ButtKicher BK-Kit-4 Wireless Home Theater Kit
Attach the ButtKicker® Advance to the CMAK mounting plate
- Place the ButtKicker® Advance on the CMAK mounting plate on the side opposite the rubber feet.
- Insert the carriage bolts up through the square holes and secure them in place with the star washers and acorn nuts using the supplied wrench to make sure the bolts are tight.
- Connect the supplied speaker wire to the red and black speaker terminals on the ButtKicker® Advance unit.
Position the CMAK mounting plate under your furniture
- If possible, put the CMAK mounting plate under a leg at the center of the furniture. If there isn™t a leg at the center, place it under one of the corner legs.
- Sometimes, there is room to hide the ButtKicker® Advance on the inside of the furniture. You may need to pull back the dust cover to provide access to the inside of the furniture.
- It is very important that the other legs of the furniture are supported using the supplied rubber isolators. If possible, these should be screwed into the legs using the supplied wood screws. However, if needed, they can simply be placed under the other legs of the furniture.
Set up the Power Amplifier BKA300-4
- Using the banana plugs, connect the speaker wire from the ButtKicker® Advance to the output terminal on the amplifier.
- Plug one end of the RCA audio cable into the subwoofer output of your A/V processor and the other end into the RCA fiInfl on the back of the RF Transmitter.
- Connect the AC adapter into the back of the RF Transmitter and plug into an electrical outlet.
- Plug the RF Receiver unit into the flRF Receiverfl input on the back of the BKA300-4 Power Amplifier. The green light on the side of the RF Receiver indicates that the unit is powered on.
- Turn on the rest of your home theater; play a movie or music track with some deep low frequency material at normal listening volumes.
- Next slowly increase the Intensity of the BKA300-4 Power Amplifier using the Remote Control or front panel controls until your desired level of intensity for the ButtKicker® Advance is reached.
- Invite your friends and family to watch a movie or listen to music and ENJOY!
- Q. What are the three fiPreset EQfl buttons on the Remote Control for?
A. Movie setting: Frequency response is flat with no filtering or cutoffs. fiMusicfl setting: Set to +6dB increase of frequencies below 25 Hz with a frequency roll off of -12dB per octave above 100 Hz. Game setting: Set to -6dB reduction of frequencies below 25 Hz with a frequency roll off of -12dB per octave above 100 Hz.
- Q. When using the ButtKicker® Power Amplifier BKA300-4 without the wireless option, I get a “buzz” or “hum” from my speakers now. It’s always there, even if the sound is turned all the way down. What’s my problem?
A. Your home theater system has developed a “Ground Loop” which is caused by having morethan one ground connection in the system. Most likely, your cable TV combined with the ground of the ButtKicker® Power Amplifier BKA300-4 power cord is causing interference in the audio system. In fact, any other electronic device with a grounded power plug might cause the problem as well. You can eliminate the problem in your system by adding a “Ground Loop Isolator”, available at numerous places, such as Radio Shack (item #270-054). Plug one end of the ground loop isolator into the RCA input on the back of the ButtKicker® Power Amplifier BKA300-4 and then plug the RCA cable coming from your A/V processor into the other end of the ground loop isolator.
- Q. I have the ButtKicker® Power Amplifier BKA300-4 turned up all the way, but I want even more intensity. How do I do this?
A. Most A/V processors have an option to increase the output from the subwoofer channel. Turn up this output to get more audio signal to the ButtKicker® Power Amplifier BKA300-4. This may require you to turn down the volume of your subwoofer so that it is balanced with the rest of the system.
- Q My floor is carpeted. Do I really need to use the rubber isolators?
A. Yes! The isolators will support and level your furniture; they will maximize the effect of the ButtKicker® Advance; and they will make sure that the effect is contained within the furniture.