BRESSER 7009973 Pool/Spa Water Temperature Sensor
About this Instruction Manual
These operating instructions are to be considered a component of the device. Please read the safety instructions and the operating instructions carefully before use. Keep these instructions for renewed use at a later date. When the device is sold or given to someone else, the instruction manual must be provided to the new owner/user of the product.
- Risk of electric shock — This device contains electronic components that operate via a power source (batteries). Children should only use the device under adult supervision. Only use the device as described in the manual; otherwise, you run the risk of an electric shock.
- Choking hazard — Children should only use the device under adult supervision. Keep packaging material, like plastic bags and rubber bands, out of the reach of children, as these materials pose a choking hazard.
- Risk of chemical burn — Keep batteries out of the reach of children! Make sure you insert the batteries correctly. Leaking battery acid can lead to chemical burns. Avoid contact of battery acid with skin, eyes and mucous membranes. In the event of contact, rinse the aﬀ ected region immediately with plenty of water and seek medical attention.
- Risk of ﬁ re/explosion — Do not expose the device to high temperatures. Use only the recommended batteries. Do not short-circuit the device or batteries, or throw them into a ﬁ re. Excessive heat or improper handling could trigger a short-circuit, a ﬁ re, or an explosion.
- Do not disassemble the device. In the event of a defect, please contact your dealer. The dealer will contact the Service Centre and can send the device in to be repaired, if necessary.
- Use only the recommended batteries. Always replace weak or empty batteries with a new, complete set of batteries at full capacity. Do not use batteries from diﬀ event brands or with diﬀ event capacities. The batteries should be removed from the unit if it has not been used for a long time.
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
Sensor, Operating instructions.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- We recommend using alkaline batteries. If temperatures regularly fall below 0°C (32°F), we recommend using lithium batteries.
- Avoid using rechargeable batteries. (Rechargeable batteries cannot maintain correct power requirements.)
- Insert batteries before ﬁ first use, matching the polarity in the battery compartment. 2x AA Batteries are required.
- EC Declaration of Conformity
- Hereby, Bresser GmbH declares that the equipment type with part number: 7009973 is in compliance with Directive: 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address:
UKCA Declaration of Conformity
Bresser UK Ltd. has issued a „Declaration of Conformity“ in accordance with applicable guidelines and corresponding standards. The full text of the UKCA declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.bresser.de/download/7709973/UKCA/7009973_UKCA.pdf
Bresser UK Ltd. • Suite 3G, Eden House, Enterprise Way, Edenbridge, Kent TN8 6Hf, Great Britain
NOTES ON CLEANING
- Remove the batteries before cleaning.
- Only use a dry cloth to clean the exterior of the device. To avoid damaging the electronics, do not use any cleaning ﬂ uid.
- Protect the device from dust and moisture.
WARRANTY & SERVICE
The regular guarantee period is 5 years and begins on the day of purchase. You can consult the full guarantee terms as well as details of our services at www.bresser.de/warranty_terms. Would you like detailed instructions for this product in a particular language? Then visit our website via the link below (QR code) for available versions. Alternatively, you can also send an email to [email protected] bresser.de or leave a message on +49 (0) 28 72 – 80 74-220*. Please always state your name, precise address, a valid phone number, and email address, as well as the article number and name. Number charged at local rates in Germany (the amount you will be charged per phone call will depend on the tariﬀ of your phone provider); calls from abroad will involve higher costs.
WIRELESS THERMO POOL SENSOR
[ °C /°F ] key[ CHANNEL ] slide switchAssign the sensor to channel 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7.
Battery compartmentAccommodates 2 x AA size batteries.
[ RESET ] key
Top case lock indicator
- Do not twist the sensor cable and keep it straight.
- Once the channel is assigned to a Wireless Thermo sensor, you can only change it by removing the batteries or resetting the unit.
- After replacing the batteries of the wireless sensor or the unit fails to receive the wireless sensor signal of a speciﬁ ed channel, press [ SENSOR ] key on the console unit to manually receive the sensor signal again.
LCD DISPLAY ON THE SENSOR
Once the sensor power-up, you can ﬁ nd the following information that shows on the sensor’s LCD display.
- Current channel of the sensor (e.g. switch to channel “6”)
- Low battery indicator
- Current Temperature reading
WIRELESS SENSOR SIGNAL RECEIVING (DISPLAY CONSOLE)
This pool sensor can support the diﬀ event 7CH console, user can base on the following step to set up the display console.
- 1. In normal mode, press the console [ SENSOR ] key once to start receiving the sensor signal of current on displaying channel. The signal icon will ﬂ ash. For example, when CH 6 is displayed, pressing the [ SENSOR ] key will start receiving for CH 6 only.
- The signal icon will ﬂ ash until the reception succeeded. If no signal is received within 5 minutes the icon will disappear.
- If the signal for Ch 1~7 has discontinued and does not recover within 15 minutes, the temperature and humidity will display “Er” for the corresponding channel.
- If the signal does not recover within 48 hours, the “Er” display will become permanent. You need to replace the batteries of the “Er” channel’s sensors and then press the [ SENSOR ] key to pair up with the sensors per each “Er” channel again.
The operation or signal icons of diﬀ event display consoles may be diﬀ event, please refer to the user manual of your display console for more detail.
Place the sensor in the pool within 30 meters (100 feet) of the display console and avoid the sidewall of the pool blocking the sensor signal.
LOW BATTERY ICON
If the sensor is low in battery, the low battery icon “ ” will display on the LCD of the sensor and display console.
On the display console, the low battery icon will only appear when the corresponding channel is displaying.
PRECAUTIONS WHEN OPENING AND CLOSING THE SENSOR CASING
Read and keep these instructions.
Do not subject the unit to excessive force, shock, dust, temperature, or humidity.
Do not cover the ventilation holes with any items such as newspapers, curtains, etc.
Technical speciﬁ cations and user manual contents for this product are subject to change without notice.
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||100 x 207.5 x 100 mm|
|Main power||2 x AA size 1.5V batteries (Alkaline battery recommended)|
|Operating temperature range||-5°C ~ 60°C ( -23°F ~ 140°F ) do not recommend under freeze condition|
|RF frequency||868Mhz (EU, UK)|
|RF Transmission interval||60 seconds|
|RF transmission range||Up to 30 m (100 feet) line of sight|
Dispose of the packaging materials properly, according to their types, such as paper or cardboard. Contact your local waste disposal service or environmental authority for information on the proper disposal.
Do not dispose of electronic devices in the household garbage! As per the Directive 2002/96/EC of the European Parliament on waste electrical and electronic equipment and its adaptation into German law, used electronic devices must be collected separately and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
In accordance with the regulations concerning batteries and rechargeable batteries, disposing of them in normal household waste is explicitly forbidden. Please make sure to dispose of your used batteries as required by law — at a local collection point or in the retail market. Disposal in domestic waste violates the Battery Directive. Batteries that contain toxins are marked with a sign and a chemical symbol.
- battery contains cadmium
- battery contains mercury
- battery contains lead