ButtKicker BK-MINI-LFE Mini Transducer
- One ButtKicker mini LFE
The ButtKicker mini LFE is a small, linear motor, which reacts to an audio signal sent by an amplifier. It is similar to a loudspeaker, but instead of moving a speaker cone and transferring sound waves through the air, it attaches to seats and floors and sends low-frequency sound directly into the listener’s body. This is called tactile sound. The advantage of tactile sound versus traditional airborne low frequency is that the volume of the system can be dramatically lowered without sacrificing impact or tone perception. The effect is amazing. The ButtKicker mini LFE produces no audible sound, and is designed to be used WITH speakers, subwoofers, or headphones.
Mounting and Placement for Theater Seating
- The ButtKicker mini LFE should be mounted to the frame of the seat with the mounting hole screws passing vertically through the holes and the mounting slot screws passing horizontally through the slots.
- ¼” diameter x ¾”-1” screws should be used for all installations. Use sheet metal screws for metallic surfaces, wood screws for wooden surfaces.
- The ButtKicker mini LFE should be attached to all 3 screw holes in the feet. This is the preferred mounting method.
- If the 3 screw holes do not all contact the frame, the mounting slots can be used in conjunction with the mounting holes to fasten the ButtKicker securely to the seat frame.
- The slots on the side can be used to mount the ButtKicker mini LFE to vertical support or brace if there is not frame space available for any of the vertical mounting holes. For installations using only the slots (not in conjunction with the vertical mounting holes), there should be a screw at the top and bottom of each slot.
- It is important to tighten the ButtKicker mini LFE firmly, but not to strip the screw holes. It is recommended to use a hand screw driver for the last few threads of your mounting screws!
Connecting to an Amplifier
- The ButtKicker mini LFE requires a 4-ohm stable amplifier, up to 250 watts. Most amps are 4-ohm stable on each channel. Check your amplifier specifications for details.
- The ButtKicker connects like a speaker. Connect 14-18 gauge speaker wire from your amplifier to the bare wire pigtail on the ButtKicker. Wire nuts wil help to make this connection.
- When possible, use cable ties or Velcro® and secure any loose wires to prevent strain on the wire nut connection and any wire rattles.
- The ButtKicker operates on low-frequency audio signals, just like a subwoofer. A “Y” adaptor can be inserted to the subwoofer or LFE output on your surround processor to allow use of subwoofers and ButtKickers in harmony.
- If there is not a subwoofer or LFE output, low-frequency signals can usually be found in the L/R stereo outputs. Insert the “Y” adaptor in front of the L (white) RCA output.
- Adjust the balance between the ButtKicker and the rest of your system as desired.
- When shaking furniture using the ButtKicker mini, it is ALWAYS important to use rubber isolators to separate the furniture from the floor. This will allow the ButtKicker mini to shake only the furniture, not the floor. Carpet padding is not sufficient isolation.
- The ButtKicker mini is designed to shake small platforms and individual seats. Larger ButtKicker models are available to shake larger platforms or multiple seats.
Please visit www.thebuttkicker.com for further information regarding the ButtKicker mini LFE and other ButtKicker products.
- 5 – 350 Hz frequency response
- 4 Ohm impedance
- 50 watt minimum / 250 watt maximum
Please DO NOT contact the store where you purchased this product for support. Contact: The Guitammer Company Inc. 1-888-676-2828, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST
Email us at: [email protected]
Visit us online at: www.thebuttkicker.com
This Guitammer Company product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original end-user. Items returned for repair under warranty will be repaired or replaced at the sole discretion of The Guitammer Company without charge for materials or labor, providing such items are returned for inspection, transportation prepaid, to The Guitammer Company or an authorized service center all repaired or replaced items will be returned freight collect. Warranties do not apply to products that have been subjected to abuse, accident, modifications, improper handling or installation, or repairs made by anyone other than The Guitammer Company or an authorized service center. The Guitammer Company shall be the final authority in the determination of all warranty service claims.