Model No. JC-128UEX-F
Please read and understand this manual before any assembly or use of this product.
Before beginning assembly of product, make sure all parts are present.
Customer Service: [email protected]
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||20.3” x 21.7” x 31.5”|
|Net capacity||128 L|
|Capacity bottle||37 Bottles|
|Temperature range||4-16 °C|
|Rated Voltage / Frequency||115 V / 60 Hz|
|Noise lvel (dB)||42 dB|
General Safety Rules
Before you use your wine cooler, please read this owner’s manual carefully.
Use this appliance only for its intended purpose as described in this owner’s manual.
- DANGER: Risk of child entrapment. Before you throw away your old wine cooler or freezer: Take off the door.
- Leave the shelves in place so that children may not easily climb inside.
- The appliance must be correctly installed and connected to the power supply in accordance with the installation instructions before it is used. (See “Installation”)
- The main power supply must be properly grounded.
- This wine cooler must be positioned so that the plug is accessible. Never unplug your unit often by pulling on the power cord. Always grasp the plug ﬁrmly and pull straight out from the outlet.
- Do not use an extension cord as this can negatively affect the performance of the eunit.
- When transporting the wine cooler, keep the unit in the upright position. Do not tilt the appliance beyond 45° or place the unit in an upside-down position. Do not tip over.
- Do not touch the cooled surfaces while the appliance operates, especially not with wet hands, because the skin may stick to the cold surfaces.
- It is recommended that the wine cooler be positioned away from any combustible sources such as gas, petrol, alcohol, lacquer, oil, etc. These materials should not be stored
in the wine cooler under any circumstances.
- If the unit fails to cool properly and food items get spoiled, dispose of spoiled food as needed.
- Unplug your unit before cleaning or before making any repairs. NOTE: If for any reason this product requires service, we strongly recommend that a certiﬁed technician perform the service. Repairs made by non-qualiﬁed personnel will void the warranty.
- Do not defrost the appliance with other electric devices (hairdryer, etc.) and never scrape the ice or frost layer with sharp tools. Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- The rating plate is located inside the appliance or outside on the rear or sidewall.
- This appliance is not intended for use by people (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they
have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not run cord over carpeting or other heat insulators. Do not cover the power cord. Keep cord away from traffic areas, and do not submerge in water. if the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent or a similarly qualiﬁed person in order to avoid a hazard. Repair or replace immediately all electric service cords that have become frayed or otherwise damaged. Do not use a cord that shows cracks or abrasion damage along its length, the plug or the connector end.
- Do not operate your wine cooler in the presence of explosive fumes.
WARNING: Do not allow an open ﬂame or ﬁre near the unit.
DANGER: Risk of ﬁre or explosion. Flammable refrigerant used. This appliance can be repaired by trained service personnel only. Do not puncture refrigerant tubing.
All safety precautions must be followed.
• Risk of ﬁre or explosion. Dispose of property in accordance with federal or local regulations. Flammable refrigerant used.
• Risk of ﬁre or explosion. Flammable refrigerant used. Do not open appliance or attempt to service this unit.
• Risk of ﬁre or explosion due to puncture of refrigerant tubing; follow handling instructions carefully. Flammable refrigerant used.
NOTE: Staple your receipt to your manual. You will need it to obtain warranty service
READ & SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Parts and Features
|4||1||Touch Control Panel|
Unpacking your Wine Cooler
- Remove all packaging material. This includes the foam base and all adhesive tape holding the wine cooler accessories inside and outside.
- Inspect and remove any remaining packing, tape or printed materials before powering on the wine cooler.
Levelling your Wine Cooler
- Your wine cooler has two levelling legs which are located in the front corners. After properly placing your wine cooler in its ﬁnal position, you can level your wine cooler.
- Levelling legs can be adjusted by turning them clockwise to lower your wine cooler or by turning them counterclockwise to raise your wine cooler. The wine cooler door will close more easily when the two front levelling legs are extended slightly.
Proper Air Circulation
- To ensure that your wine cooler works at the maximum efficiency it was designed for, you should install it in a location where there is proper air circulation and electrical connections.
- The following are recommended clearances around the appliance:
Sides…………….. 2” (50mm)
Top ………………. 2” (50mm)
Back …………….. 2” (50mm)
- Do not overﬁll your wine cooler for proper cooling.
NOTE: If your wine cooler has been tilted for any reason, wait 24 hours before plugging it in.
• Ensure the drip tray in the rear of the unit is in the proper position.
WARNING: ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS – SHOCK HAZARD
- Make sure there is a suitable power outlet (115 volts, 15 amp outlet) with proper grounding to power the wine cooler.
- Avoid the use of three-prong adapters or cutting off the third grounding prong in order to accommodate a two-prong outlet. This is a dangerous practice since it provides no effective grounding for the wine coller and may result in chock hazard.
- Do not install your wine cooler in any location not properly insulated or heated (e.g. garage, etc.). Your wine cooler was not designed to operate in ambient temperature settings below 13˚C.
- Select a suitable location for the wine cooler on a hard-even surface away from direct sunlight or heat source (e.g. radiators, baseboard heaters, cooking appliances, etc.). Any ﬂoor unevenness should be corrected with the levelling legs located on the front and rear bottom corners of the wine cooler.
- Your wine cooler is designed for freestanding installation only. It is not designed for built-in applications.
NOTE: This unit is for indoor use only.
Use of Extension Cords
Avoid the use of an extension cord because of potential safety hazards under conditions.
- Plug the unit into a functional electrical outlet. You will hear a beep, which is normal. The display will revert to the actual internal temperature.
- The control panel will be active. You must press before accessing any of the control pads.
Control Panel Settings
The temperature of your wine cooler can be adjusted in a range of 4°C to 16°C.
The LED display shows the actual internal temperature. Your wine cooler when it is ﬁrst turned on, will have a factory setting of 8°C.
NOTE: It is normal for the actual temperature to vary slightly during normal operation.
Control Panel Auto-Lock
Your wine cooler has an automatic control panel lock. You may manually activate or deactivate the control panel lock by pressing the control pad To operate any of the functions on the control panel, press the control pad before making a selection. The control panel lock will automatically activate if the control panel is not touched for 30 seconds.
Manual Temperature Setting
The temperature of your wine cooler can be adjusted in a range of 4°C to 16°C.
The temperature may be set anywhere within this range by pressing the ∇ and Δ pads. The temperature can be displayed in Celsius only.
- Press the control pad .
- After the beep, press the ∇ or Δ pad to increase or decrease the temperature in increments of one degree. The LED readout will reﬂect each change to the temperature setting.
- Once the desired setting has been reached, press the control panel pad.
Interior Light (see Fig. 1)
- To complement the look of your wine cooler, a soft light has been built into the wine
- Simply push the pad and the light comes on, push again to turn off. For maximum energy efficiency, leave the light off when not viewing your wine cooler’s contents.
PLEASE NOTE: The light will not turn “ON” if the locking function is activated.
Shelving (See Fig. 2)
To remove or replace a full-width slide-out shelf:
1. Gently tilt the shelf up and slide forward until the shelf has been completely removed.
2. To replace the shelf, gently slide the shelf back.
Normal Operating Sounds
• Boiling water, gurgling sounds, or slight vibrations that are the result of the refrigerant circulating through the cooling coils.
• Compressor makes operational sounds when cycling on and off.
WARNING: To avoid electric shock, always unplug your wine cooler before cleaning. Ignoring this warning may result in death or injury.
CAUTION: Before using cleaning products, always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions and warnings to avoid personal injury or product damage.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda mixed with warm water.
Use sponge or soft cloth, dampened with the cleaning solution, to wipe down your wine cooler.
- Rinse with clean warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, abrasives, ammonia, chlorine bleach, concentrated detergents, solvents or metal scouring pads. Some of these chemicals may damage and/or discolour your wine cooler.
• Clean door gaskets every three months according to general instructions. Gaskets must be kept clean and pliable to assure a proper seal.
• Petroleum jelly applied lightly on the hinge side of gaskets will keep the gasket pliable and ensure a good seal.
Defrosting Your Wine Cooler
Your wine cooler includes a manual defrosting feature. The wine cooler surfaces will defrost when the unit is unplugged. Water from the unit is eliminated automatically, by being channeled onto a drip tray located on the compressor. Heat transfer from the compressor causes this water to evaporate.
• Occasionally there may be power interruptions due to thunderstorms or other causes. Unplug your wine cooler from AC outlet when a power outage occurs. When power has
been restored, plug power cord to AC outlet.
• The unit will revert to the factory setting of 8°C after any power outage. Reset your temperature selection.
Vacation and Moving Care
For long vacations or absences, empty wine cooler contents, unplug the unit and clean the wine cooler and door gaskets according to “General cleaning” section. Prop door open, so air can circulate inside. When moving, always move the wine cooler vertically. Do not move with the unit lying down. Possible damage to the sealed system could occur.
|Control Panel does not respond||• Check if control panel locking function is on.|
|Wine cooler does not operate||• Check if wine cooler is plugged in.
• Check if there is power at the AC outlet, by checking the circuit breaker.
• Check if power pad is on.
|Temperature appears too warm||• Frequent door openings.
• Allow time for recently added beverages to reach proper temperature.
• Check gaskets for proper seal.
• Adjust temperature control to cooler setting.
|Temperature is too cold||• If temperature control setting is too cold, adjust to a warmer
setting and allow several hours for temperature to adjust.
|Wine cooler runs too frequently||• This may be normal to maintain constant temperature during high
temperature and humid days.
• Door may have been opened frequently or for an extended period
• Check gasket for proper seal.
• Check to see if door is completely closed.
|Moisture build-up on interior or exterior of the wine cooler||• This is normal during high humidity periods.
• Prolonged or frequent door openings.
• Check door gaskets for proper seal.
|Wine cooler door does not shut properly||• Level the wine cooler.
• Check for blockages.
Your Coolworks wine cooler has warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. Please keep your proof of purchase (receipt) for any warranty claims. Warranty does not cover wear and tear, and damages arisen from misuse or use not in accordance with the product instructions.
Printed in China