MAGMA 16 QT:
AIR FRYER OVENMODEL CW-AF16
Please read this manual carefully before using the air fryer oven.
Save these instructions.
Dear ChefWave™ Customer,
Congratulations on your purchase of the ChefWave™ Magma Air Fryer Oven.
To ensure your safety and many years of trouble-free operation, please read this manual carefully before using this appliance and keep it in a safe place for future reference.
We hope you enjoy your new ChefWave™ Magma Air Fryer Oven.
The ChefWave™ Team
For technical assistance and warranty service, please email us at [email protected].
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be observed.
Please read and follow these warnings and instructions:
- This appliance is intended for household countertop use only. Do not use this appliance for commercial purposes. Do not use it outdoors. Using it for unintended purposes will invalidate the warranty.
- Keep the appliance and the cord out of the reach of children and pets. This appliance is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities.
- Always place the appliance on a dry, stable surface that can withstand high heat. Do not place the appliance on a wood table. To prevent potential damage to the surface, place an appropriate protective hot pad underneath the appliance.
- This unit has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact an electrician. Never force the plug to fit.
- To protect yourself from electric shock, do not immerse the base, cord, or power plug in water or any other liquid.
- Plug the appliance into wall sockets only. Always make sure the plug is inserted properly.
- Keep the cord away from hot surfaces. Do not touch the plug or operate the unit with wet hands.
- Use the appliance with an extension cord at your own risk. Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of the counter.
- Never connect this appliance to an external timer switch or separate remote control system.
- Do not cover the air intake vent or air outlet vent while the Air Fryer Oven is operating. Doing so will prevent even cooking and may damage the unit or cause it to overheat.
- Do not place the appliance on or near towels, paper, or other flammable materials. Do not block the vents. When cooking, do not place the appliance against a wall or any other appliance. Use the appliance in a well-ventilated area, and allow 5 inches of space on all sides of the appliance.
- Never place the appliance on or near stoves or burners or in an oven.
When the time has run out, cooking will stop but the fan will continue running for 30 seconds to cool the unit down.
- Do not overfill the unit. Overfilling may cause food contact with the interior upper screen and heating element.
The outer surfaces may become hot during use. The rotating mesh basket
- WILL be hot. Wear oven mitts or use the fetch tool when handling hot components or surfaces.
- The appliance should always remain unplugged from the outlet when not in use. After using the appliance, turn off the power and gently unplug it from the outlet. Do not jerk or pull the power cord. Unplug the unit and let it cool down for 30 minutes before cleaning or storing it.
If the inner temperature control system fails, the overheating protection system will be activated and the appliance will not function. Should this happen, unplug the power cord. Allow time for the appliance to cool completely before restarting or storing.
The Magma Air Fryer Oven has a built-in shutoff function that will automatically shut down the appliance when the Timer LED reaches zero. You can manually switch off the appliance by pressing the Power button. The fan will continue running for 30 seconds to cool down the appliance.
2. Internal Light
4. Temperature Control
5. Time Control
6. LED Digital Display
7-14. Cooking Presets
15. Cooking Indicators
11. Chicken Leg
13. Chicken Rotisserie
USING THE CONTROL PANEL
- Power/Start-Stop button: Once the unit is plugged in, the Power button will light up. Press the Power button to illuminate the rest of the control panel. Selecting the Power button a second time wi 11 activates the cooking process at the default temperature of 370°F and time of 15 minutes. Selecting the Power button at any time during the cooking process will shut down the unit. When this happens, the display will go dark immediately and the running light will go dark within 30 seconds. The fan will continue running for 30 seconds to cool down the unit.
- Internal Light: Pressing this button will help you check cooking progress while the unit is in operation. NOTE: The internal light automatically illuminates when the door is opened during cooking.
- Rotation button: Press this button when cooking anything using the Rotisserie Mode. The function can be used with any preset. The icon will blink continuously while in use.
- Temperature Control buttons: Use these buttons to raise or lower the cooking temperature by 5° intervals from 180°F to 450°F. Dehydration to 180°F.
- Time Control buttons: Use these buttons to select an exact cooking time to the minute, from 1 to 60 minutes in all modes except when dehydrating. Dehydration mode can be set from 1 to 24 hours in 30-minute intervals.
- LED Digital Display: This Digital Numeric Display will regularly alternate between displaying the current temperature and the remaining cooking time.
- 7-14. Cooking Presets: Selecting any of the sewill sets the time and temperature to a default setting for that particular food. You can override these presets with the Time and Temperature buttons. View preset times and temperatures on page 11.
- Cooking Indicators: These lights will blink in sequence while cooking is in progress and continue blinking up to 30 seconds once you shut the unit down.
PARTS & ACCESSORIES
|1. Control Panel||7. Drip Pan|
|2. Air Intake Vents||8. 10 x Skewers|
|3. Hot Air Outlet Vents||9. 2 x Adjustable Skewer Racks|
|4. 3 x Mesh Tray||10. Rotisserie Spit Rod, 2 x Forks, and 2 x Set Screws|
|5. Mesh Basket||11. Handling Tool|
|6. Rotating Basket||12. Steak/Fish Cage|
USING THE ACCESSORIES
- Insert Drip Pan into the bottom of the unit.
- Place Mesh Tray into fryer by sliding through the side grooves and onto the back lip (top image).
- Place Mesh Tray closer to the top heating element for faster cooking and add crisp (bottom image).
- Rotate the Mesh Tray mid-cycle for even cooking.
Rotisserie Spit Rod & Skewer Racks
- Place the two Skewer Racks at each end of the Rotisserie Spit Rod. Screw-in the Set Screws outside the racks, as shown below.
- Slightly tighten Set Screws. Do not overtighten, as you may need to adjust the tightness after you insert the Skewers.
- Carefully poke Skewers through food.
ROTISSERIE SPIT ASSEMBLY
- Insert each Skewer point through holes on the left Skewer Rack.
- Squeeze the clip end of each Skewer as you insert it into the opposite Skewer Rack slot to secure.
- Release clip to securely rest in the slot as shown.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 in a uniform manner around the Skewer Rack. Make sure Skewers are evenly spaced.
- Tighten the Set Screws to make sure they are securely in place.
- Use caution while inserting the Spit into the unit to prevent getting poked by the Skewer ends.
Place Rotisserie Spit or Rotating Basket into Unit
- Insert the left side of the assembled Rotisserie Spit or Rotating Basket first into the Rotisserie socket at the left side of the unit. Be sure the spit or basket is in place to engage rotation.
- Place the right side onto the hanger.
IMPORTANT: See the final assembly diagram (above, center) to help identify the left and right sides of the Rotisserie Spit before placing it in the unit. The right side has notches, while the left has holes for inserting the Skewers.
Remove Rotisserie Spit or Rotating Basket from Unit
- Open the unit door to pause the cooking cycle or turn the unit off by pressing the Power button.
- Insert Handling Tool beneath the Rotisserie Spit or Rotating Basket.
- Lift the right side of the Handling Tool at a slight angle to clear the bracket.
Then, shift to the right until the left side of the rod slides out of the Rotisserie socket.
- Carefully remove the rotisserie food from the oven.
Before Using the Magma Air Fryer Oven for the First Time
- Read all materials and warning stickers and labels.
- Remove all packing materials, labels, and stickers.
- Wash all parts and accessories used in the cooking process with warm, soapy water.
NOTE: Only the accessories are dishwasher safe.
- Wipe the inside and outside of the unit with a clean, moist cloth.
Place the appliance on a stable, level, horizontal, and heat-resistant surface.
Select the cooking accessory for your recipe.
- NEVER wash or submerge the unit in water.
- NEVER put anything on top of the appliance.
- NEVER cover the air vents on the top and back of the unit.
- NEVER fill any cooking vessel with oil or liquid of any kind. This unit cooks with hot air only.
- NEVER use the oven door as a place to rest a hot fry basket filled with food.
The Rotating Basket could damage the oven door or cause the unit to tip.
Personal injury could result.
- ALWAYS use oven mitts when removing hot Mesh Tray or Mesh Basket.
Cooking with the Magma Air Fryer Oven
- Place ingredients on Mesh Tray, one of the rotisserie accessories, or in Mesh Basket or Rotating Basket.
- Put Mesh Tray, Mesh Basket, Rotating Basket, or Rotisserie Spit into the unit and shut the oven door. Plug the power cord into a 120 V dedicated outlet.
- When the cooking accessory and food are in place, press the Power button once.
- Select a preset function or manually set the temperature and the time. Refer to the detailed Control Panel instructions on page 5.
- If a preset function was selected, the unit will automatically start the cooking cycle. If the temperature and time were set manually, you need to press the Power button to begin the cooking cycle.
- Foods that are smaller usually require a slightly shorter cooking time than larger ones.
- Large quantities of food only require a slightly longer cooking time than regular quantities.
- Flipping or turning smaller-sized foods halfway through the cooking process ensures that all the pieces are evenly fried.
- Spraying a little vegetable oil on fresh potatoes is suggested for a crispier result when making fries. If adding oil, do so just before cooking.
- Snacks normally cooked in an oven can also be cooked in the Magma.
- Use the premade dough to prepare filled snacks quickly and easily. Premade dough also requires a shorter cooking time than homemade dough.
- Place a baking tin or oven dish in the Magma when baking a cake or quiche.
- A dish is also recommended when cooking fragile or filled foods.
- You can use the Magma to reheat foods. Simply set the temperature to 300°F for up to 10 minutes.
- Opening the door during the cooking process will pause cooking. You may especially want to doth is when rotisserie cooking. The unit will restart where it left off when you close the door.
Removing Hot Food
When removing cooked or hot food, use the Handling Tool or oven mitts. The tool can also be used with the Rotisserie Spit.
- During the cooking process, the Rotating Basket and other accessories will become very hot. If removing an accessory to check the progress, make sure you have a trivet or a heat-resistant surface nearby on which to set it down.NEVER place the Rotating Basket directly on a countertop or table.
- Cooking accessories will get hot during the air frying process. Wear oven mitts and handle with care to AVOID INJURY.
*Cooking time for whole roasted chicken will vary with weight. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature as per the chart below.
WARNING: Never use a cooking vessel filled with cooking oil or any other liquid with this! Fire hazard or personal injury could result.
The table on the following page will help you select the correct temperature and time for best results. As you become more familiar with the Magma cooking process, you may adjust these settings to suit your personal tastes.
NOTE: Keep in mind that these settings are suggestions. As ingredients differ in origin, size, shape, and brand, we cannot guarantee the best settings for your ingredients.
TIP: Set the timer to half of the time needed for the recipe, and the timer bell will alert you when it’s time to turn your food. When you hear the timer bell, the preset reparation time has elapsed.
|Thin Frozen Fries||11/4-3 cups||15-16 min.||400°F|
|Thick Frozen flies||11/4-3 cups||15-20 min.||400°F||Add 1/2 Tbsp. oil|
|Homemade Fries||11/4-31/4 cups||10-16 min.||400°F||Add 1/2 Tbsp. oil|
|11/4-31/4 cups||18-22 min.||360°F||Add 1/2 Tbsp. oil|
|11/4-3 cups||12-18 min.||360°F|
|Hash Browns||lcup||15-18 min.||360°F|
|Potato Gratin||2 cups||15-18 min.||400°F|
|Steak||1/4-1.1 lb.||8-12 min.||360°F|
|Pork Chops||1/4-1.1 lb.||10-14 min||360°F|
|hamburger||1/4-1.1 lb.||7-14 min.||360°F|
|Sausage Roll||1/4-1.1 lb.||13-15 min.||400°F|
|Chicken Breast||1/4-1.1lb.||10-15 min.||360°F|
|Spring Rolls||1/4-3/41b.||15-20 min.||400°F|
|1/4-1.1 lb.||10-15 min.||400°F|
|Frozen Fish Sticks||1/4-1.11b.||6-10 min.||400°F|
|Mozzarella Sticks||1/4-1.1 lb.||8-10 min.||360°F|
|1/4-1.1 lb.||10 min.||320°F|
|Cake||11/4 cups||20-25 min.||320°F|
|Quiche||11/2 cups||20-22 min.||360°F|
|Muffins||11/4 cups||15-18 min.||400°F|
|Sweet Snacks||11/2 cups||20 min.||320°F|
|1 lb.||15 min.||400°F|
|The Air Fryer Oven does not work||The appliance is not plugged in||Plug the power cord into a wall socket and turn unit on. With the basket in place, set the temperature and time. Check that door is closed.|
|You have not turned the unit on before setting the preparation time and temperature|
|Food not cooked||The Rotating Basket is overloaded||Use smaller batches for more even frying|
|The temperature is set too low||Raise the temperature and continue cooking|
|Food is not fried evenly||Some foods need to be turned during the cooking process||See Operating Instructions and Using the Accessories sections of the manual|
|French fries are not fried evenly||Wrong type of potato being used||Use fresh, firm potatoes|
|Potatoes not rinsed properly during preparation||Cut fries and pat dry to remove excess starch|
|Fries are not crispy||Raw fries have too much water||Dry frozen fries properly before adding oil. Cut fries smaller. Add more oil|
|White smoke coming from the unit||Oil is being used||Wipe down to remove excess oil|
|Accessories have excess grease residue from previous cooking||Clean the Rotating Basket after each use|
|Door came off||Door was unhinged||With the door slightly open (at about a 45° angle from the closed position), align the hinge so the joints fall into the slots. Then close the door. NOTE: No force is necessary to accomplish this!|
CLEANING & STORAGE
Clean the Magma Air Fryer Oven after each use. The Rotating Basket and other accessories are made of durable stainless steel and are dishwasher safe. Never use abrasive cleaning materials or utensils on these surfaces. Caked on food should be soaked for easy removal in warm soapy water.
- Remove the power cord from the wall socket and be certain the appliance is thoroughly cooled before cleaning.
- Wipe the outside of the appliance with a warm, moist cloth and mild detergent.
- To clean the oven door, remove it by opening it to an approximately 45° angle while gently pulling it upward. Clean both sides with warm soapy water on a damp cloth. Do not soak or submerge the door in water or wash in the dishwasher.
NOTE: To reattach the door, again hold it at about a 45° angle from the closed position, aligning the joints with the slots at the bottom of the unit.
The door should easily snap in-DO NOT force it shut.
- Clean the inside of the appliance with hot water, a mild detergent, and a non-abrasive sponge.
- If necessary, remove unwanted food residue from the upper screen with a cleaning brush.
- Unplug the appliance and let it cool down thoroughly.
- Make sure all components are clean and dry.
- Place the appliance in a clean, dry place.
These are the technical details of the ChefWave™ Magma Air Fryer Oven:
- Power: 120 V/60 Hz, 1800 W
- Temperature Control: 180°F-450°F
• Dehydrator: 9OF-180°F
• Dehydrator: Up to 24 hours
• Other Functions: 0-60 minutes
- Oven Capacity: 16 qt., 11.8″ W x10.2″D x8.3″ H
- Dimensions: 14.6″ W x13.4″ D x15.4″ H (including handle)
- Weight: 14.9 lb. (excluding accessories)
CHEF WAVE” GUARANTEE
This appliance is guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase. Under this guarantee, the manufacturer will repair or replace any parts found to be defective, provided that the product is returned to one of the authorized service centers. This guarantee is only valid if the appliance has been used in accordance with the instructions and if it has not been modified, repaired, or interfered with by any unauthorized person or damaged through misuse.
This guarantee does not cover wear and tear nor breakables such as glass and ceramic items, bulbs, etc. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights nor any legal rights you may have as a consumer under applicable national legislation governing the purchase of goods.
If the product fails to operate and needs to be returned, pack it carefully, enclosing your name and address and the reason for return.
If within the guarantee period, please also provide proof of purchase.
BEER BATTERED FISH FILLETS
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
2 pounds cod fillets
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup pea shoots
1 cup baby lettuce leaves
1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and dill. Add beer, milk, oil, and eggs; mix well.
- Place fish fillets in batter mixture, coat well, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer oven to 390°F for 3 minutes. Place fish into air fryer and program to cook at 390°F for 11-17 minutes. Repeat the process until all fish are cooked.
- For sauce, puree everything in a food processor and sprinkle with paprika (optional).
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
1/2 tsp. salt
11/2 tsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. cold water
1/2 cup chicken coating mix
1/2 cup ice water
1 egg yolk
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
|SWEET & SOUR SAUCE:
1/2 cup sweet and sour sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1 green pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
1 medium carrot, sliced 1″ long
1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Add chicken and mix well.
Let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine batter ingredients in a medium bowl until just mixed. Do not stir to blend.
- Combine sweet and sour sauce, chicken broth, water, and cornstarch in a small bowl, set aside.
- Preheat air fryer oven to 390°F for 3 minutes.
- Coat each piece of chicken with batter and place it into the air fryer. Program to cook at 390°F for 11-23 minutes, checking for doneness. Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
- Using a frying pan, add oil and heat to medium. Stir-fry green peppers, carrots, and water chestnuts for 2 minutes. Add sweet and sour sauce mixture. Stir in pineapple. Stir-fry until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken and serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
FISH STICKS WITH YOGURT DIP
|18 oz. center-cut salmon fillet, skinned
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper 3eggwhites
1 cup grated parmesan
|1 cup seasoned bread crumbs Olive oil, for drizzling
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley or chives
- Preheat air fryer oven to 390°F. Rinse salmon fillet and pat dry with paper towels. Slice fish so all the pieces are equal size at about %” by %” by 4%.
- Place flour, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Place egg whites in another bowl and beat until frothy, about 30 seconds. Combine grated parmesan and bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Coat salmon pieces in the flour and pat to remove any excess flour. Dip floured fish sticks in egg whites and then into the parmesan mixture.
- Place the breaded fish sticks into the air fryer oven and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Program to cook at 390°F for 12-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat the process until all fish sticks are cooked.
- For the dipping sauce: mix mayo, yogurt, Dijon, and parsley (or chives) in a small dipping bowl.
COCONUT KING PRAWNS
|2 large eggs
1 Tbsp. water
2/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup cornflakes cereal, crushed
|1 tsp. sea salt
1 lb. king prawns, peeled and deveined, but with tails still attached
2/3 cup cornflour
Olive oil cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs and the water.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flakes, cornflake crumbs, and salt.
- Dredge each prawn in cornflour, then dip in the egg, then roll in the coconut cornflake mixture until evenly coated.
- Place the prawns in the fry basket, leaving space between each one. Spray on all sides with olive oil.
- Air fry in batches at 390°F until crispy, about 6 minutes.
- Makes 4-6 servings.