Salon Per for mance
Instruction & Styling Guide
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
DANGER – Any hairdryer is electrically live even when the switch is off. To reduce the risk of death or injury by electric shock:
- ALWAYS UNPLUG IT IMMEDIATELY AFTER USING.
- Do not use it while bathing or in a shower.
- Do not place or store appliances where they can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not place in, or drop into, water or other liquid.
- If an appliance falls into water, unplug it immediately. Do not reach into the water.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons:
- This appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- This appliance should not be used by, on, or near children or by individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been dropped into water.
Return the appliance to a Conair service center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces. Do not pull, twist, or wrap the line cord around the dryer, even during storage.
- Never block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
- Never use while sleeping.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening or hose.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use an extension cord to operate the dryer.
- Do not direct hot air toward eyes or other heat-sensitive areas.
- Attachments may be hot during use. Allow them to cool before handling.
- Do not place the appliance on any surface while it is operating.
- While using the appliance, keep your hair out of it. Keep your hair away from the air inlets.
- Do not use a voltage converter.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance is intended for household use only. Use on Alternating Current (60 hertz) only. Standard Dryers are designed to operate at 110 to 125 volts A.C.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will ft in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not ft fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not ft, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
1875 wATT OPERATING GUIDE
Use of this dryer on the same circuit or fuse with other electrical products or appliances may trip a 15 amp circuit breaker or blow a 15 amp fuse. NEVER replace the fuse with one rated higher than the capacity of the circuit. Doing so could result in an electrical fire.
CHECK ALSO SAFETY FEATURE EVERY TIME YOU USE APPLIANCE.
This appliance is equipped with an Appliance Leakage Circuit Interrupter (ALCI), a safety feature that renders it inoperable under some abnormal conditions, such as immersion in water. To make sure the ALCI is functioning properly, perform the following test. The purpose of this test is to allow you to make sure the water sensing system (ALCI) is working.
- Plugin the appliance and press the test button on the plug (See appropriate diagram below).
- The appliance will stop working. There will be an audible click and a reset button will pop out.
- To reset ALCI with a reset button, the unit should be unplugged. Then push the reset button in, and reinsert the plug into an outlet.
- If ALCI is not functioning properly, return the appliance to the nearest service center.
- It is important that if immersion occurs, this unit be brought to a service center. Do not try to reset.
- Be sure to repeat the test every time you use the unit to confirm ALCI is operational.
Should the appliance go off and the reset button pop up during use, this could indicate a malfunction in the unit. Remove plug from the outlet and allow the appliance to cool. Reinsert plug into outlet. The appliance should then function normally. If not, return to an authorized Conair Service Center for evaluation and repair.
SUPER STYLING GUIDE
Your best looks begin with a good haircut that’s well maintained. Always treat hair right with superior quality shampoos, conditioners, and finishing products.
- Shampoo and condition hair with products of your choice. Rinse thoroughly. Towel dry hair to remove excess moisture. Using the dryer along with your styling brush, start at a lower setting and direct hot air through a section of hair at a time. Move dryer steadily across each section so that the hot air passes through the hair. Direct airflow at hair, not scalp. Clouds of negatively charged ions will help to reduce static electricity, control frizzy fyaways and contribute to your hair’s shine.
- Keep dryer’s air intake vents unobstructed and free from hair while drying.
- To avoid over-drying, do not concentrate heat on any one section for any extended length of time.
Keep the dryer moving as you style.
- For quick touch-ups, between shampoos, dampen hair with a mist of water before styling with the dryer.
- When using your dryer to create curls and waves, dry hair almost completely on a warmer temperature setting, then finishes styling with the Cold Shot feature to quickly close the hair shaft and lock in style.
BODY & VOLUME
To create extra volume, turn the head upside down while drying. Position the airflow toward the roots for maximum lift. When hair is dry, toss head back and brush hair into place.
Work with hair in sections when creating a super straight look. Using a large round brush (approximately 2″ diameter), hold hair taut in each section and bend ends slightly under as you dry.
Tousled, natural-looking waves are easily created by grasping hair at the roots and scrunching between fingertips while drying.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR DRYER
GETTING TO KNOw YOUR DRYER
The Infiniti PRO by Conair™ Ionic Ceramic Styler is very effective, even at lower temperatures, and helps to give healthier-looking, shiny, more manageable hair with maximum styling control.
POWERFUL AC MOTOR delivers fast airflow for styling ease and provides up to 3x longer life.
CERAMIC HEAT TECHNOLOGY full spectrum, infrared heat works on molecules inside the hair, drying it inside and out. This fast and easy drying process minimizes heat damage and makes hair less frizzy and more manageable.
THE IONIZING FUNCTION generates a cloud of negative ions that can:
- neutralize the generally positive charge on flyaway, frizzy hair
- eliminate static electricity
- contribute to shine
select your setting
|low/cool||delicate, thin, or easy-to-style hair|
|low/warm||average-to-thick or treated hair|
|high/hot||thick, coarse or hard-to-style hair|
|cold shot||sets style in place for all hair types|
This message about…
…can save a life!
IF YOU MUST USE YOUR HAIRDRYER IN THE BATHROOM, INSTALL A GFCI* NOW!
Your local electrician can help you decide which type is best for you—a portable unit that plugs into the electrical outlet or a permanent unit installed by your electrician. The National Electrical Code now requires GFCI’s in the bathrooms, garages, and outdoor outlets of all new homes.
WHY DO YOU NEED A GFCI? Electricity and water don’t mix. If your hair dryer falls in water while it’s plugged in, the electric shock can kill you...even if the switch is “off.” A regular fuse or circuit breaker won’t protect you under these circumstances. A GFCI offers you far greater protection.
A GFCI can save your life! Compared to that, the price is small! Don’t wait…install one now!
*GFCI is a sensitive device that reacts immediately to a small electric current leak stopping the electricity f ow.
Your dryer is virtually maintenance-free. No lubrication is needed. For proper operating per- performance, the dryer must be kept clean.
When cleaning is needed, unplug the cord, allow to cool and clean dust and lint from air intake openings with a small brush or the brush attachment of a vacuum cleaner. The outer surface of the dryer should be wiped clean with a cloth only.
Blocked or clogged air intake vents will cause the dryer to overheat. If overheating occurs, an automatic safety device will shut the dryer or the heat off to prevent damage or personal injury. If the unit or the heat turns off, unplug the cord and allow the dryer to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before restarting. Make sure the air vents are clean.
NEVER allow the power supply cord to be pulled, twisted, or severely bent. Never wrap the cord tightly around the dryer. Damage will occur at the high fex point of entry into the dryer, causing it to rupture and short. Inspect the cord frequently for damage. Stop use immediately if the damage is visible or unstops or operates intermittently.
If the cord or dryer is damaged or does not operate properly, return it for repair to an authorized Conair service representative only. No repairs should be attempted by the consumer.
STORAGE – Important
When not in use, your dryer should be disconnected, allowed to cool, and stored in a safe, dry location, out of reach of children. not wrap the line cord around the dryer. Allow the cord to hang or lie loose and straight at the point of entry into the dryer.
LIMITED FOUR YEAR WARRANTY
Conair will repair or replace (at our option) your unit free of charge for 48 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center nearest you, together with your purchase receipt and $7.00 for postage and handling. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-366-0937 for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period shall be 48 months from the date of manufacture.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 48 MONTH DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CONAIR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specif c legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
TRY OUR OTHER NEW INFINITI BY CON AIR® PRODUCTS
or visit us on the web at: www.conair.com for info
7475 N. Glen Harbor Blvd
Glendale, AZ 85307
©2010 CONAIR CORPORATION
For info on any Conair or Inf niti by Conair
product call: 1-800-3-CONAIR or
visit us on the web at:
IB 9 854