Thank you for choosing AvalonMiners. Please read through this user manual carefully before mining to ensure the correct operation and installation of the products. Please keep the manual properly for future reference.
Caution: In order to prevent human safety accidents, such as m I n e r and power damage, fall, electric shock, and fire, please install and use the miner strictly in accordance
with the instructions. It’s prohibited to modify the miner or power and replace the components personally.
- Don’t use the power supply beyond the rated voltage range.
- Don’t put the miner in unstable places.
- When inspecting and repairing the miner or the power supply, please entrust professional personnel for the operation.
When abnormal phenomena of miner or power supply occur, cut off the power immediately and contact the [email protected].
Chapter 1 Hardware Connection
- Network port
- Fan connector, connecting the 4PIN fan cable
Connection of Miner Management board
Open the upper panel and you can see the structure of the entire management module of the miner. The internal interfaces are shown in the figures:
- Fan connection. Connecting with fan cable(by 4PIN connector).
- Connection of Power Supply Unit and MM board(by 6PIN connector).
- Connection of Hash Board and MM board(by 2x7PIN connector).
RESET： System reset button. Please note that system reset will not affect network connection
FUNC： Functional button. It can be used to reset the miner back to the factory settings, enter the configuration mode, and switch lighting status in operation, etc.
- The light indicator flashes in red several times after power-on
- After device startup, the indicator lamp turns white for about three secs. During this period, press the FUNC key, then the device will enter the configuration mode.
- The indicator lamp is green under normal mining conditions.
- The indicator is yellow during system preparation.
- The indicator lamp is red when the system is overheated.
- During system operation, the light indicator turns white by FMS software or manually pressing the FUNC key, and the lamp resets to its original color after the button is pressed again.
Reset Mining to factory settings: Press the FUNC function key (before the red indicator lamp flashing) when power on for five seconds till the white indicator flickers which means setup finished, and then press the RESET or power to restart.
Chapter 3 Work Mode
The device has two work modes: “Normal Mode” and “Configuration Mode”.
The device runs in this mode most of the time, in which the network can be using DHCP (dynamic acquisition) or static IP. The default setup is DHCP.
- Press the FUNC key when the lamp is white (about three secs.) after startup, and the device will enter configuration mode.
- In this mode, the IP address is static (address: 192.168.168.168, subnet mask: 255.255.255.0). The built-in Web service of the device can be accessed through PC browser to configure the network, mining pool, password, and other information.
- Set PC to static IP address: 192.168.168.100 (or any other non-conflicting address with the same segment), subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, connect to the same network with the device (under the same switch or router, or directly connect PC to the device network).
– Please right-click to open network & internet settings.
– Go to “Change adapter options” to disable WLAN and enable Ethernet.
Then use the browser to access http://192.168.168.168/ to configure the device(Modify static IP, etc.). After configuration, nothing will take effect unless the miner rebooted. Users are reed to either click the Reboot key on the left part of the interface or power off manually.
Note: please do remember to switch internet connection, otherwise there won’t be access to the internet for miners.
Please input the IP address modified into the browser. The indicator lamp will turn green under correct operations.
Chapter 4 System Setting
Access the device’s built-in Web service through the browser and enter the device interface after login.
Default username: root, default password: root, it can enter the Overview page after login.
Click the Network in the configuration menu and set it to DHCP (dynamic acquisition) or IP(Static).
Note: After pressing the save button， please remember to restart the miner to make sure your network setting is effective. To restart it, users can click Reboot on the left, or press the ESET button (on the miner), or power off and on.
Mining Pool Setting
The below figure is the factory settings. There are two modes here: Normal Mode and HighPerformance mode. When using the high-performance mode, please be noted to use a high consumption power supply for output in case of any hardware damage.
Note: After pressing the save button, please remember to restart the miner to make sure your mining pool configuration is effective. To restart it, users can click Reboot on the menu, or press the RESET key (on the miner) or restart the miner physically.
User ID and Password
Default username: root, default password: root
Click Administrator on the menu to set a new password and save it.
Chapter 5 Firmware Upgrade
The upgrade package file’s format is *. aup, which can be downloaded through the official website or via customer service.
The device’s firmware upgrade can only be implemented through FMS software.
Chapter 6 Factory Reset
Press the FUNC key for five to ten secs (Before the light indicator turns red) when the power is on, and the system will automatically clear the saved configuration, including network, mining pool, password, and other information.
After the configuration is cleared, the white light indicator will flash frequently indicating that the recovery configuration is successful. After loosening the FUNC button, press the RESET button to restart, or cut off the power supply to restart, and the system will use the default factory configuration to work.
Chapter 7 Warranty
After the miner has run for some time, such miner glitches as loosened connection or abnormal damage shall be taken into consideration. For this, users are free to roubleshoot it themselves after consulting our professional engineers. If the device is damaged within the scope of the warranty, contact our after-sales personnel for quick repairs. We guarantee a 180-day warranty of the product since the date the customer receives the goods, but the following will invalidate the warranty:
- Any physical damage caused by self-disassembly of the products or other causes (including but not limited to breakage, fragmentation, parts or components missing, etc.)
- Damage caused by lightning, voltage surge, etc.
- Burn marks on the PCB or the chips burnt down.
- Damage caused by water intake and immersion
- PCBs are damped and corroded
- Over the warranty period
Unfortunately, if the above circumstances occur, we can still provide fee-based maintenance services for the devices, and users can also contact after-sales personnel to purchase the parts to repair by themselves.
Chapter 8 Trouble Shooting
The fan of the miner does not work or the light indicator does not light up.
- Possible root cause
- The fan cable comes loose;
- The cable of the power supply with the control board disconnected;
- The AC power input disconnected;
- The power module has a fault;
- The control board has a fault;
- The power output is short-circuit protected.
- Power on the miner and plug in the network cable connected to the switch (or router).
- Check whether the link light of the network port is flashing. If the light of the network port is off, it means that the MM control panel is out of power. Then It is necessary to check whether the power cable is connected, replace the power supply, or check whether there is a short circuit of the power output.
- If the mesh light is on, but the LED light on the MM control panel is off, then the MM control panel needs to be replaced.
- If the LED on the MM board is on but the fan doesn’t work, please check the fan cable or replace the fan.
- The mining pool cannot be connected for a long time (more than 5 minutes) after booting up (the miner lights up a yellow for a long time, does not turn green, and has no hash rate).
- The mining pool can be connected after the miner is turned on (the miner LED is green), but it has no hash rate.
Possible root cause
- Mine pool configuration error;
- Network configuration error;
- The miner cannot access the external network;
- No main output for the power supply of the miner (wiring error, overload, short circuit or damage);
- Miner hash board is not working;
- Miner overheating protection.
- If you cannot use the PC to connect to the miner through the network, you can try to reset the factory settings after confirming that the network environment is normal, the network cable is firmly connected, and the miner is turned on normally.
- For the method of resetting factory settings, see Appendix 1.
- Check the current version of the miner’s firmware. It is recommended to use FMS to update to the latest version. For the upgrade method, see Appendix III
- Check the status of the hash board
- Click Overview to check the working status shown as ② in the figure below. Normally, it should be In Work. If OverHot indicates overheating shutdown, you need to check the fan and ambient temperature as follows.
- Check the number of Hash Boards shown as ③ in the figure below. The value should be 3. If the value is 1 or 2, you need to contact our after-sales personnel to
deal with it. If it is 0, you need to check the power status according to the following.
Check the power, temperature, network status and fan status Click the Log in the menu as below.
Check the following fields in the right field:
- NETFAIL (as shown in ②) : records the time of disconnection from the ore pool (if it has not been disconnected or never connected to the ore pool, this is all 0).In the record, the odd term (items 1, 3, and 5) is the time of disconnection from the pool, and the even term (items 2, 4, and 6) is the time of recovery from the pool. If only the odd term has data and the even term is 0, it means that the connection with the pool is disconnected and not recovered (usually because of the excessive traffic of the pool server, the connection can be broken. If frequent occurrence occurs for a long time, the other mining pool can be replaced).
- SYSTEM STATUS: records the current working state, normally In Work (shown In ③).Where Hash Board (as shown in ④) is the number of working Hash boards, which should be 3 for 1146 Pro. If it is 1 or 2, we need to contact the after-sales service. If it is 0, you need to further check the state of the power supply.
- Temp is the ambient temperature and cannot exceed 35℃
- TMax is the highest chip temperature, which cannot exceed 85℃.
- Avg is the average chip temperature
- If you see any of the above temperature terms exceeding the maximum level (Temp over 35, Tmax over 85, TAvg over 68), you need to check the fan speed (as shown in⑥). If the fan speed is normal, it is necessary to reduce the indoor temperature and ensure good ventilation around the miner.
- Vo (as shown in⑦) is the average chip voltage, which is normally 32x.
PS (as shown in⑧) is the state of power supply. The meanings of items 1-6 are as follows:
- Item 1: error code. 0 as a normal value. Other values indicate power failure or output short circuit.
- Item 2: voltage supplied to control panel. The normal value is 12xx.
- Item 3: the voltage supplied to the HASH plate, normally between 1200 and 1400.
- Item 4: the current from the power supply to the hash board, which is related to the output power and voltage.
- Item 5: the power output from the power supply to the hash board is 3300 for the 1146 Pro model.
- Item 6: the expected output voltage from the power supply to the hash board, which is configured by the control board.
If the 6 parameters in the PS field of the power supply are all 0, it means that the control panel cannot communicate with the power supply. Please check the line connection. If
the connection is correct, the power supply PSU needs to be replaced.
Check whether the configuration of the mining pool, miner, and miner’s code is correct.
Click the menu to check the configuration of ①Pool, ②Worker, and ③Password. Then, click the Save button to Save the Settings.
Check your network Settings
- Click on the NetWork in the menu and the default configuration is DHCP mode. If all the data is empty, press F5 to refresh the page.
- If you use static IP, you need to pay attention to the configuration of DNS. The wrong
- DNS configuration will make miners not able to access the pool.
- The commonly used DNS address in China is 184.108.40.206, and the commonly used DNS address outside China is 220.127.116.11.
Note: after modifying the configuration, you need to click the save button to save the configuration.
Appendix I Restore factory settings
|Ensure the miner is powered off|
|Keep pressing the FUNC button|
|Power on the miner||Note: need to keep the func button pressed all the time.|
|Keep the FUNC button pressed until the white LED flashes.|
|Power on the miner|
|Keep pressing the FUNC button|
|Press the reset button and release||Note: need to keep the func button pressed all the time.|
|Keep the FUNC button pressed until the white LED flashes|
Appendix II How to check the firmware revision
There are 2 methods to check the firmware revision
Check the revision from the FMS menu：
Click Overview in the menu, you can find the firmware revision in ②.
Check-in FMS overview page:
Find the firmware revision from ①
Appendix III Method to batch upgrade the firmware by FMS
Startup FMS, select the corresponding miner on the main page and click the Upgrade button, as below:
Select the firmware file to upgrade (.aup) in the popup dialog box, and click open as below：
There will be a progress display during the update process.
At the end of the update, there is a notification of “All upgrades were successful” to indicate the updating success. Otherwise, All the IP addresses of the failed upgrades will be listed. For the miners whose upgrade fails, they can be selected according to IP and then restarted by clicking the button. After waiting for 3 minutes, they can try again to upgrade these miners.
Appendix IV Parameters in Log
|Elapsed||Total running time of miner after
startup (unit: seconds)
|NETFAIL||The time to disconnect from the mining pool and the time to restore the connection after a successful connection to the mining pool.||The odd term (items 1, 3, and 5) is the time of disconnection from the pool, and the even term (items 2, 4, and 6) is the time of recovery from the pool.|
|SYSTEM STATUS||Current status of the system. Including the working status and the number of working dashboards.|
|DH||Average fault rate. The normal value is between 0.6% to 1.6%.|
|TMax||Maximum temperature of Chip|
|TAvg||The average temperature of Chip|
|Fan1||Speed of Fan 1|
|Fang||Speed of Fan 2|
|FanR||Percentage of Fan speed|
|Vo||The average voltage of Chip|
|PS||Power status||See Chapter 8|
|PALO||The chip quantity in every frequency for the 0th hash board.||e.g. PLLO [256 589 1259 5786] means there is 256 chips running the V frequency…there is 5786 chips running in the 4″ frequency.|
|Pal||The chip quantity in every frequency for the V hash board.|
|SMM||Hashrate before calibration (unit: G Ills)||Note: actual hashrate = the hash rate before calibration • (1-D1-1)|
|GHSavg||Average hashrate for 1 hour||Average hashrate for 1 hour according to actual work submitted to the pool. It’s most closed to the 24 hours average hashrate from the pool.|
|Freq||The equivalent frequency||The chip works at different frequencies. The equivalent frequency is the comprehensive equivalent frequency of the whole miner.|
|Led||Status of white LED||When a particular miner needs to be found, the API is used to light the white LED light of the miner. This is the status of whether the white LED lamp is lit, 1 means it is lit, 0 means it is not lit.|
|MGHS||Hashrate for one hash board, unit: GH/s|
|Tmax||Chip temperature for one hash board|
|MTavg||Average chip temperature for one hash board|
|TA||ASIC chip quantity|
|SF0||Frequency configuration of hash board 0||e.g. SF0 [500 525 550 575] means frequency 1 is 500MHz, frequency 4 Is 575MHz.|
|SF1||Frequency configuration of hash board 1|
|PVT_T0||Temperature list of all the chips for dashboard 0|
|PVT_T1||Temperature list of all the chips for dashboard 1|
|PVT_VO||Voltage list of all the chips for dashboard 0|
|PVT_V1||Voltage list of all the chips for dashboard 1|
|PVT_R0||DH list of all the chips for dashboard 0|
|PVT_R1||DH list of all the chips for dashboard 1|
Appendix V LED status
1. LED status transition when power on
|Status||Red LED flashing||White LED-lit||Yellow LED-lit||Green LED-lit|
|Duration||is||is||Approx. 20-the 30s||Long-lasting|
2. LED status
|off||Firmware is not running (power off).|
|Red LED flashing||Flashing for is when system startup.|
|White LED lights||Light for is when system startup or using API control for lightening up.|
|White LED flashing||The system enters testing mode (or the status after resetting to factory setup. Need to release FUNC button for reset and the main controlling enter the normal mode.|
|Yellow LED lights||The system has been startup but didn’t connect to the mining pool.|
|Green LED lights||The system has been startup and connected to the mining pool.|