Cajun Kooling Evaporative Air Cooler User Guide
Important Safety Instructions
READ AND SAVE THESE IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS UNIT
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, BASIC PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRICAL SHOCK AND INJUURY TO PERSONS, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- The unit should always be placed on a firm level and flat surface, and at least 6-10 inches away from the
- The unit should not be used in a small, enclosed room while using the COOLING function without proper ventilation for long periods of The air could become saturated and leave condensation on the walls. Leave a door/window partially open when used indoors.
- Before using the unit, check the cord for any signs of damage. DO NOT use the unit if the cord has been damaged. Plug into 120volt, 15amp, 60Hz circuit to avoid fire or shock hazards, CK3000-S cannot be connected to GFCI outlet .
- The appliance should be unplugged and emptied when not being used for long periods of Shut off and unplug the unit before moving. DO NOT tilt while the unit is in operation. Plug and unplug with dry hands, and never unplug by tugging on cord.
- The COOLING (snowflake) feature will only operate when water is in the Otherwise, the unit will run as a FAN only. First, fill with water. Then plug in, and then turn on your unit. The cooling will automatically begin and you will see a snowflake light up on the panel. If there is no water in the unit, the cooling will automatically shut off and a the snowflake will keep peeping, indicating that it needs more water. If there is no water, it will not harm the motor and will work properly as a regular fan. This is a safety feature.
- This unit requires some maintenance; refer to cleaning instructions for
- This unit is designed for outdoors in high humid states. It can be used indoors in open spaces for short periods of There is no compressor in the unit and will not act as an air conditioner. It is not recommended as a daily household cooling unit, because of the moisture production in small areas can be harmful.
- Do not insert any object inside the unit without proper Only water should be added. Refer to cleaning instructions for details.
- Do not attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions without consulting Cajun Kooling Support Doing so will void the warranty.
- If you plan to not use the unit for long periods of time, drain out all of the water from the reservoir to ensure lifelong Then turn the unit on and run as the FAN function only, for approx. 30 mins. This ensures that the inside of the unit will be completely dry before storing.
- Ice may be added from the front flap or side opening for extra cooling
Please call Cajun Kooling Support before altering or replacing any parts. Some parts may not need full replacement and can be serviced by a technician. 1-844-819-3557
|Cannot turn on the unit||1. The power supply is not connected
2. ON/OFF button does not work
3. Fuse shortage
4. Voltage is too low
|1. Check the power supply
2. Replace the control panel
3. Check the phase wire (spare fuse available in the box)
4. Check the voltage supply
|The fuse shorts often||1. The water pump has shut off
3. Motor of the “swing” function is broken
4. Power strip is too strong or too weak
|1. Replace the water pump
3. Replace the motor for the “swing”
4. Use a proper outlet for machine
|Water Leakage from external parts or spitting water||1. The machine is not well balanced
2. Water reservoir is leaking
3. Drain is leaking
4. Water level inlet is leaking
5. Water level is too high
6. Internal pipes for distribution is broken or moved
7. Cooling pads dirty
8. Side opening is not fully closed.
9. spitting water
|1. Place on a balanced surface and give time for excess water to dry up
2. Check for any holes or cracks on the tank
3. Seal the drain properly and do not over tighten
4. Check for cracks or damages of the water inlet flap
5. Drain some water and do not fill past High and check that the internal float is properly positioned
6. Open unit from the back and check the pipes for any leaks and disconnections
7. Remove and properly clean the cooling pads
8. Tuck the side opening under and into the bracket
9. foam product been used clean the cooling pads
|Making noise||1. Fan blades are dirty, warped, or broken
2. Replace the motor
3. Build-up is blocking the airflow
4. Water was filled too high and reached the fan blades
|1. Replace the fan blade
2. Replace the motor
3. Clean the unit from the inside out and all of the cooling pads and screens
4. Drain some water and allow for drying
|No wind supply or the airflow is too low||1. Cooling pads or screens are clogged
2. Control panel is broken
3. Remote control is broken
4. Fan is not turning on
5. Shortage in the phase wire
6. Outlet is too weak for amperage
|1. Clean or replace the cooling pads or screens
2. Replace the control panel
3. Check batteries or replace the remote
4. Check the motor from inside of the unit
5. Check the phase wire
6. Plug unit into a proper plug with more voltage
|No Cooling||1. Shortage of water in the reservoir
2. Water pump broken
3. “Cooling” button on the panel is broken or turned off
4. Remote control broken
5. pump sensor
|1. Add water to reservoir and make sure “snowflake” stays lit up on control panel
2. Repair the water pump
3. Check the panel and/or replace
4. Check the batteries or replace remote
5. Check the pump sensor if its floating
|Water reservoir or
screens have white
|1. Mineral substance in the water is
|1. Clean more frequently|
|build up||2. Improper chemicals were added||2. Do not add any chemical to the water or to the unit|
|to the unit|
How It Works:
This unit is a portable fan, as wells an evaporative air cooler. When using the cooling function, the water inside the unit will be pumped throughout pipes inside and will be dispersed onto the cooling pads. The motion of the fan will drag air into the air intake areas, which will then pass through the cooling pads. The movement of the wind over the moisture will evaporate and create naturally cool and comfortable air. No mist will be produced. After approx. 8-12 hours, the water reservoir will be completely evaporated into the air and will need to be refilled.
|3.||side cooling pad|
|5.||swing motor support|
|8.||control panel box|
|10.||electrical control board|
|14.||manual water inlet|
|20.||side cooling pad support|
|21.||side cooling pad|
|24.||cooling pad support|
|27.||back panel (air intake|
- “” ON/OFF
- “” “ “”
- “” “” “”
- “” Cooling mode
- “” Fan mode
- “” Non functional for this model
- “” Auto Swing mode
Electrical Wiring Diagram
Installing The Unit:
This CAJUN KOOLING the CK3000-S unit is factory tested and ready to use. make sure the unit is placed on flat level surface and the front casters are locked to prevent inadvertent movement, please follow the instruction below
- Stand your box up and remove the box from the unit by lifting it over the Make sure that all parts are intact and correctly assembled.
- . You may begin filling water through the water inlet flap using regular tap There is a water level in the front of your unit, located on the reservoir. Be sure not to fill past the “H”, HIGH, level. You will not see the water until it reaches half of the tank on “L”, low, but this level may not need to be reached for your preference. Filling at half of the tank will last at least 4 hours of run time.
- . Plug in the power cord to a safe outlet, and begin using your fan by pressing the Power Choose your suitable speed for your unit and begin enjoying.
- ON/OFF TOUCH SCREEN LOCK
- AUTO WIND MODE
- COOLING MODE/ WATER PUMP ON/OFF
- WIND SPEED ADJUSTMENT
- LCD DISPLAY SCREEN
- TOUCH SCREEN LOCK
- OSCULATION (SWING) MODE
- MACHINE SHUT DOWN TIMER
- REMOTE CONTROL SIGNAL
Cleaning and Maintenance
- The Drying Process: For longer lifetime of your evaporation air cooler, after using the unit, it is recommended to TURN OFF the cooling function (snowflake button) and run the unit as a FAN only for approximately 30 mins. This helps to dry out the cooling pads and avoid mildew. The remaining water can be kept in the reservoir for 3 more days, but should be changed at least once a week. If storing for longer than one week, drain the water from the reservoir using the drain valve at the bottom of the unit, and then complete the drying
- For the Automatic Drying: the timer can be used as a convenience for you to dry your unit without having to occupy it. Simply turn the snowflake button OFF, keep the fan running, press the timer button on for one hour, and the fan will dry and shut down itself after one
- The reservoir can handle 2oz. of bleach in at least 32-gallons of water to refresh the interior. DO NOT put any other cleaning or foaming products into the machine, because it will foam up the water and over flow your Do not do this more than once a week.
- The black screens protecting your cooling pads will collect dust and should be checked at least once a week when using Pull them out and simply hose them off or wipe down with a wet rag and re-insert. To avoid build up, DO NOT put chemicals on the screens. The screens should be transparent and you should be able to see completely through them after they have been cleaned. This ensures complete air intake.
- Cleaning the cooling pads: make sure the cooling pads are dry and the machine is Use a screwdriver to remove the back panel of the unit and the cooling pads can easily slide in and out. Rinse softly with a hose through one side only on low pressure and do not use any chemicals. At an angle, you should be able to see light though the holes once it has been fully cleaned. Re-insert the pads gently and put the back panel back into place and put the screws back into place.
The following is important information regarding your warranty. Please read before opening and operating your unit.
Welcome to your new evaporation air cooler. After purchasing this product, please fill out the form below, and mail it to the Cajun Kooling. address within 14 days of purchase. This will ensure you a 2-year warranty on all mechanical parts not including labor. Please check items upon opening and examine for any possible damage, in order to validate your warranty. Please cut on dotted line and mail into the Cajun Kooling address. Your mailed in warranty will be validated according to the date on our copy of your receipt from purchase.
Cajun Kooling LA LLC.
112 Thruway Park
Broussard, LA 70518
Model Type: (Circle One)
-CK4500-S -CK4700 -CK3000-S -CK8200 -CK18000
(listed on silver sticker on side of unit: ex. Ck300009090909)