with DUAL HEATInstruction Booklet
For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using it.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – Any appliance is electrically live even when the switch is off.
To reduce the risk of death by electric shock:
- Always unplug the appliance immediately after using.
- Do not place or store appliances where they can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not place in, or drop into water or other liquids.
- If an appliance falls into water, unplug it immediately. Do not reach into the water.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons:
- This appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
Unsupervised use could result in fire or personal injury.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Do not attempt to repair the appliance. Incorrect reassembly or repair could cause a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when the appliance is used. Return the appliance to an authorized service center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
Do not allow the cord to contact heated surfaces.
Do not pull or twist the cord. Let the appliance cool completely before putting it away. Loop cord loosely around the appliance when storing.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use an extension cord to operate the appliance.
- The surfaces of this appliance may be hot when in use. Do not let heated surfaces touch eyes or skin.
- Do not place the steam nozzle directly on any surface or on the appliance power cord while it is hot or plugged in.
- Unplug this appliance before filling or emptying. Do not overfill.
- Do not operate the steamer without properly filling the water container.
- Never yank cord to disconnect from outlet; instead, grasp plug and pull to disconnect.
- Burns could occur from touching hot parts, hot water, or steam. Use care when removing the water reservoir or when you turn a steam appliance upside down – there may be hot water in the reservoir. Always position the steamer heads away from you and any other person when turning on.
- To reduce the likelihood of circuit overload, do not operate another high wattage appliance on the same circuit.
- When installing or removing attachments, please be sure the unit is off and no steam is being released to avoid contact with hot water.
- Use caution when installing or removing an attachment as it may contain hot water from condensation. Ensure that the attachment is dry or cooled off to avoid contact with hot water.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
- Place the unit on its back on a flat and stable surface.
- While holding the water reservoir with one hand, move the release switch up toward the steam head nozzle.
- Pull the reservoir out, away from the body.
- Turn the reservoir over, revealing the rubber inlet cover.
- Open the inlet cover and fill the reservoir with everyday tap water (filtered water may reduce hard water problems).
- Close the inlet cover and return the reservoir to its place, making sure that it is secure.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR STEAMER
- Plug the unit into the electrical outlet.
- The power light will light up (red). Allow one or two minutes for the unit to warm up. The appliance is ready to use when the ready light goes on (green).
- Holding the steam jets away from you and anyone else in the room, engage the trigger. Steam should now be released from the steam jets. To have continuous steam, just move the switch down so you will have continuous steam without having to hold the trigger. Always have steam facing away from you or anyone in the room.
- When first using the device, test on an old cloth, as there may be sediment left from the manufacturing process or transportation.
- On the back of the steamer, there is a sliding switch for high and low settings. High is for heavier and badly wrinkled fabric and provides faster, hotter, less visible steam. The low setting should be used for delicate fabrics like silk, in combination with a soft cushion brush attachment. To stop the flow of steam, release the trigger or lower the switch.
- Unplug the device when it is not in use.
- To prepare your fabric for steaming, brush it with the soft cushion brush attachment. This will loosen the fibers and allow better steam penetration.
- Hang your garment or fabric.
- Pass the steam jets just above the fabric where the wrinkles are. It may take a few passes to remove the wrinkles completely.
- After use, unplug the steamer and empty any remaining water from the tank to avoid leakage.
- CAUTION: When hanging garment on a door while steaming, be careful not to damage the door with steam
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
(U.S. and Canada Only)
Conair will repair or replace (at our option) your appliance free of charge for 12 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center listed on the back, together with your sales slip and $7.00 for postage and handling. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-3-CONAIR for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period will be 12 months from the date of manufacture.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 12-MONTH DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CONAIR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
150 Milford Road
East Windsor, NJ 08520
7475 N. Glen Harbor Blvd.
Glendale, AZ 85307
For information on any Conair products, call 1-800-3-CONAIR or visit us on the web at www.conair.com
Please register this product at: www.conair.com/registration
©2011 Conair Corporation
East Windsor, NJ 08520
Glendale, AZ 85307
Made in China