CONAIR HLD23TG True Glow Heated Lotion Dispenser Instruction Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electrocution:
- Always unplug this appliance immediately after using.
- Do not use while bathing or in the shower.
- Do not place or store the heated lotion dispenser where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not place in or drop into water or any other liquid.
- Do not reach for the heated lotion dispenser that has fallen into the water. Unplug immediately.
- Unplug the heated lotion dispenser before cleaning.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- The heated lotion dispenser should never be left unattended when plug is in and power is on.
- Close supervision is necessary when the heated lotion dispenser is used by, on or near children or persons with certain disabilities.
- Use the heated lotion dispenser only for its intended purpose as described in the Instruction booklet. Do not use attachments
not recommended by the manufacturer.
Do not pull or twist cord, or wrap cord around machine.
- Never operate the heated lotion dispenser if it has a damaged plug or cord, if it is not working properly, or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped in water. Return appliance to an authorized service center for examination and repair.
- Never drop or insert objects into openings.
- Do not use outdoors. Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Use only on level surface.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never use a tool to remove anything from the dispenser.
- Unplug this appliance before filling. Fill reservoir with lotion. Do not overfill.
- Do not use an extension cord with this appliance.
- Can be used with most brands of hand and body lotions. Not for use with heavy creams.
- Never use while sleeping.
- For household use only
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way.
If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
USING YOUR CONAIR® HEATED LOTION DISPENSER
- Unscrew bottom half of dispenser. Then take your favorite brand of hand or body lotion and empty contents into the bottom half of
the heated lotion dispenser. Typically, most lotion bottles are 16 ounces in size. Your lotion dispenser reservoir was designed to accommodate 16 ounces of lotion.
- After you have filled the reservoir with lotion, screw the reservoir back into the top housing until it is tight. Do not overtighten.
- The heated lotion dispenser heats up only the lotion you use, which will prevent your lotion from drying out. The dispenser must be primed with the unit unplugged. Depress the entire top housing in a downward pumping motion. Repeat this pumping process until a small amount of lotion comes out.
- You are now ready to use your heated lotion dispenser. Plug unit into outlet. Always follow precautions when plugging unit into wall outlet. See IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS and WARNING sections of this instruction booklet for reference.
- After dispenser is plugged into outlet, turn the unit on with the switch on the line cord. A red “Power On” indicator light will appear.
- After two minutes, your heated lotion dispenser is ready to use. (May take longer to heat depending on the type of lotion.)
- Repeat pumping process and dispense lotion into your hands. Apply lotion as you would normally. Enjoy the benefits of your favorite lotion combined with the luxurious feeling of heat.
- When you run out of lotion and wish to refill, if you are using the same brand of lotion, repeat processes 1 through 7. If changing brands of lotion, see section below on “changing lotions.”
When changing to a different brand of lotion, simply unscrew the reservoir and add new lotion, then repeat steps 1 through 7 above. Note that you will have to pump and prime dispenser as noted in step three to flush out old lotion. Repeat pumping process until new lotion is dispensed.
If you wish to clean the reservoir, simply unscrew the bottom reservoir container from your heated lotion dispenser and rinse with warm water in the sink. For a thorough cleaning, you may put the bottom reservoir on the top rack of your dishwasher.
GET TO KNOW YOUR HOT LOTION DISPENSER
Portable, compact and complements any bath, kitchen or office decor.
KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
Everyone knows that electricity and water are a dangerous combination. But did you know that an electric appliance is still electrically live even if the switch is off? If the plug is in, the power is on. So when you are not using your appliances, keep them unplugged.
ALWAYS UNPLUG SMALL APPLIANCES
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Conair will repair or replace (at our option) your unit free of charge for 12 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center listed below, together with your purchase receipt and $3.00 for postage and handling. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-3-CONAIR for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period shall be 12 months from the date of manufacture.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 12-MONTH DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CONAIR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
7475 N. Glen Harbor Blvd.
Glendale, AZ 85307
©2013 Conair Corporation
150 Milford Road
East Windsor, NJ 08520