CONAIR SFB5RX True Glow Waterproof and Rechargeable Sonic Facial Brush User Guide
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE SONIC FACIAL BRUSH
- Close super vision is required when this product is used on, by or near children or people with certain disabilities.
- Use product only for its intended use as described in this instruction booklet. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never use while sleepy or drowsy.
- Do not use outdoors or where oxygen is being administered.
- Never operate if the product is damaged.
- Do not operate the charger if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged or if it has been dropped into water.
- Do not place or store the charging base where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not immerse charging base in water or any other liquids.
- If charging base falls into water or another liquid, unplug immediately.
- Use only with Conair-supplied power adapter Model CA53.
- Not for use by children. Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Plug the adapter into the main outlet after check- ing that the voltage matches the listed technical data for the main outlet to be used
(Input: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz, Output: 6.0V DC 120 mA). The adapter is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor-mount position. For connection to a supply not in the USA, use an attachment plug adapter of the proper configuration for the power outlet.
The True Glow® Sonic Facial Brush handle and charger have no serviceable parts. If the charger cord is damaged, it must be unplugged and replaced. Call 1-800-3-CONAIR for instructions or to purchase replacement brush heads.
SENSITIVITY AND CAUTIONS SPECIAL CAUTIONS FOR DELICATE AREAS
The True Glow® Sonic Facial Brush is a face and body cleansing device that is intended to help you get clean and healthy-looking skin. The True Glow® Sonic Facial Brush is not a medical device and is not intended to be used to treat any medical conditions such as acne.
If you are under a doctor’s care for any skin condition or if you think you have very sensitive skin, please consult your physician before use.
We recommend starting on the LOW setting and slowly increasing speed depending on how your skin reacts to treatment. If rash or irritation occurs, stop use.
We recommend not sharing the brush heads; each user should have his/her own brush head.
NOTE: Removing makeup can cause the brush head to discolor. However, this will not affect performance and the brush head can be used for the entire recommended life of 90 days.
If you experience any pain or discomfort during use, stop using and consult your physician.
Moisten your face and apply cleanser. Also apply a small amount of cleanser to the moistened brush head. Do not apply pressure with the brush to the face; let the sonic oscillation perform the cleansing. When finished, rinse with water and dry skin with a clean towel.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
TRUE GLOW® SONIC FACIAL BRUSH FEATURES
3 SPEED OPTIONS
The 3 speeds available on your True Glow® Sonic Facial Brush allow you to customize your facial cleansing routine to suit your individual needs.
FACIAL BRUSH: To reduce areas of dry skin, oily patches and visible blemishes.
SONIC FACIAL BRUSH: Gently massages skin for a brighter, cleaner glow! Soft silicone helps clean skin without irritation or redness.
NOTE: Your True Glow® Sonic Facial Brush may only include certain attachments. See retailer for replacement parts, brushes or attachments call 1-800-3-CONAIR or visit www.trueglowbyconair.com
Timer allows consistent treatment in each of the 6 facial cleansing zones (see diagram) with a beep after 10 seconds of treatment. The unit also safely shuts off in 60 seconds.
The True Glow® Sonic Facial Brush is waterproof and can be used in the shower. It cannot be submerged in water.
The True Glow® Sonic Facial Brush is cordless and requires a full charge before use. After unit is fully charged, it can provide up to 30 minutes of use without recharging.
CHARGING THE SONIC FACIAL BRUSH
- Before using the sonic facial brush for the first time, it must be fully charged for 16 hours. Plug the power adapter into a wall outlet and plug the DC jack into the back of the charger base. Place the sonic cleansing brush into the base and be sure the LED begins to pulse in BLUE, indicating that the unit is charging.
- The charging indicator around the button will begin to pulse in BLUE during charging. Once fully charged, the light will turn a solid BLUE. Always check to ensure that the charging light illuminates when you place the sonic facial brush in the charging stand.
- The BLUE light will start flashing when the unit reaches low battery capacity during operation.
- The adapter may become warm while charging; this is normal operation.
- In order to maintain the optimum capacity of the rechargeable batteries, the sonic facial brush should be given a full 14-hour continuous charge every 3 months.
- Unplug the adapter from the wall and the base when not in use. Do not unplug the adapter from the wall when it is still connected to the unit. This will cause the battery to discharge.
STARTING THE SONIC FACIAL BRUSH AND SELECTING THE SPEEDS
Press the ON/OFF button 1 time for HIGH setting, 2 times for MEDIUM setting and 3 times for LOW setting. 3 lights indicate HIGH speed, 2 indicate MEDIUM speed, 1 indicates LOW speed.
AUTOMATIC 6-ZONE CLEANSING CYCLE
Once the sonic brush is started, it will beep every 10 seconds to change the position on your face. It will shut off at 60 seconds after completing the cycle. You can change speeds during the cycle by pressing the ON/OFF button until you get to desired setting.
STOPPING THE SONIC FACIAL BRUSH
At any time, the sonic brush can be stopped by pressing and holding the ON/OFF button for more than 1 second.
ATTACHING AND REMOVING YOUR BRUSH HEAD
To attach the brush, hold the brush by the rim and press over mounting post until it firmly snaps into place. To remove, hold the rim and pull off.
- Wet your face and apply sufficient cleanser. Also apply a small amount of cleanser to the wet brush head.
- Turn the brush on and select desired speed. We recommend starting on LOW and increasing speed depending on how your skin reacts to treatment.
- Do not press the brush hard against your skin as it will reduce the motion and effectiveness. Keep the brush in light contact and flush against the skin.
- Move the brush in a slow, circular motion around your face. Let the sonic oscillation do the cleansing.
NOTE: Do not apply treatment close to the eyes to avoid risk of injury
NOTE: 10 SECONDS AT EACH LOCATION 1 CYCLE = 60 SECONDS
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
CARING FOR YOUR TRUE GLOW® SONIC FACIAL BRUSH
- After each use, wipe the brush handle with a damp cloth to remove any oils or lotions used during treatment. Be sure you keep the charging contacts on the sonic brush clean so that the unit continues to charge properly.
- Once a week, unplug the DC jack and clean the charger base to prevent buildup of oils and lotions. The 2 pin contacts must be clean for the unit to charge properly.
- Clean unit thoroughly each week by rinsing under warm, soapy water to help remove oil and lotion buildup, wipe with a dry cloth and store unit in its box or in a clean, dry place.
- Remove brush head once a week and rinse under warm, soapy water to remove residue accumulated during treatment. Allow brush heads to air-dry. Store in a clean, dry place.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners for cleaning.
- Do not put unit in dishwasher for cleaning.
- When storing the brush off the unit, use the protective cover. This will prevent the bristles from deforming.
NOTE: It is recommended to replace the brush attachments every 90 days, as the bristles wear over time and lose their efficacy.
|THE SONIC BRUSH IS NOT CHARGING. NO ILLUMINATING BLUE LIGHT.
THE CHARGING LIGHT DOES NOT
TURN TO SOLID BLUE.
|THE SONIC BRUSH WILL NOT TURN OFF.||You must hold the OWOFF button for more than 1 second to tum the unit off.|
|THE BRUSH HEAD VIBRATES OR FALLS OFF DURING USE.||
Contains nickel metal hydride batteries. Must be collected, recycled or disposed of properly. Do not dispose of in the municipal waste. Under various state and local laws, it is illegal to dispose of this battery in the municipal waste stream. The EPA-certified RBRC™ battery recycling seal on the nickel metal hydride (Ni-Mh) battery indicates Conair is voluntarily participating in an industry program to collect and recycle these batteries at the end of their useful life, when taken out of service in the United States or Canada. The RBRC™ programprovides a convenient alternative to placing the used Ni-Mh batteries in the trash or the municipal waste stream, which may be illegal in your area. Please call 1-800-8-BATTERY for information on Ni-Mh battery recycling and disposal bans/restrictions in your area. Conair’s involvement in this program is part of our commitment to preserving our environment and conserving our natural resources.
RBRC™ is a trademark of the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation.
The batteries are sealed inside the True Glow® Sonic Facial Brush handle, so they cannot be easily removed for recycling. The entire True Glow® Sonic Facial Brush handle should be returned when recycling the batteries for this product.
LIMITED ONE-YEAR WARRANTY (U.S. AND CANADA ONLY)
Conair will repair or replace (at our option) your unit free of charge for 12 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center listed together with your purchase receipt. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-3-CONAIR for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period shall be 12 months from the date of manufacture. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 12-MONTH DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. IN NO EVENT SHALL CONAIR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
WARNING: IF YOU THINK THE POWER IS OFF WHEN THE SWITCH IS OFF, YOU’RE WRONG.
KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
Everyone knows that electricity and water are a dangerous combination. But did you know that an electrical appliance is still electrically live even if the switch is off? If the plug is in, the power is on. So when you are not using your appliances, keep them unplugged.
ALWAYS UNPLUG SMALL APPLIANCES
WARNING: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
CAUTION: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by Conair Corporation, the manufacturer of this product and the party responsible for compliance, could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.