MoFlow Air Filter Assembly
California Air Resource Board EO# D-668
Legal for use in California
- Remove the stock air cleaner and crankcase breather hardware. Remove the black metal plate that connects the throttle body to the heads and discard where applicable. Refer to the manufacturer service manual.
- Clean the carburetor inlet face and both the crankcase breather o-ring surfaces. Remove all dust and/or grease.
- Install gasket supplied with the new kit. Be careful to line up all the holes.
- On all XL’s, `06 Dyna’s & `07 Delphi must use Plastic spacer supplied in kit between gasket and throttle body. This has to be used with the above models!
- Locate the new base assembly. Be sure the four o-rings are installed in the grooves. Tip: If the o-rings do not stay in the grooves a small amount of grease can be applied to the o-ring to keep it in place for installation.
- Install the base assembly with two banjo bolts and four flat washers but do not tighten the banjo bolts fully at this time.
- Install three button head bolts through the base into the carburetor / throttle body. Note: Fuel injection applications may require loosening the intake manifold for proper alignment. (Be sure to retighten after alignment.)
- Torque the button head bolts to 3-5 ft-lbs (36-60 in-lbs) and the banjo bolts to 10-12 ft-lbs (120-144 in-lbs).
- Install the silver velocity stack onto the base. Note: The velocity stack is a slip fit.
- Install the Air Aide air filter element. Note: The chrome cover holds the filter and the velocity stack in place.
- Install the chrome cover with three hex head bolts.
- Torque the hex head bolts to 3-5 ft-lbs (36-60 in-lbs).
Tip: Do not force the cover in place. Check the Filter and Velocity Stack for proper location.
Tip: Use of “Loctite” is required with this kit. Two drops should be applied to every bolt just before the bolt is to be installed.
DO NOT INSTALL THIS UNIT WITHOUT APPLYING LOCKTITE
TO EVERY SCREW, NUT OR BOLT!
*After this installation it is recommended that the engine air fuel ratio be checked.
*Carburetor should be checked accordingly within California (CARB) guidelines.
*Fuel injected models are to be remapped accordingly within California (CARB) guidelines using an approved remapping device such as a Zippers T-MAX 50
*Check ALL the fasteners every 2500 miles for proper torque.
Thank-you for using our products!
Our Warranty Policy
Cycle Visions’ obligation under “Our Warranty Policy” is limited to one (1) year from date of purchase to repair or replacement of the defective item (s). Chrome, polished, powder-coated, anodized finishes, or electrical parts are limited to thirty (30) day from date of purchase.
This warranty will be void on all products that show evidence of misapplication, improper installation, abuse, lack of proper maintenance, negligence, or alteration from their original design.
The consumer will be responsible for removing from the vehicle any defective item (s), transportation costs prepaid and for reinstallation upon return by Cycle Visions. The loss of use of the product, loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss or consequential damages is not covered. Cycle Visions reserves the right to change the design of any product without assuming any obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Warranty returns of Cycle Visions products are few because of our high quality products.
Carefully inspect all parts…. If you find that your parts arrived in damaged conditional all original packaging material (box and other materials) must be saved to make a proper damage claim within seven (7) days. You must be able to present the damaged boxes and materials to the freight carrier to verify your claim. The user shall assume all legal, personal, injury risk and liability and all other obligations, duties and risks associated therewith.