CALIBER Subwoofer Box with Built in Amplifier User Manual
- Max. power: 1000 Watt
- Watt RMS power: 150 Watt
- Tuning: Phase 0° -180°
- Frequency response: 34Hz – 250Hz
- Low Pass Filter (variable): 40Hz – 250Hz
- FUSE: 25A
- Type: Ported
- Dimensions: (w) 567 x (H)389 x (D) 400/285mm
*High input connector included
- Variable input sensitivity: RCA input 0.1V to 2.5V.
- Thermal-, Overload- and Short-circuit protection.
- European design and engineering.
The enclosure has to have at least 5 cm (2″) ventilation space at all sides, to allow the heat to rise away from the amplifier. Be sure that the power and signal cables can enter the enclosure in a straight line, to avoid the risk of malfunction. Always place the power- and signalcables at opposite sides of the vehicle to reduce any noises. The amplifier should be protected from exposure to moisture and direct sunlight.
Remember to always disconnect battery ground before working on a vehicle’s electrical system! Always place a fuse or circuit breaker no more than 30 cm (12″) from the battery, no greater than the fuse(s) of your amplifier for optimal protection.
GETTING YOUR POWER STARTED
- First, the +12V terminal is connected directly to the battery of your car. Use a cable of at least 15 mm2, and make sure that the connectors are of the same value.
- Don’t forget the extra “Vehicle protection” fuse.
- The +12V terminal should NOT be connected to the car fuse box.
- Second, the ground terminal (GND) must be fastened securely to the chassis of the vehicle with the same mm2 cable as the positive cable (the same amount of power has to run through it). Ensure that all paint, undercoating or any other insulation is removed from the area where you want to make your ground connection to.
- Third, the last cable to connect is your remote tum-on (REM). Many radio-cassette and CD-players have an output terminal for connection of the REM of an amplifier. If you don’t have such an output, a separate switch must be installed to control your amplifiers on/off function.
The Caliber Amplifiers offer you two possibilities for your signal input.
- A High Level input, using the loudspeaker output from your radio and the special High Level input plug you found in the box.
- Signal input by using a RCA cable from your radio’s RCA outputs to the amplifiers signal input RCA’s.
NEVER USE THE HI INPUT AND RCA INPUT AT THE SAME TIME!
Connect the RCA-outputs of your radio to the RCA input terminals of the amplifier. Take good care that you connect the Right output of your radio to a Right input of your amplifier, and that you connect the Left output of your radio to a Left input of your amplifier.
Put the input level adjustment knob to the minimum.
- Put the volume of your radio to 3/4 of the maximum.
- Now adjust the input level of the front channel. Slowly turn up the input level and listen carefully until! you hear the amplifier begin to distort. A Caliber Amplifier “clips” very softly, so this can sometimes be a difficult adjustment.
Due to the complexity of our products, we strongly recommend that this amplifier is installed by your authorized Caliber dealer. If properly installed by your dealer we provide a warranty for 12 months from the date of purchase. If you install this amplifier yourself, we wish you lots of fun and success in doing so. If you follow our guidelines, you’ll get the best result. Our warranty, however, will be limited to and not exceed 30 days from the date of purchase.
Points to observe for safe usage
Read this manual carefully before using this item and its components. They contain instructions on how to use this product in a safe and effective manner. Caliber Europe BV cannot be responsible for problems resulting from failure to observe the instructions In this manual.
Turn off the device immediately in case of a problem.
Failure to do so may cause personal injury or damage to the product. Return it to your authorized Caliber Europe BV dealer for repairing.
Use a soft dry cloth for periodic cleaning of the product. For more severe stains, please dampen the cloth with water only. Anything else has the chance of dissolving the paint or damaging the plastic.
Be sure the temperature inside the room/vehicle is between +45°C (+113°F) and 0°C (+32°F) before turning you unit on.
If you have problems, do not attempt to repair the unit yourself. Return it to your Caliber Europe BV dealer for servicing.
Place the product on a fiat surface. Provide enough space around the product for sufficient ventilation.
Do not locate the appliance in the vicinity of a heat surface or in direct sunlight.
Use only supplied accessories