MR500UAB MP3-Compatible Digital Media AM/FM Receiver
Overview of the Components
- (pause/play), Preset station 1 button
- INT (intro), Preset station 2 button
- IR remote sensor
- VOL(volume) knob, SEL(select/menu) button
- LCD Display
- BAND button (automatic store station, automatic music search) button
- -OFF(power on/off) / SRC(source) button
- RDM (random), Preset station 4 button
- RPT (repeat), Preset station 3 button
- -10(previous 10 tracks), DIR- (previous folder), Preset station 5 button
- +10(next 10 tracks), DIR+(next folder), Preset station 6 button
- CLOCK(Clock display, Clock setting) button
- MUTE button
- Hands-free Microphone
- Reset button
- (Push-To-Talk) button
- (Answer Call / End Call) button
- (tune/seek down, previous track, fast reverse) button
- (tune/ seek up, next track, fast forward) button
- USB Port
Turn Unit on/off, Change the Source
- Press the OFF/SRC button to turun on the unit. Press and hold the OFF/ SRC button to turn off the unit.
- Press the OFF/SRC button to select the different modes: Radio, USB(with USB device inserted) and BT(Bluetooth) modes.
Adjust the volume (VOL)
Rotate the VOL knob to increase or decrease the volume level.
First complete the electrical connections and then check for correctness of connection.
This unit can be installed in any dashboard which has an opening as shown below.
Insert the mounting sleeve into the dashboard. Then bend the tabs on the mounting sleeve with a screwdriver to achieve fastening of the mounting sleeve. Make sure that lock lever is flush with the mounting sleeve( not projecting outward).
Press the icon button (VOL knob) to access to smartphone voice assistant capability via Bluetooth.
Adjust Menu Options (SEL)
- Press and hold the SEL button (volume knob) to enter into setting menu,
then press the SEL button (volume knob) repeatedly to select setting items:
– ILL MID/HI/LOW: This receiver is equipped with 3 brightness settings. Rotate the volume knob to preset the illumination to middle, high or low.
– BASS/TREBLE:-7, -6, ~, 1, 0, +1,~, +6, +7
Note: BASS and TREBLE settings are only enabled when EQ setting is turned OFF.
– BALANCE:L7, L6,~, L1, 0, R1,~,R6, R7 – FADER:R7, R6, ~, R1, 0, F1, ~ ,F6, F7 – Loudness: LOUD ON/OFF
– EQ(Equalizer) Setting: OFF, FLAT, CLASSIC, POP, ROCK, JAZZ
– Stereo/Mono: Switches between MONO and STEREO reception mode for radio frequencies.
– DX/LOCAL: Enables or disables the local broadcast mode (LOCAL).
– CLOCK 12/24: Select between 12 hours and 24 hours display.
– AREA US/EU: This car radio is equipped the USA / Europe frequency.
Rotate the volume knob to switch between USA and Europe frequency. The system will change the frequency setting in about 3 seconds.
- Rotate the VOL knob to change values.
Clock display, Clock setting
Press the CLOCK button to display time. Press and hold the CLOCK button, the hours digits start flashing on the display. Set hours by rotating the VOL knob. Briefly press the CLOCK button, the minute digits start flashing. Set minutes by rotating the VOL knob.
Press the MUTE button to toggle mute on or off.
Connect to a USB storage device for audio play, or charging of a mobile phone.
To receive your voice when you calling by using this Bluetooth hands free system.
Aux Audio Input Jack
Connect to the headphone jack on an external device (e.g. a mobile phone or MP3 player) for audio play.
Connect all wiring harness and slide the head unit into the mounting sleeve until it clicks into place.
– +12V DC Negative Ground.
– Only support speakers of 4 ohms or above.
– The maximum current of the Amp remote trigger is 200mA.
Reset Push the RESET button with a thin object with a pointed end to reset the unit. This function may be used when the LCD does not display normally or sound is distorted, or when any of controls are disabled.
Switch Between USA area and Europe area Frequency In radio mode, press and hold the SEL button (volume knob) to enter into setting menu, then press the SEL button (volume knob) repeatedly to access the state of the USA and Europe frequency, then rotate the volume knob to switch between USA and europe frequency. The system will change the frequency setting in about 3 seconds.
Change Bands In radio mode, shortly press the BAND button to switch between the FM1 (F1), FM2(F2), FM3(F3) and AM1(A1), AM2(A2) bands.
To Store / Recall Preset Stations The radio can be stored 6 preset stations for each band (FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1 and AM2) for a total of 30 preset stations. – To memorize a station: Press and hold the desired preset buttons (1-6) to save a radio station. – To recall a preset station: Briefly press the respective station button (1-6) to recall the corresponding preset station.
Manual Tuning In the radio mode: Press and hold the or button to enter the manual tuning mode. In manual tuning mode, briefly press the or button to search the next or previous frequency step by step.
Seek Tuning In radio mode, press the or button, the automatic search will start, it will search upward or downward for the strong signal radio station within the current band. The auto searching will stop until find a station.
Automatic Store Station / preset station scan Press and hold the button to store 18 FM stations and 12 AM stations automatically.
Play MP3/WMA music inside a USB stick. Insert the USB stick with MP3 /WMA musics into the USB port, it will play automatically.
Note: the USB port also supports charging mobile phone, the maximum charging ability is 5V/1A.
Select Next Track or Previous Track In the USB mode, briefly press the or previou track.
button to play the the next or
Fast Forward/Reverse Press and hold the or
button to fast forward or reverse a track.
Play / Pause Press the button to interrupt the playback of a music (pause function). Press this button again to continue the playback.
Introduction Scan Press the INT button to play the first 10 seconds of each track. Press again to stop the introduction scan, and play the current track.
Repeating the track Press the RPT button to toggle between RPT ONE (Continuously repeat current track) and RPT FOD (Continuously repeat all tracks in current folder), RPT ALL (Play all track).
Playing all tracks in random Press RDM once, play all tracks randomly. Press RDM once again, exit from random playback.
Track/Folder Navigation – Press the -10/+10buttons to jump 10 tracks backward or forward. It is required that over 10 tracks be available on the storage medium. – Press and hold the -10/+10 button to select the previous or the next folder. (If there are folders on the storage medium.)
Select the track or file for playback in MP3 format a) Press and hold the button to enter track search mode. b) Rotate the volume knob to select the number of your favorite track with high speed. c) When the desired track number appears, confirm your selection by pressing the VOL knob.
Pair and Connect Pair the mobile phone with the device before using it.
- In any mode, prior to pairing and connecting, the BT logo is flashing in the LCD indicating that no device is connected. To begin pairing, enable BT mode on your mobile phone.
- When the phone finds the car audio system, “BOSS AUDIO MR500UAB” name will be displayed.
- Choose the “BOSS AUDIO MR500UAB” from the device list to pair and connect with the car audio system. Upon confirming, the BT logo will stop flashing.
- When pairing is complete, the mobile phone audio will automatically transfer to the car audio system whenever a call is made or received, or when the mobile phone plays music.
Disconnect or reconnect the bluetooth connection Press and hold the button to disconnect or reconnect the bluetooth connection.
Answer a Call
- When the mobile phone is called, the incoming telephone number displays on the LCD.
- To receive the call, press the button on the front panel.
Reject or End a Call To reject or end the call, press the button.
Redial Last Dialed Number Press the button to redial the last dialed phone number.
Switch Audio Between Car Audio and mobile Phone During a call, press the VOL knob/button to switch the audio source from the car audio system back to your mobile phone.
To make a call with this bluetooth handsfree system:
a) When linking up the Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to this bluetooth handsfree system, press the # button on remote control to access the dial telephone number mode, then press the “0~9”, * and # button on remote control to input the telephone number, and the entered number will be shown on the LCD display.
b) If a number has been incorrectly inputted, press the DEL button on the remote control to delete it.
c) Press the button to make outgoing call.
Audio Streaming (A2DP) The unit supports A2DP (advanced audio distribution profile) wireless streaming audio from your Bluetooth mobile device directly to your head unit. You can also control your music from the front panel of the head unit using AVRCP (audio video remote control profile).
- After pairing, connecting and enabling streaming audio from a compatible mobile device, press the SRC button to enter BT mode and the “BT AUDIO” will be shown on the LCD display.
- When a mobile device is paired, music played through that device will automatically be heard through the car audio system.
- Press the or button to play the next or previous on the mobile phone.
- Press the button to pause or resume music playback.
Push-To-Talk This Push-To-Talk feature allows direct access to Android and IOS smartphones voice assistant capability when user establish the bluetooth connection between user’s smartphone and this receiver. Simply connect directly from this receiver via Bluetooth with button (VOL knob).
Note: Before using the Push-To-Talk, user must enable the mobile data on user’s smartphone. To use the navigation feature, switch to the BT Audio source to hear voice commands over your vehicles speakers.
- (Power on/off) button
- VOL+/VOL-(volume increase/decrease) button
- Band button, (answer call) button
- PREV: tune down, seek down;
Track down, fast reverse
- SEL(selection) button
- NEXT: tune up, seek up; Track up, fast forward
- Mute button, DEL(Delete) button
- CLK(clock setting) button, (end call) button
- button, preset station 1 button, keypad 1
- INT(intro) button, preset station 2 button, keypad 2
- RPT(repeat) button, preset station 3 button, 19 keypad 3
- RDM(random), preset station 4 button, keypad 4
- -10(previous 10 tracks), preset station 5 button, keypad 5
- +10(next 10 tracks), preset station 6 button, keypad 6
- ST(stereo) button, keypad 7
- LOUD(loudness) button, keypad 8
- AMS(automatic music search) button, keypad 9
- SRC(Source) button, keypad *
- EQ(Equalizer) button, keypad 0
- LOC(local)/DX button, keypad #
Note: When using the remote control for the first time, you must pull out the portective plastic tab from the battery compartment found on the back of the remote control.
General Power supply Requirement : DC 12V
Maximum power output : 50W X 4CH
Speaker impedance : 4 – 8 Ohm
Unit Dimensions(WxHxD) : 7.0 X 2.0 X 2.76 inches
Weight : 0.84 lbs
Fuse : 10 A
FM Frequency Range: 87.5 MHz – 107.9 MHz (USA) – 87.5 MHz – 108.0 MHz (EUROPE)
Channel step: 200 KHz (USA) – 50 KHz (EUROPE)
AM Frequency Range: 530 KHz – 1710 KHz (USA) 522-1620 KHz (EUROPE)
Channel step: 10 KHz (USA) 9 KHz (EUROPE)
USB Usable Audio Formats: MP3/WMA
USB Port Type: 2.0
USB Charging: 5V/1A
Pre-amp Output: Front and Rear
Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20KHz
S/N Ratio: 60dB
BT Profile supports: Headset, Handsfree and A2DP & AVRCP
Range of frequency: 2.4GHz
Boss Audio System
3451 Lunar Court – Oxnard, CA 93030
805-751-4853 Customer Service
Tech Support: www.bossaudio.com/support