Wi-Fi Setup Guide
Universal Programmable Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat
Leave this Setup Guide with thermostat.
Wire and Install Thermostat
- Properly wire and configure thermostat. Refer to the Installer Guide.
- Refer to the User Manual for programming and maintenance.
NOTE: Wi-Fi works without common (C) wire on most systems; requires common on Heat Pump, Heat Only or Cool Only Systems
Helpful videos can be found at www.braeburnonline.com.
Set-Up for Connection
Before beginning setup you will need to:
- Know your Wi-Fi network name and password
- Have a valid e-mail address
- Get the FREE app
Download the BlueLink Smart Connect® application from the Apple® App Store
Download the BlueLink Smart Connect® application from the Google Play Store
Once connected, you can access the app on a desktop PC by visiting bluelinksmartconnect.com/bluelink.
Login and Register
- Open the BlueLink Smart Connect App. Select REGISTER and enter a valid e-mail address.
- Enter the thermostat serial number. You can locate this number on the back of the thermostat or on the enclosed thermostat registration card. NOTE: If you removed the thermostat to locate the serial number, make sure to reconnect it before selecting ENTER.
- Complete the remaining registration screens. Once you reach the Create Account screen, select REGISTER.
Enter Network Information (works with 2.4 GHz networks only)
- Enter your network name (SSID) and password, select ENTER.
NOTE: The network name and password are case sensitive fields.
The application will now instruct you to put the thermostat into Wi-Fi connect mode.
Complete Setup Process
Follow the Prompts within the App to:
- Enable Wi-Fi on thermostat
- Connect to thermostat
- Complete setup
Adding Additional Thermostats
Once the app is set up and registered, it’s easy to add additional thermostats to your existing account.
- Log into the app
- Select “Update Thermostats”
- Select “Add New”
- Follow the prompts in the app to add additional thermostats.
Changing Your Wi-Fi Settings
First Clear Your Thermostat Wi-Fi Settings
- Press and hold the RETURN button for 4 seconds.
- The display will change showing the first User Option.
- Press RETURN until you see the word WIFI in the display.
- Press the button until WIFI CL appears.
- Press RETURN to exit and clear all Wi-Fi settings.
Then Update Your App Settings
- Open the app and select Update Account.
- Enter your account password.
- Select Wi-Fi Settings.
- Select the thermostat you wish to change.
- Choose WI-FI Network or WI-FI Password and select Enter.
- Update the information and select Enter.
NOTE: To complete setup, follow the instructions in the app.
Record Network Information for Future Reference
Network Name (SSID) ______________________________________________________
Network Password __________________________________________________________
Thermostat Serial Number # _________________________________________________
You may need this information later or if calling for support. Visit www.braeburnonline.com for helpful videos.
Braeburn Systems LLC
2215 Cornell Avenue · Montgomery, IL 60538
844-BLU-LINK (844-258-5465) (U.S.)
630-844-1968 (Outside the U.S.)
©2020 Braeburn Systems LLC · All Rights Reserved.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.