BLAUPUNKT XLF 320 AW Velocity Power Active Subwoofer
Proper system planning is vital in order to maximize the device’s performance and road safety. Plan your installation carefully to avoid compromising performance reliability of the system. Consult an authorized Blaupunkt dealer for installation or rep-aration. Read the manual carefully before operating the device for the first time.
Ensure to follow below safety notes during installa-tion and wiring connection : –
- Ensure positions of the holes are nowhere near the vehicle component to avoid any damage during drilling.
- Ensure cross section of the cable is no less than 2.5mm2 if the positive and negative cables are too long.
- Incorrect installation may result in malfunction of the device or the car sound system.
Installation and Connection Instructions
- Select a dry and well-ventilated location to install the device.
- The device must not be installed in overly exposed location such on the rear shelf, rear seat etc.
- The installation location must be suitable for screw holes and have stable ground support.
- Use the supplied power extension cable to con-nect to the positive battery terminal.
- Firmly and carefully connect the ground lead to a bare metal point on the vehicle chassis.
- The control of the device should be a two-chan-nel control, either via the preamplier outputs or the loudspeaker, output of the car sound system.
- A control solely via the right or left channel is also possible since the low-frequency portion of the music is generally identical on both channels.
The integrated fuse in the device protects the out-put voltage and the entire electrical system in case of malfunction. Do not replace damaged fuse with higher current.
This device will automatically turn on if a music signal is detected. The device will also automatically turn off if no music signal is received.
In no event shall Blaupunkt be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special consequential-damages to property or life and whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of our products.
USA & CANADA: This product is not intended for sale in the United States and Canada. If purchased in the U.S. or Canada, this product is purchased on as-is basis. No warranty, whether expressed or implied is provided in the U.S. or Canada.
Recycling and Disposal
Do not dispose of your old unit in the household trash! Use the return and collection systems available to dispose of the old device. This manual may be updated from time to time without any notice.
FUNCTIONS CONTROLLING DIAGRAM
- Power / Speaker Input
- Remote Control Input
Threaded rods are available in 3 size : M8x125, M8x65 & M8x30. Please select suitable rods for installation according to the width of the tire.
Type 1 Fixing Base
Type 2 Fixing Base
- Speaker Size : 11” Diameter
- Impedance : (4+4) Ohms
- Sensitivity (1W/1m) : 85dB
- Cone Composition : Injected PP
- Magnet Type : Ferrite
- Enclosure Housing Material : Aluminum
- Enclosure Dimension (L x W x H) : 360 x 360 x 120mm
- Enclosure Net Weight : 7.4kg (Without Accessories)
- Amplifier Technology : D Class
- Normal Output Power (RMS) : 320W
- Max. Output Power : 420W
- Signal / Noise Ratio : >90dB
- Frequency Response : 20Hz – 150 Hz
- Low Pass Filter (LPF) : 50Hz – 150Hz Voltage : 12V (10V-14V)
- Phase Switch : 0 deg / 180 deg
- Automatic On/Off : High Level Only Fuse Rating : 30A
- THD : <0.4%
- Variable Bass Boost : 0 – 12dB Thermal Short & Overload Protection
Use the supplied cable and wire harness to connect the outputs correctly by referring to Diagram 1 & Dia-gram 2. Use only one of the audio inputs, otherwise, it may lead to audio interference.
Diagram 1 (High Level Input -Speaker Input)
With control via the High Level Inputs, first the speaker harness will need to be spliced the wire side of the splitter. Then connect the white wire to the left (+), white/ black wire to the left(-) (it can be identified whether the left or right channel via the attached harness label), grey to the right (+), and grey/black to the right (-) corresponding vehicles wires, and finally plug the supplied harness into the High-Level Inputs/power matching connector on the amplifier panel of the subwoofer.
Diagram 2 (Low Level Input -Speaker Input)
With control via the Low Level Inputs (also referred to as RCA Inputs), connect the blue colour remote wire from XLf 320 AW to the vehicle’s head unit so XLf 320 AW will turn on and off with systems.
- Securely mount the subwoofer to chassis with the provided bolt. (Fastener assemble direction has been enclosed.)
- After the connection, place in the spare wheel active subwoofer to the right location, make sure the subwoofer been firmly press down.
- Set the bolt tightly to ensure the subwoofer firmly fixed with the car, at the same time can prevent the screw of spare tire dislocation.
If any of the following problem occur, please resort to Troubleshooting for the possible solutions. Consult Blaupunkt authorized dealer if problem persist.
|Power up failure||Examine if the ground connection is intact.|
|Examine if remote input has at least 5V DC.|
|Ensure supplied voltage is minimum 12V.|
|Examine if fuse is broken and replace if necessary.|
|Restart the device if protection LED light is on.|
|Protection LED lights on when turn on||Examine speaker wire if had short-circuit.|
|Turn volume down from head unit to prevent overdriving the device.|
|Device might need service or repair, if protection LED light is still on
after resetting the device.
|No sound output||Examine fuses and replace if necessary.|
|Examine ground connection if intact.|
|Examine if remote input has at least 5V DC.|
|Examine if RCA audio cables are connected to the right inputs.|
|Examine if speaker wiring is intact.|
|Low sound output||Reset Level Control|
|Buzzing noise||Observe if the device is still producing noise after turning on and off|
|the amplier. If yes, examine if the cables are correctly connected and|
|if the cables and radio are in good condition. Repair or replace if the|
|cables or the radio are not in good condition.|
|Squealing noise interference||Ensure RCA connections are properly connected.|
|Distorted sound output||Ensure input level of the device matches the signal level of the head
|Always set the input level to the lowest.|
|Examine if speaker wire had short-circuit.|
|Temperature increased||Examine if minimum speaker impedance for the device is correct.|
|Ensure good air ventilation around the device. Add external cooling
fan if necessary.
|Engine noise (static sound)
|Usually caused by poor RCA cable quality, which release noise. Use
only the best quality cables, and route them away from power cables.
|Engine noise (alternator whine) interference||Examine if RCA cable are nowhere near or attached to the vehicle
|Examine if head unit is properly connected to the wires.|