INSTRUCTION BOOKLET FOR MODEL WM7
For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using it.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into the water. Unplug immediately.
- Do not use it while bathing or in a shower. Use only in a dry area.
- Do not place or store appliances where they fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
Do not place or drop into water or other liquids.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use, and before putting on or taking off parts.
- This massager is not a toy!
- Consult your doctor before using in case of pregnancy illness, medical condition, or persistent pain.
- Do not use on any unexplained pain or swollen muscles, or following a serious injury, before consulting your physician.
- Do not use massager in close proximity to loose clothing or jewelry.
- Keep long hair away from massager while in use.
- Do not operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- This appliance should not be used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by Conair.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a service center for examination and repair.
- Do not carry this appliance by the power supply cord or use the cord as a handle.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert any object into the product.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Ensure that your hands are dry when operating the controls or removing the plug.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the OFF position, then remove the plug from the outlet.
- This appliance is for household use only.
- Never use while sleeping or drowsy.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Use heated surface carefully. May cause serious burns. Do not use over insensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of heat by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
- Burns may result from improper use.
- Temperatures sufficiently high to cause burns may occur regardless of the control setting. Do not use on an infant, individuals with certain disabilities, or on a sleeping or unconscious person. Check the skin in contact with the heated area of the appliance frequently to reduce the risk of injury.
SAVE THIS INSTRUCTION
- Consult your doctor before using in case of illness or medical condition, including but not limited to pacemaker use, pregnancy, cancer, infection, fracture, or persistent pain.
- Do not use if you have any of the following conditions: diabetes, tuberculosis, benign or malignant tumors, phlebitis or thrombosis, hemorrhages, open or fresh wounds, ulcerated sores, varicose veins, poor circulation or bruised, discolored, burned, broken, swollen, or inflamed skin or heat sensitivity.
- This product should not be used by any individual suffering from a condition that limits or altogether inhibits the user’s capacity to feel or have sensation in any part of the body.
- If you experience pain in a muscle or joint for a prolonged period of time, discontinue use and consult your doctor. Persistent pain could be a symptom of a more serious condition.
- Use of this product should be pleasant and comfortable. Should pain or discomfort result, discontinue use and consult your physician.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plugin anyway.
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
- Your massager is designed for household use and is virtually maintenance-free. No lubrication is needed. To clean the head and body of the massager, use a damp cloth with soap and water only. Do not use any strong chemical cleaners.
- If the cord or massager is damaged or does not operate properly, return it to an authorized service center. Any required servicing should be performed by a Conair authorized service center.
- Never allow the power supply cord to be excessively pulled or twisted. Inspect the cord frequently for damage. Stop use immediately if the damage is visible or the unit stops or operates intermittently. Never wrap the cord around the appliance.
When not in use, your massager should be disconnected and stored in a safe, dry location, out of reach of children.
RECOMMENDED MASSAGING TIMES
- Generally, a massage should last 10 to 15 minutes on any muscle of the body.
Treatment may be applied once or twice daily.
- As people’s metabolisms vary, so do their responses to massage. You will soon know how to adjust the time to suit your particular needs and personal comfort. If you have any doubts regarding treatment, we recommend you consult your physician.
HOW TO USE
- Make sure the switch is in the OFF (0) position and hold the main body firmly before plugging the unit into a power source.
- Install the desired accessory on the massager’s head. Massage tight and stiff muscle areas with the speed controller in the LOW (I) position. Apply little pressure at first.
- Next, after having relaxed the tight spots, set the speed controller to HIGH (II).
Apply more pressure and massage previously treated areas. Never press too hard.
- Always finish with a soft massage, with low pressure and low speed.
- If the 3-in. full-body heat attachment or 2-in. full-body heat attachment is installed, slide the heat button to the ON position to initiate heat function.
The red LED will illuminate. Slide to OFF position to turn off.
- When not in use, your massager should be disconnected and stored in a safe, dry location, out of reach of children.
Massage from the center of the chest outward and up toward each shoulder.
Massage from top of the spine to bottom, around shoulder blades, and from the center outward.
Massage from the center outward in a gentle circular motion to relax abdominal muscles.
Begin at the calf, moving up in a circular motion; continue to thighs.
Hands and Arms:
Begin by gently massaging palms of hands and fingers; move upward to forearms in a circular motion, then up to biceps and shoulder muscles.
Work from the shoulder up – to behind and above the ear.
Massage from the heel to the toes in a tight, circular motion.
GET TO KNOW YOUR MASSAGER
|Pinpoint Massager Head
relaxes and soothes large muscle groups
|3-in. Full Body Heat
stimulates muscles to relax and soothes larger areas with a heated massage
|2-in. Full Body Heat
stimulates muscles to relax and soothes a specific area with pinpoint heat and massage
|Whole Scalp & Body Massage Head
gently massage all areas of the face
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
(U.S. and Canada Only)
Conair will repair or replace (at our option) your appliance free of charge for 12 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center listed on the back, together with your sales slip and $7.00 for postage and handling. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-3-CONAIR for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period will be 12 months from the date of manufacture. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 12-MONTH DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CONAIR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Please register this product at: www.conair.com/registration
7475 North Glen Harbor Blvd.
Glendale, AZ 85307
Visit us on the web at: www.conair.com
©2015 Conair Corporation
East Windsor, NJ 08520
Glendale, AZ 85307