Digital Temple Thermometer
IMPORTANT ! Read instruction manual before using thermometer
Important Things to Know…………………..2
Preparation for Use…………………….5
How to Operate the
Cleaning and Care……………………..10
Troubleshooting and Special Indications……………………………….11
- Install batteries into the thermometer making sure the polarity is correct.
2. Press and release the POWER button. Unit will beep once. Wait until it beeps again twice and only °F shows in the display.
Do not place the probe to the temple before the2 beeps or while the hour glass is still displayed.
3.Place and hold the thermometer probe firmly to the skin at the temple, wait several seconds for the device to beep once more.
Once you place the probe to the temple, there isno need to press the POWER button again. Doing so will turn the unit off.
4.Read the temperature on the display.
SIZE AAA 1.5V x 2 (included)
ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE
Important Things to Know
- Use the thermometer to measure your temple temperature only, the area be- tween the outer corner of the eye and the hairline, over the temporal artery.
- Do not place the thermometer on scarred tissue, open sores or abrasions.
- Using drug therapies can raise skin temperature, which may lead to incorrect measurements.
- Do not dismantle the unit except to replace the batteries.
- Children should not use the ther- mometer without adult supervision.
- Do not drop or expose thermometer to electric shock as this may adversely affect its performance.
- The thermometer is not waterproof. Do not immerse it in water or liquid of any kind.
- To ensure correct readings, wait at least 2 minutes between continuous measurements for the thermometer to return to room temperature.
- Do not use the thermometer around flammable materials.
- Stop using the thermometer if malfunctions appear or if it operates abnormally.
- Clean the thermometer probe after each measurement.
- Do not take a measurement if the temple area has just been exposedto direct sunlight, fireplace heat or air conditioner flow, as this may lead to incorrect readings.
- If thermometer has been kept or stored in a cold temperature, please wait at least 1 hour for it to return to room temperature before measuring.
- Performance of the thermometer may be degraded if the unit is operated or stored outside the stated temperature or humidity ranges, or if the patient’s temperature is below room temp.
- Body temperature, like blood pressure, varies from person to person. During the day, it can range from 95.9°F to 100.0°F (35.5 to 37.8°C). For some people there can be a difference be- tween their temple and body temp. We recommend learning what your normal temple temperature is while healthy so you can detect an elevated one when you become ill. For accuracy, be sure to measure the same area of the temple each time.
- 16. Avoid taking a measurement for at least 30 minutes after physical exercise, bathing or eating.
- Make sure the temporal area is dry and clean of sweat, make-up, etc.
- The device is intended for consumer use only.
- Calibration is recommended every two years.
What are normal temperature values?
Human body temperature varies from person to person. Also, a person’s body temperature can fluctuate throughout the day. Theretofore is very important to know your normal body temperature range. Therefore, were commend you measure your self when healthy to establish referenced temperatures which will make you feel more confident of the measured temperature readings when ill.
Preparation for Use
Preparation for Use
- Pull the battery cover off in the direction shown.
- 2.Prior to installing new batteries you must clean the metal contact ends of the batteries and the metal springs and contacts for the batteries in the battery compartment.
- Install 2 new “AAA” batteries into the battery compartment matching correct polarities.
- Replace the battery cover securely
- Do not dispose of batteries in regular household trash, refer to your local disposal laws and manage as hazardous waste.
- Do not recharge, put in backwards, disassemble or dispose of batteries in fire. Doing so may result in explosion, leakage and injury.
- Replace both batteries at the same time. Do not mix old and new ones.
- Never mix alkaline, standard (carbon- zinc) or rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries.
How to Operate the thermometer
1.Press the button to turn on the unit. A beep sound follows.
2. The last memory is displayed.
3. You will hear 2 beeps with the measuring scale shown as Figure 4.
4. Put the thermometer on the temple. It will beep one time to present measurement completion.
5. The display will light according to the reading. Please refer to table below.
6. If the temperature reading is over 99.5°F(37.5°C), eight consecutive beeps will be heard to indicate fever alarm.
7. Once the measurement is done, you will hear 2 beeps indicating the reading has been recorded and it is ready to take the next measurement. However, we do not recommend consecutive measurements.
8. Turn off the unit by pressing the POWER button, or the unit will automatically turn off (and beep)after 1 minute of inactivity.
Switching between Fahrenheit and Centigrade Scale:
You can switch between °F and °C scales. Within 3 seconds after turning on the device, again press and hold the POWER button. The display will show “CH” with “°F” or “°C”.
- Begin with the unit turned off.
- Press the POWER button and hold for approximately 3 seconds until the most recent memory is shown, then release.
- Press and release the button again and again to scroll through the remaining previous memories.
4. When you are finished viewing stored memories, discontinue pressing the button. After a short pause, you will hear 2 beeps indicating the unit is ready to take a new measurement.
If you choose to delete memories on the thermometer, this may be done after step 2 or 3 of Recalling Memories.
It is not necessary to delete memories, it is simply an option. Oldest memories will automatically be deleted as you take new measurements. Removing the batteries will also delete all memories from the unit.
~ NOTE ~ ALL memories will be deleted in this process, you cannot delete just one single memory
- As you are scrolling through and viewing stored memories, at any time you may press and hold the POWER button for 3 seconds until dEL displays – then release the button.
2. While dEL is still displayed, press and release* the POWER button once more to finish the delete process. OFF will show on the display and all stored memories are now deleted.
*If you do not press and release the POWER button in this step, the thermometer will return to recalling memories
Cleaning and Care
This thermometer (batteries excluded) is guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase against manufacturer’s defect under normal use and without evidence of tampering.
• Device is not properly operated according to the instructions as described in the manual.
• Device shows any signs of tampering or attempted modification.
• It is at the full discretion of 180 iNNOVATIONSM determine if any visible or notable attempts have been made to tamper, modify, atter or disassemble the device, therefore voiding the warranty.
• Evidence of improper handling or storing, such as dropping. heat, liquid or cleaner damage.
• Natural disasters (such as fire, flood, earthquake, lightening).
• No receipt or proof of purchase showing date of purchase.
Following the instructions closely will ensure years of dependable operator.
If the thermometer is not functioning, first check the batteries. Replace if necessary.
NOTE: POTENTIAL FOR RADIORELEVISION INTERFERENCE (USA ONLY)
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1) This device may not cause harmful Interference, and
2) This device most accept any’ nterference receNed, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This product has been Meted and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to pad 15 of the FCC rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interferonce in a residential installation. The product generates, uses, and can radiate radio heguency energy and, if not installed and used In accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference te radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that Interference will not occur in a particular installation. If the product does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the product on and off, the user is encouraged to try to correct the intederrence by one or mere of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna,
• Increase the separation between the product and the receiver.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help,
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!