INSTRUCTION BOOKlET FOR All hP01 MODElS
For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
DO NOT DESTROY
DANGER – To reduce the risk of burns, electric shock, and fire, this product must be used in accordance with the following instructions:
- Read all instructions.
- AlwAYS UNPlUG ThE UNIT FROM ThE ElECTRICAl OUTlET IMMEDIATElY AFTER USING.
- Do not use while sleeping.
- Do not use it on an infant.
- This pad is not to be used on or by any individuals with certain disabilities, sleeping or unconscious person, or a person with poor blood circulation unless carefully attended.
- Do not use on areas of sensitive skin:
- Burns can occur regardless of control setting, check skin under pad frequently.
- Never use a pad without a cover in place.
- Do not use pins or other metallic means to fasten this pad in place.
- Do not sit on or crush pad – avoid sharp folds.
- Never pull this pad by the supply cord.
- Do not use the cord as a handle.
- Carefully examine the inner cover before each use. Discard the pad if the inner covering shows any sign of deterioration.
- Do not tamper with this pad in any way. There are no user-serviceable parts. If for any reason this pad does not function satisfactory, return to the authorized service center at the address given.
- Do not use this pad with liniment, salve or ointment preparations that contain heat-producing ingredients as skin burns could result. Use wherever hot applications are desirable for personal comfort and where recommended by your physician or dentist for the relief of pain.
- Do not use it in an oxygen atmosphere.
- Loop cord loosely when storing, tight wrapping may damage the cord and internal parts.
SAVE ThESE INSTRUCTIONS HEATING PAD COMPONENTS
- Machine Washable Cloth Cover (Figure 1)
- Heating Pad (Figure 2)
- Absorbent Sponge (Figure 3)
- The Cloth Cover must always be used with the Heating Pad. An Absorbent Sponge is provided for moist heat application.
- This heating pad should not be used in the following cases: if you have diabetes, tuberculosis, benign or malignant tumors, phlebitis and thrombosis, hemorrhages, inflammations of the skin, undetermined calf pain or joint pain, or if you have poor circulation. Consult a physician before using if you have any kind of fungal infection, swelling, fracture or persistent pain.
- Consult your physician should you have any therapeutic questions regarding use of this heating pad.
- Do not use on any unexplained pain, or swollen muscles, or following a serious muscular injury before consulting your physician.
- Keep away from children.
- Discontinue use of product if pain increases or swelling occurs after application.
- Do not use it while bathing or showering. Use only in a dry area.
- Consult your doctor before using in case of illness or medical condition, including but not limited to pacemaker use, pregnancy or cancer.
- If you experience pain in a muscle or joint for a prolonged period of time, discontinue use and consult your doctor. Persistent pain could be a symptom of a more serious condition.
- Never use any heating products on open wounds, discolored areas, or any area of the body that is swollen, burned, bruised, inflamed, or where skin eruptions, ulcerated sores, or varicose veins are present.
- This product should never be used by any individual suffering from any ailments that would limit or altogether inhibit the user’s capacity to feel or have any sensation in the body part that this product is being used for.
- Use of this product should be pleasant and comfortable. Should pain or discomfort result, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Ensure that your hands are dry when operating the controls or removing the plug.
HOW TO ASSEMBlE
To assemble the Heating Pad, insert the Heating Pad completely into the Cloth Cover with the electric cord extending out from the Cloth Cover (Figure 4). If moist heat is desired, follow instructions in the “Moist Heat Treatment” section.
To operate the Heating Pad, first, plug the cord into a standard 120V electrical outlet and press the “ON” switch button. The Indicator Light will illuminate to signal the Heating Pad is “ON”. Set the slide switch to choose between Low, Medium, and High levels. Press the “OFF” switch button to turn it off. For maximum benefit, use should not exceed 20 minutes at one time.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
MOIST HEAT TREATMENT
For your safety, never immerse the electric heat wrap in water or any liquid. Make sure the Heating Pad is unplugged. Wet the Absorbent Sponge and squeeze out the excess water.
Insert the damp sponge flat between the Heating Pad and the Cloth Cover. Then use the Heating Pad in a normal fashion. After use, dry the Cloth Cover, Absorbent Sponge, and Heating Pad before storing.
LIMITED THREE YEAR WARRANTY
Conair will repair or replace (at our option) your unit free of charge for 36 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center listed below together with your purchase receipt and $3.00 for postage and handling. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-366-0937 for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period shall be 36 months from the date of manufacture.
ANY IMPlIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR lIABIlITIES, INClUDING BUT NOT lIMITED TO ThE IMPlIED WARRANTY OF MERChANTABIlITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICUlAR PURPOSE, SHAll BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 36 MONTH DURATION OF HIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EvENT ShAll CONAIR BE lIABlE FOR ANY SPECIAl, INCIDENTAl, OR CONSEQUENTIAl DAMAGES FOR BREACh OF ThIS OR ANY OThER wARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPlIED, WHATSOEVER Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Esta garantía le otorga derechos legales específicos y usted puede tener otros derechos que varían de un Estado a otro.
7475 North Glen Harbor Blvd.
Glendale, AZ 85307
Visit us on the web at: www.conair.com
©2015 Conair Corporation
East Windsor, NJ 08520
Glendale, AZ 85307