw the tablet directly in the water. The chemicals can deposit on the bottom, damage the material and discolor the PVC.
Using chemical liquid (not included):
- IMPORTANT: Add chemical liquid in small doses and in the center of the pool to avoid direct contact between the chemicals and the PVC surface. Direct contact can damage the material and discolor the surface.
- NOTE: Remove the chemical dispenser from pool when the pool is in use.
- IMPORTANT: After performing chemical maintenance and before using the pool, use a test kit (not included) to test the water chemistry. We recommend maintaining your water according to the following table.
- NOTE: Damage resulting from chemical imbalance is not covered by the warranty. Pool chemicals are potentially toxic and should be handled with care. There are serious health risks from chemical vapors and the incorrect labeling and storage of chemical containers. Please consult your local pool supply retailer for more information about chemical maintenance. Pay close attention to the chemical manufacturer’s instructions. Pool damage resulting from misuse of chemicals and mismanagement of pool water is not covered by the warranty.
- IMPORTANT: Over usage of chemicals can discolor the printing and all points of the pool material. It can also damage the structure of the pool liner.
To keep your pool clean:
- Contact your local pool supply shop for advice and purchase of chemicals and pH kits. One of the most important factors to increase the life of the liner is to keep continuously clean and healthy water. Please strictly follow the instructions from professional technicians for the water treatment through the use of chemicals.
- Locate a bucket of water next to the pool to clean users’ feet before entering the pool.
- Cover the pool when not in use.
- Skim the pool regularly to avoid settled dirt.
- Check and wash the filter cartridge regularly.
- Gently clean any scum from below the top ring with a clean cloth.
- Please be careful in case of rainwater, kindly check that the water level is not higher than expected. If so, YOU HAVE TO DISCHARGE THE EXCESS WATER.
- If it rains, check that the water level is not higher than the specified level. If water exceeds the specified levels, drain the pool to the specified level.
Proper maintenance can maximize the life of your pool.
During the season of use of the swimming pool, the filtration system must be necessarily put into service every day, enough time to assure at least a complete renewal of the volume of water.
NOTE: The pump is used to circulate the water and to filter small particles. In order to keep your pool water clean and hygienic, you must also add chemicals.
In the event of a leak, patch your pool using the underwater adhesive repair patch provided. You can find the instructions in FAQs on the support section of our website, www.bestwaycorp.com
- Unscrew the drain valve cap on the outside of the pool counterclockwise and remove it.
- Connect the adaptor to the hose and put the other end of the hose in the area where you are going to drain your pool. (Check local regulations for drainage by-laws).
- Screw the control ring of the hose adaptor clockwise onto the drain valve. The drain valve will be open and water will start to drain automatically.
ATTENTION: Water flow can be controlled with the control ring.
- When draining is finished, unscrew the control ring to close the valve.
- Disconnect the hose.
- Screw the cap back onto the drain valve.
- Air dry pool.
ATTENTION: Do not leave the drained pool outside.
- Please remove all the accessories and spare parts of the pool and store them clean and dry.
- Once the pool is completely dry, sprinkle with talcum powder to prevent the pool from sticking together, fold the pool carefully. If the pool is not completely dry, mold may result and will damage the pool liner.
- Store liner and accessories in a dry place with a moderate temperature between 5ºC / 41ºF and 38ºC / 100ºF.
- During the rainy season, pools and accessories should be stored as per the above instructions also.
- Improper draining of the pool might cause serious personal injury and/or damage to personal property.
- We strongly recommend the pool be disassembled during the off-season (winter months). Store in a dry location out of children’s reach.
For support please visit us at: bestwaycorp.com/support
©2021 Bestway Inflatables & Material Corp. All rights reserved Trademarks used in some countries under license from Bestway Inflatables & Material Corp., Shanghai, China Manufactured, distributed and represented in the European Union by/ Bestway (Europe) S.r.l., Via Resistenza, 5, 20098 San Giuliano Milanese (Milano), Italy Distributed in North America by Bestway (USA) Inc., 3411 E. Harbour Drive, Phoenix, Arizona 85034, United States of America Tel: +86 21 69135588
(For U.S. and Canada)
Distributed in Latin America by Bestway Central & South America Ltda, Salar Ascotan 1282, Parque Enea, Pudahuel, Santiago, Chile Distributed in Australia & New Zealand by Bestway Australia Pty Ltd, Unit 2/98-104 Carnarvon St Silverwater, NSW 2128, Australia
Tel: Australia: (+61) 29 0371 388; New Zealand: 0800 142 101
Distributed in the United Kingdom by Bestway Corp UK Ltd. 8 Wentworth Road, Heathfield Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 6TL Exported by Bestway (Hong Kong) International Ltd./Bestway Enterprise Company Limited
Suite 713, 7/Floor, East Wing, Tsim Sha Tsui Centre, 66 Mody Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong www.bestwaycorp.com