BRESSER 4959040 HD Moon & Planetary Digital Camera
Visit our website via the following QR Code or web link to find further information on this product or the available translations of these instructions.
For any warranty claims or service inquiries, please refer to the information on “Warranty” and “Ser-vice” in this documentation. We ask for your understanding that unsolicited returns cannot be processed.
Errors and technical changes excepted.
© 2021 Bresser GmbH
All rights reserved.
The reproduction of this documentation – even in extracts – in any form (e.g. photocopy, print, etc.) as well as the use and distribution by means of electronic systems (e.g. image file, website, etc.) without the prior written permission of the manufacturer is prohibited.
The designations and brand names of the respective companies used in this documentation are gen-erally protected by trade, trademark and/or patent law in Germany, the European Union and/or other countries.
This documentation is valid for the products with the following article numbers:
Manual version: 1021
Always provide information when requesting service.
About this Instruction Manual
Keep this instruction manual in a safe place for future reference. When the device is sold or given to someone else, the instruction manual must be provided to the new owner/user of the product.
- This device is not intended for use by persons (including children) with impaired physical, sensory or mental abilities, or for lack of experience and/or knowledge unless they are supervised by or have received instructions from a person responsible for their safety on how to use this device.
- This device is for personal use only.
- The device was developed as an electronic accessory and may only be used to connect and operate the devices for private use described in this manual.
General safety instructions
Improper use of this product may result in suffocation, especially for children. It is therefore imperative that you observe the following safety information.
- Keep packaging materials (plastic bags, rubber bands, etc.) away from children! There is a danger of choking!
- Keep cables, tapes and similar materials away from children! They could accidentally strangle and suffocate themselves with them!
Danger of material damage!
Improper handling may result in damage to the unit and/or accessories. Therefore, use the device only in accordance with the following safety information.
- Do not disassemble the device! In the event of a defect, please contact your dealer. They will contact the Service Center and can arrange the return of this device for repair if necessary.
- Check this device, cables and connections for damage before use.
- Never attempt to operate a damaged device, or a device with damaged electrical parts! Damaged parts must be replaced immediately by an authorized service agent.
- For the normal operation as intended, only use the supplied cables and connect them as described in the manual.
Danger of data loss!
Do not interrupt an on-going data connection to a computer before all data has been transferred. This could lead to data loss for which the manufacturer is not liable.
Respect the privacy of your fellow human beings – do not look into flats with this device, for example!
Mounting the camera as an autoguider and scope of delivery
Illustration 1: Mounting the Full HD Deep-Sky Camera as Autoguider
- Full HD Deep-Sky Camera
- ST4 connecting cable
- USB connecting cable
- Guiding scope
- ST4-capable mount
- Control panel of the mount
- ST4 socket on control panel
- Recording device1 (e.g. single lens reflex camera or another deep sky camera)
- USB 2.0 socket on the camera 12 USB 2.0 socket on the camera
Additional accessories may be required for mounting a recording device
- Camera (A),
- ST4 connection cable (B),
- USB connection cable (C),
- C-mount adapter,
- software CD
Also required (not included):
- Computer with Windows 10 operating system,
- Autoguider software
NOTICE! This is not a stand-alone camera. A computer running the Windows 10 operating sys-tem is required for both photography and autoguiding.
The following software packages, among others, can be used for autoguiding with this camera:
PHD-Guiding, GuideDog, Metaguide, Guidemaster (free of charge) or AstroArt, MaxIm DL (fee re-quired)
DOWNLOAD PHD-Guiding: https://openphdguiding.org
DOWNLOAD GuideDog: http://barkosoftware.com/GuideDog
Cleaning and maintenance
- Before cleaning the device, disconnect it from the power supply (remove plug or remove batteries)!
- Only clean the device externally using a dry cloth. Do not use cleaning solution to prevent damage to the electronic parts.
EC declaration of conformity
KCA Declaration of Conformity
Bresser GmbH has issued a “Declaration of Conformity” in accordance with applicable guidelines and corresponding standards. The full text of the UKCA declaration of conform-ity is available at the following internet address: www.bresser.de/download/4959040/UKCA/4959040_UKCA.pdf
Bresser UK Ltd. • Suite 3G, Eden House, Enterprise Way, Edenbridge, Kent TN8 6HF, Great Britain
The regular guarantee period is 2 years and begins on the day of purchase. To benefit from an extended voluntary guarantee period as stated on the gift box, registration on our website is required.
You can consult the full guarantee terms as well as information on extending the guarantee period and details of our services at www.bresser.de/warranty_terms.
Bresser GmbH Gutenbergstraße 2 46414 Rhede · Germany