Smart Wi-Fi Weather Station
LCD Colour Display
*Smartphone not included
ABOUT THIS USER’S MANUAL
This symbol represents a warning. To ensure safe use, always adhere to the instructions described in this documentation.
This symbol is followed by a user’s tip.
- Keeping and reading the “User manual” is highly recommended. The manufacturer and supplier cannot accept any responsibility for any incorrect readings, export data lost and any consequences that occur should an inaccurate reading take place.
- The images shown in this manual may differ from the actual display.
- The contents of this manual may not be reproduced without the permission of the manufacturer.
- Technical specifications and user manual contents for this product are subject to change without notice.
- This product is not to be used for medical purposes or for public information.
- Do not subject the unit to excessive force, shock, dust, temperature, or humidity.
- Do not cover the ventilation holes with any items such as newspapers, curtains, etc.
- Do not immerse the unit in water. If you spill liquid over it, dry it immediately with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Do not clean the unit with abrasive or corrosive materials.
- Do not tamper with the unit’s internal components. This invalidates the warranty.
- Placement of this product on certain types of wood may result in damage to its finishing for which the manufacturer will not be responsible. Consult the furniture manufacturer’s care instructions for information.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- This product is intended for use only with the adaptor provided: Manufacturer: HUAXU Electronics Factory Model: HX075-0501000-AA.
- The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and easily be accessible.
- When replacement parts are required, be sure the service technician uses replacement parts specified by the manufacturer that have the same characteristics as the original parts. Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electric shock, or other hazards.
- This product is not a toy. Keep out of reach of children.
- The console is intended to be used only indoors.
- Place the console at least 20cm from nearby people.
- This device is only suitable for mounting at a height of less than 2m.
- When disposing of this product, ensure it is collected separately for special treatment.
- CAUTION! Risk of explosion if the battery is replaced by an incorrect type.
- The battery cannot be subjected to high or low extreme temperatures, and low air pressure at high altitudes during use, storage, or transportation, if not, it may result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
- Disposal of a battery into fire or a hot oven, or mechanically crushing or cutting of a battery can result in an explosion.
- Do not ingest the battery, Chemical Burn Hazard.
- This product contains a coin/button cell battery. If the coin/button cell battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children.
- If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children.
- If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
- Only use new batteries. Do not mix new and old batteries.
- Dispose of used batteries according to the instructions.
- Replacement of a battery with an incorrect type can result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
Thank you for selecting the SMART Wi-Fi Weather Station. The console has a WiFi module built-in and through its smart system, it is compatible with the Tuya IOT platform. Through the Smart Life App, you can view the temperature and humidity of the main console and wireless sensor(s), check history records, set high/low alarms, and trigger tasks anywhere.
This system comes with a wireless thermo-hydro sensor and can support up to 7 additional sensors (optional). The user can monitor and set multi-trigger tasks to control other Tuya compatible devices according to the specific conditions.
The colorful LCD display shows the readings clearly and tidy. This system is a truly IoT system for you and your home.
This instruction manual contains useful information on the proper use and care of this product.
Please read this manual through to fully understand and enjoy its features, and keep it handy for future use.
|1 . [ ALARM/SNOOZE ] key
2 . LCD display
3 . [ CHANNEL/+ ] key
4 . [ MODE/ALARM ] key
5 . [ MAX/MIN/- ] key
6 . [ HI/LO ] slide switch
|7 . [ /CAL ] key
8 . [ TIME SET ] key
9 . Table stand
10 . Battery door
11 . Wall mounting hole
12. [ °C/°F ] key
|13 . [ Refresh ] key
14 . [ RESET ] key
15 . [ SENSOR/WI-FI ] key
16 . Power jack
- Time & Date
- Temperature & humidity
- Indoor temperature & humidity
WIRELESS THERMO-HYGRO SENSOR
- LED indicator
- Wall mounting holder
- Channel slide switch
- [ RESET ] key
- Battery compartment
INSTALLATION AND SETUP
INSTALL WIRELESS THERMO-HYGRO SENSOR
- Remove the battery cover of the sensor.
- Use the channel slide switch to set the channel number for the sensor (e .g . Channel 1)
- Insert 2 x AA-size batteries into the battery compartment according to the polarity marked on the battery compartment, and close the battery cover.
- The sensor is in synchronization mode and can be registered to the console within the next few minutes. The transmission status LED will begin to flash every 1 minute.
- If you need to re-assign the sensor channel, slide the channel slide switch to the new channel position, and press the [ RESET ] key on the sensor for the new channel number to be effective.
- Avoid placing the sensors in direct sunlight, rain, or snow.
- To avoid the sensor/s and console pairing failure during the new console setup, please power up the sensor(s) first, and then press the [ SENSOR/WiFi ] key on the main unit.
PLACING THE WIRELESS THERMO-HYGRO SENSOR
Place a screw on the wall that you wish to hang the sensor on.
Hang the sensor onto the screw by the wall mounting holder. You can also place the sensor on a table by itself.
SET UP THE CONSOLE
INSTALL THE BACKUP BATTERY
The backup battery provides power to the console to retain clock time and date, max/min records, and calibration value.
|Remove the console battery door with a coin||Insert a new CR2032 button cell battery||Replace the battery door.|
- The backup battery can back up: Time & Date, Max/Min records, and calibration value.
- The built-in memory can back up: Router setting server settings.
POWER UP THE CONSOLE
- Plugin the power adapter to power up the console.
- Once the console is powered up, all the segments of the LCD will be shown.
- The console will automatically enter AP mode and sensor synchronization mode automatically.
- The wireless sensor will automatically pair up with the console (about 1 minute). Upon successful synchronization, the display will change from “–.-°C –%” to actual reading.
If no display appears when powering up the console. You can press the [ RESET ] key by using a pointed object. If this process still does not work, you can remove the backup battery and unplug the adaptor then re-power up the console again.
RESET AND FACTORY HARD RESET
To reset the console and start again, press the [ RESET ] key once or remove the backup battery and then unplug the adapter. To resume factory settings and remove all data, press and hold the [ RESET ] key for 6 seconds.
CHANGING BATTERIES AND MANUAL PAIRING OF SENSOR
Whenever you change the batteries of the wireless sensor, re-synchronization must be done manually.
1 . Change all the batteries to new ones in the sensor.
2 . Press the [ SENSOR/WI-FI ] key on the console to enter sensor Synchronization mode.
3 . The console will re-register the sensor after its batteries are changed (about 1 minute).
ADDITIONAL WIRELESS SENSOR(S) (OPTIONAL)
The console can support up to 7 wireless sensors.
- In the new wireless sensor, slide the Channel switch to a new CH number.
- Press the [ RESET ] key on the new sensor.
- At the back of the console, press the [ SENSOR/WI-FI ] key to enter sensor synchronization mode.
- Wait for the new sensor(s) to pair up with the console for approximately 1 minute.
- Once the new sensor(s) are connected to the console successfully, their temperature and humidity will be shown accordingly.
- Channel number of the sensor must not be duplicated among the sensors. Please refer to “INSTALL Wireless thermo-hygro SENSOR” for details.
- This console can support different types of additional wireless sensor(s), e.g. soil moisture. If you would like to pair up additional sensors, please check with your retailer for more details.
Press the [ SENSOR / WI-FI ] key once for the console to enter sensor Synchronization mode (channel number blinking, and the console will re-register all the sensors that have already been paired to it before.
REMOVE WIRELESS SENSOR
Users may manually delete any sensor from the console.
- Press the [ CHANNEL ] key until the console shows the display of the selected sensor.
- Press and hold the [ REFRESH ] key for 10 seconds, until its readings are reset ” –, -°C — % ” is shown.
SMART LIFE APP
The console works with the Smart Life App for Android and iOS smartphones.
- Scan the QR code to go to the Smart Life download page
- Download Smart Life from Google Play or Apple App store.
- Install the Smart Life App.
- Follow the instruction to create your own account using the phone number or email.
- Once the account registration is completed, the Home Screen will be shown.
Smart Life for Andriod /iPhone
- There is no Registration code needed if the email method is chosen.
- The App may be subject to change without notice.
- You may be prompted to allow the app to have access to your location. This will allow the app to give you general weather information in your area. The app will still work if you don’t allow access to that.
CONNECT WEATHER STATION TO WIFI NETWORK
- Press and hold the [ SENSOR/WI-FI ] key for 6 seconds to enter AP mode manually, indicated by blinking AP and . When the console is powered up for the first time, the console will automatically enter and stay in AP mode.
- Open Smart Life App and follow the in-app instructions to connect the weather station to your Wi-Fi network.
- The console will automatically exit AP mode and return to normal operation once it’s connected to the Wi-Fi router.
- Smart weather station can only connect to a 2.4G WI-FI network
- Enable the location information on your mobile when you add your console to the App.
- You may press and hold [ SENSOR / WI-FI ] for 6 seconds to exit AP mode at any time.
DEVICE SCREEN OVERVIEW
The device screen can show the IN and (CH) Channel’s readings, max/min records, and access to graphs, alert setting, alert history, and unit conversion.
- Temperature and humidity reading with max/min records for INDOOR
- Temperature and humidity reading with max/min record for wireless sensor (CH1 – CH7)
- Back to home page icon
- Device management for advanced features and firmware update
- View the alert history
- The setting for alert notification
- Change temperature unit
TO VIEW THE HISTORY GRAPH
You can view the history graph by tapping the INDOOR or CH region on the “device page”.
TO SET ALERT NOTIFICATION
You can set the temperature and humidity high/low alarm.
AUTOMATION WITH OTHER DEVICES USING SMART LIFE
Through the Smart life App, you can create temperature and humidity trigger conditions to control other Smart Life compatible device(s) automatically.
- Any tasks required or performed by third-party devices are at the user’s own choice and risk.
- Please note that no guarantee can be assumed regarding the correctness, accuracy, up-to-dateness, reliability, and completeness of IOT applications.
OTHER FEATURES OF THE SMART LIFE APP
Smart Life has many advanced features. Please check the FAQ in the App to know more about Smart Life. Tap “Me” on the home page then tap the FAQ & Feedback for more details.
The console can be updated through your WI-FI network. If new firmware is available, a notification or pop-up message will be shown on your mobile when you open the App. Follow the instructions in the App to do the update.
During the update process, the console will show the progress status percentage at the bottom of the screen. Once the update is complete, the console screen will reset and back to normal mode. Please ignore the App update fail message if the console can restart and show the normal screen after the update process is completed.
- Please keep connecting the power during the firmware update process.
- Please make sure your console’s WI-FI connection is stable.
- When the update process starts, do not operate the console until the update is finished.
- Settings and data may be lost during the update.
- During a firmware update, the console will stop uploading data to the cloud server. It will reconnect to your WI-FI router and upload the data again once the firmware update succeeds. If the console cannot connect to your router, please enter the SETUP page to setup again.
- The Firmware update process has potential risk, which cannot guarantee 100% success. If the update fails, please redo the above step to update again.
- If the firmware update fails, press and hold the [C/F] and [REFRESH] keys at the same time for 10 seconds to go back to the original version, then redo the update procedure again.
OTHER SETTINGS & FUNCTIONS OF THE CONSOLE
MANUAL CLOCK SETTING
This console is designed to obtain the local time by synchronizing with your local time. If you want to use it offline, you can set the time and date manually. During the first time startup, press and hold the [ SENSOR / WI-FI ] key for 6 seconds and let the console back to normal mode.
- In normal mode, press and hold the [ TIME SET ] key for 2 seconds to enter the setting.
- The setting sequence: 12/24 hour format Hour Minute Year M-D/D-M format Month Day Time sync ON/OFF weekday Language.
- Press [ + ] or [ – ] key to change the value. Press and hold the key for quick-adjust.
- Press the [ TIME SET ] key to save and exit the setting mode, or it will automatically exit the setting mode 60 seconds later without pressing any key.
- In normal mode, press the [ TIMER SET ] key to switch between the year and date display.
- During the setting, you can return to the normal model by pressing and holding the [ TIME SET ] key for 2 seconds.
SETTING ALARM TIME
- In normal time mode, press and hold the [ MODE/ALARM ] key for 2 seconds until the alarm hour digit flashes to enter alarm time setting mode.
- Press [ + ] or [ – ] key to change the value. Press and hold the key for quick-adjust.
- Press the [ MODE/ALARM ] key again to step the setting value to Minute with the Minute digit flashing.
- Press [ + ] or [ – ] key to adjust the value of the flashing digit.
- Press the [ MODE/ALARM ] key to save and exit the setting.
- In alarm mode, the “ ” icon will display on the LCD.
- The alarm function will turn on automatically once you set the alarm time.
ACTIVATING ALARM FUNCTION
- In normal mode, press the [ MODE/ALARM ] key to show the alarm time for 5 seconds.
- When the alarm time displays, press the [ MODE/ALARM ] key again to activate the alarm function.
|Alarm off||Alarm on|
When the clock reaches the alarm time, the alarm sound will start.
Where it can be stopped by the following operation:
- Auto-stop after 2 minutes of alarming if without any operation and the alarm will activate again on the next day.
- By pressing the [ ALARM/SNOOZE ] key to enter snooze, the alarm will sound again after 5 minutes.
- By pressing and holding the [ ALARM/SNOOZE ] key for 2 seconds to stop the alarm and it will activate again the next day
- By pressing the [ MODE/ALARM ] key to stop the alarm and the alarm will activate again on the next day .
- The snooze could be used continuously for 24 hours.
- During the snooze, the alarm icon “ ” will keep flashing.
WIRELESS SENSOR SIGNAL RECEIVING
- The console displays signal strength for the wireless sensor(s), as per the table below:
The signal strength of the wireless sensor channel
No signal Weak signal Good signal
- If the signal has discontinued and does not recover within 15 minutes, the signal icon will disappear. The temperature and humidity will display “Er” for the corresponding channel.
- If the signal does not recover within 48 hours, the “Er” display will become permanent. You need to replace the batteries and then press the [ SENSOR/WI-FI ] key to pair up the sensor again.
VIEW THE OTHER CHANNELS (OPTIONAL FEATURE WITH ADD ON EXTRA SENSORS)
This console is capable to pair with 7 wireless sensors. If you have 2 or more wireless sensors, you can press the [ CHANNEL ] key to switch between different wireless channels in normal mode, or press and hold the [ CHANNEL ] key for 2 seconds to toggle auto-cycle mode to display the connected channels at a 4-second interval.
During auto-cycle mode, the icon will show on the wireless sensor channels section of the console’s display. Press the [ CHANNEL ] key to stop the auto cycle and display the current channel.
- The temperature and humidity readings are displayed on the channel and indoor section.
- Use the [ °C / °F ] key to select the temperature display unit.
- If the temperature/humidity is below the measurement range, the reading will show “LO”. If the temperature/humidity is above the measurement range, the reading will show “HI”.
|The comfort indication is a pictorial indication based on indoor air temperature and humidity in
an attempt to determine comfort level.
|Too cold||Comfortable||Too hot|
- Comfort indication can vary under the same temperature, depending on the humidity.
- There is no comfort indication when the temperature is below 0°C (32°F) or over 60°C (140°F).
The trend indicator shows the temperature or humidity trends of changes based on the next 15 minutes.
MAX/MIN DATA RECORD
The console can record MAX/MIN readings both daily and since last the reset.
|Daily MAX reading||Daily MIN reading||MAX reading since the last reset||MIN reading since the last reset|
TO VIEW MAX/MIN
- In normal mode, press the [ MAX/MIN ] key on the front side, to check the daily MAX records of the current channel and indoor.
- Press the [ MAX/MIN ] key again to check the daily MIN records of the current channel and indoor.
- Press the [ MAX/MIN ] key again to check the accumulative MAX records.
- Press the [ MAX/MIN ] key again to check the accumulative MIN records.
- Press the [ MAX/MIN ] key again and back to normal mode.
- Users can also check records of different sensors by pressing the [ CHANNEL ] key.
TO RESET THE MAX/MIN RECORDS
Press and hold the [ MAX/MIN ] key for 2 seconds to reset the current on display MAX or MIN records.
The LCD will also display the ” ” / ” ” icon when showing the records.
To calibrate the temperature and humidity:
- In normal mode, press and hold the [ /CAL ] key for 2 seconds to enter the calibration mode as below.
- Press [ + ] or [ – ] key to select IN or any channel .
- Press the [ MODE/ALARM ] key to select between Temperature Humidity.
- While temperature or humidity is blinking, press the [ + ] or [ – ] key to adjust the offset value.
- When finished, press [ MODE/ALARM ] to proceed with the next calibration by repeating processes 2 – 4 above.
- Press the [ /CAL ] key to return to normal mode.
The main unit backlight can be adjusted, using the [ HI/LO ] sliding switch to select the appropriate brightness:
- Slide to the [ HI ] position for the brighter backlight.
- Slide to the [ LO ] position for the dimmer backlight.
SET LCD DISPLAY CONTRAST
In normal mode, press the [ /CAL ] key to adjust LCD contrast for best viewing on a table stand or wall mounted.
When the low battery indicator “ ” is displayed in the CH section of the LCD display, it indicates that the current channel sensor battery power given the wireless sensor shown is low respectively. Please replace them with new batteries.
|An indoor wireless sensor is intermittent or has no connection||1. Make sure the sensor is within the transmission range.
2. Make sure the channel displayed matches the channel selection on the sensor
3. If it still does not work, reset the sensor and resynchronize with the console.
|No WI-FI connection||1. Check for the WI-FI symbol on the display, it should be always on.
2. Make sure you connect to the 2.4G band but not the 5G band of your WI-FI router.
|Temperature or humidity not accurate||1. Do not place your console or sensor close to a heat source
2. If the sensor is still not accurately adjust the value in calibration mode.
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||130 x 112 x 27.5mm (5.1 x 4.4 x 1.1 in)|
|Weight||220g (with batteries)|
|Main power||DC 5V, 1A adaptor|
|Operating temperature range||-5˚C ~ 50˚C|
|Operating Humidity range||10~90% RH|
|Support sensors||– 1 Wireless Thermo-hygro sensors (included)
– Support Up to 7 Wireless Thermo-hygro sensors (optional)
|RF frequency (Depend on the country version)||917Mhz (AU version)|
Time Related Function Specification
|Time display||HH: MM|
|Hour format||12hr AM/PM or 24 hr|
|Date display||DD/MM or MM/DD|
|Time synchronize method||Through the server to get the local time of the console location|
|Temperature unit||°C and °F|
|Accuracy||<0°C or >40°C ± 2°C (<32°F or >104°F ± 3.6°F) 0~40°C ±1°C (32~104°F ± 1.8°F)|
|Resolution||°C / °F (1 decimal place)|
|Accuracy||1 ~ 20% RH ± 6.5% RH @ 25°C (77°F)
21 ~ 80% RH ± 3.5% RH @ 25°C (77°F)
81 ~ 99% RH ± 6.5% RH @ 25°C (77°F)
WI-FI Communication Specification
|Operating frequency :||2.4GHz|
|Supported router security type||WPA/WPA2, OPEN, WEP (WEP only supports Hexadecimal password)|
|Support App||– Tuya smart
– Smart Life
|The supported platform of the App||Android smartphone iPhone|
WIRELESS THERMO-HYGRO SENSOR
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||60 x 113 x 39.5mm (2.4 x 4.4 x 1.6in)|
|Weight||130g (with batteries)|
|Main power||2 x AA size 1.5V batteries
( Lithium batteries recommended)
|Weather data||Temperature and Humidity|
|RF transmission range||150m|
|RF frequency (depend on
|Transmission interval||60 seconds for temperature and humidity|
|Operating range||-40 ~ 60°C (-40 ~ 140°F) Lithium batteries required|
|Operating humidity range||1 ~ 99% RH|
CH (wireless sensor) Temperature
|Temperature unit||°C and °F|
|5.1 ~ 60°C ± 0.4°C (41.2 ~ 140°F ± 0.7°F)
-19.9 ~ 5°C ± 1°C (-3.8 ~ 41°F ± 1.8°F)
-40 ~ -20°C ± 1.5°C (-40 ~ -4°F ± 2.7°F)
|Resolution||°C/°F (1 decimal place)|
CH (wireless sensor) Humidity
|1 ~ 20% RH ± 6.5% RH @ 25°C (77°F)
21 ~ 80% RH ± 3.5% RH @ 25°C (77°F)
81 ~ 99% RH ± 6.5% RH @ 25°C (77°F)
Electus Distribution Pty. Ltd.
320 Victoria Rd, Rydalmere, NSW 2116 Australia
Made in China