illustration of the appliance
- Kettle body
- Max. Water level
Instruction for use
HOW TO BOIL WATER
Before you start using your Gooseneck, make sure you have all the necessary pieces and that they are put together correctly.
IMPORTANT: Before using your Gooseneck for the first time, wash all parts with warm water.
NOTE: Copper version is not dishwasher safe.
- Make sure the Gooseneck is cold. Open the Lid (1) and fill the Kettle Body (4) with the desired freshwater but only till the maximum water level (5). TIP: We recommend you use fresh, soft water and fill only the desired amount of water do not overfill 1 Liter “Max” Line.
IMPORTANT: Never use the gooseneck with an empty Kettle Body (4). Before using the kettle, check if there is any water leakage.
- Place the Gooseneck on the heat source. The Gooseneck is suitable for use on ceramic, induction, gas, and all electrical stovetops. Use medium and high heat depending on the desired amount of water. Medium and high heat will provide the best results for the majority. Do not over-boil. For safety, it is recommended that the use of oven gloves or cloth when handling. Check the screw regularly and before use, tighten it if necessary.
IMPORTANT: If your source of heat is a gas stove, the flame must not be able to protrude from under the edge of the water container.
WARNING: Lid (1) must remain on the product while boiling and pouring water. Steam may cause injury from the burn.
- Take the Gooseneck from its heat source as soon as the water boils.
NOTE: A humming noise may occur while heating on an IH heater. This is caused by vibrations of the heater and the kettle resonating. This does not mean that the kettle is defective.
WARNING: When hot, only touch the plastic parts of the gooseneck.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Whenever you want to clean the gooseneck, wait until it has cooled off.
- Only use water to clean the device. Never use scouring agents or steel wool as this damages the surface.
- Failure to de-scale may invalidate the guarantee.
- Stop use if the kettle is damaged or leaks.
MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE FOR THE USA & CAN, THE EU, AND CH.
Guarantee: BODUM® AG, Switzerland, guarantees the Kettle for a period of three years from the date of original purchase against faulty materials and malfunctions that can be traced back to defects in design or manufacturing. repairs are carried out free of charge if all guarantee conditions are met. refunds are not available.
Guarantor: BODUM® (Schweiz) AG, Kantonsstrasse 100, Postfach 463, 6234 Triengen.
Guarantee conditions: The guarantee certificate must be completed by the seller at the time of purchase. You must present the guarantee certificate to obtain guarantee services. should your BODUM® product require guarantee service, please contact your BODUM® retailer, a BODUM® store, your country’s BODUM® distributor, or visit www.bodum.com. BODUM® will not provide a warranty for damage resulting from inappropriate use, improper handling, normal wear and tear, inadequate or incorrect maintenance or care, incorrect operation or use of the appliance by unauthorized persons. This Manufacturer Guarantee does not affect your statutory rights under applicable national laws in force, nor your right against the dealer arising from their sales/purchase contract.
ENVIRONMENTALLY ACCEPTABLE DISPOSAL
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed of with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmentally safe recycling.
BODUM® AG, CH-6234 Triengen, BODUM® is a registered trademark of Pi-Design AG, Switzerland.www.bodum.com
BISTRO Gooseneck Kettle
Instruction for use