Dino-Lite Digital Microscope Wireless Streamer
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY WITH FCC RULES FOR ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY
We, AnMo Electronics Corporation, of 5F-1, No. 76, Sec. 2, Tung-Da Rd., Hsinchu 300, Taiwan, declare under our sole responsibility the product,
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. End user must follow the specific operating instructions for satisfying RF exposure compliance.
Federal Communication Commission Notice
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class
B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy. If this
equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try and correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the distance between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
- For product available in the USA/Canada market, only channel 1~11 can be operated. Selection of other channels is not possible.
The WF-20 is a Wi-Fi streamer, as well as a wireless router, to use combinedly with Dino-Lite Edge AF series for viewing and sharing observation without wire. With high quality image transmission and long battery life, the WF-20 is well suited for field applications.
Mobile device or computer with operating system:
- iOS 10.X or later
- Android 6.0 or later
- Windows XP (SP3)/Vista/7/8/10
Compatible Dino-Lite Digital microscope:
- Dino-Lite Edge AF series
Overview and Function
- Interface release button
- Wi-Fi signal LED indicator
- Battery LED indicator
- On / Off power button
- Reset pinhole button
- Mini USB port (for charging purpose)
Button usage and description:
|On / Off power button||Press and hold for 1.5 seconds to turn on/off|
|Reset pinhole button||Press and hold the pinhole button for 3 seconds to restore factory settings|
LED status and description:
|Green LED (Wi-Fi signal)||Blinking||Data transferring|
|Red LED (battery level)||3 flashes per cycle||Battery remains >70%|
|2 flashes per cycle||Battery remains <70%|
|1 flash per cycle||Battery remains <40%|
|Solid||Battery full charged|
|Blinking repetitively||Battery under charging|
Charging the Battery
Charge the WF-20 by connecting to a computer or a USB charger using the Mini USB charging cable.
Assembling the Device
The WF-20 needs to be used with Dino-Lite AF series. The assemble procedure is as described below.
- Pressing the two interface release buttons at the same time to remove the USB interface adapter cap.
Do not bend the join part anytime especially when releasing the USB adapter cap or WF-20. Doing so may cause damage on the devices.
- Remove the rubber lid from the WF-20. Suggest to cover the rubber lid onto the USB adapter cap for preventing dust build-up inside.
- Attach the WF-20 onto AF series with the Dino-Lite logos facing the same side.
Downloading the APP or software
Download and install DinoConnect from the Apple© App Store© or Google Play™.
Install DinoCapture 2.0 version 1.5.30 or above via CD.
The latest version of DinoCapture can also be downloaded from https://www.dino-lite.com/download01.php.
Press the power button for 1.5 seconds to power on. The startup process may take about half minute until the Dino-Lite’s LED lit up.
To power off
Press the power button again for 1.5 seconds.
Setting the Network
- Go to settings of your iOS/Android device.
- Turn on Wi-Fi.
- Select WF-20’s SSID (default: “Dino-Lite WF-20”), and input password (default: “12345678”).
- Launch DinoConnect for using Dino-Lite.
- (Optional) When multiple WF-20 are using nearby, be advised to change WF-20’s SSID and password in DinoConnect settings for distinguishing purpose.
- Turn on Wi-Fi of your computer, and select the Network by clicking or icon in the notification area.
- Select WF-20’s SSID (default: “Dino-Lite WF-20”), and click the Connect button.
- Enter the security key (default: “12345678”), and click Next to connect.
- Launch DinoCapture 2.0 for using Dino-Lite.
Joining Wireless Network
You may further setup the WF-20 as a router to build connection between your mobile and a wireless network.
- Open DinoConnect settings .
- Tap “Choose a network”.
- Choose a network, then enter password.
Now your device is able to connect with the chosen network via the WF-20. The device will remember the last connected wireless network.
The WF-20 can be possibly connected up to 10 mobile devices at the same time, but it is recommended to keep less than 5 connections for retaining image fluency.
DinoConnect APP Overview
DinoConnect on iOS
|1||Battery indicator||Battery level of the WF-20.|
|2||Resolution setting *||To choose resolutions.|
|3||LED switch *||To control Dino-Lite’s LED lighting.|
|4||Exposure control *||To adjust exposure.|
|5||Magnification display box||To input magnification.
(Doesn’t required with AMR models.)
|6||Line measurement||To measure linear distance between two endpoints.|
|7||Diameter circle||To measure the circumference, area, and radius of a circle that passes two endpoints of the diameter.|
|8||Three points circle||To measure the circumference, area, and radius of a circle that passes three endpoints.|
|9||Three points angle||To measure the angle between three endpoints.|
|10||Text||To write texts on the image.|
|11||Text color/size||To change text color and size.|
|12||Trash bin||To delete measurement and text on the image.|
|13||Gallery||To view captured images or recorded videos of Dino-Lite.|
|14||Record button||To start or stop video capture.|
|15||Shutter button||To capture an image.|
|16||Settings *||To change settings of connections, MicroTouch, etc.|
Only the first connected PC/mobile device has the exclusive control right on WF-20.
How to do measurement on iOS
- Select the measurement function on the toolbar
- Input the magnification. (Doesn’t required with AMR models.)
- Tap on the image to define an endpoint.
- To fine adjust the endpoint’s position, use swipe gesture to control the endpoint’s movement.
- Repeat step.2 and 3 to define other endpoints required by the measurement.
- Tap anywhere to complete the measurement.
DinoConnect on Android
|1||LED switch *||To control Dino-Lite’s LED light.|
|2||Refresh button||To refresh preview image.|
|3||Exposure control *||To adjust the exposure.|
|4||Gallery||To view captured images or recorded videos of Dino-Lite.|
|5||Record button||To start or stop video recording.|
|6||Shutter button||To capture an image.|
|7||Settings *||To change settings of resolution, connections, MicroTouch, etc.|
Only the first connected PC/mobile device has the exclusive control right on WF-20.
The built-in battery of WF-20 has a limited lifespan and may eventually need to be serviced. Do not repair or replace the built-in battery of WF-20. Please contact your local dealer and they will help to send back to the manufacturer for replacing the battery, which is not covered under warranty.
The WF-20 was designed to have more than 2.5 hours battery life, but may vary with different Dino-Lite model and the way of using.
Charging the WF-20 may take 3-4 hours by a USB charger or a power bank. The WF-20 can still be used while charging, but be noted that extra heat will be generated and may affect circuit performance under poor ventilation.
The battery of WF-20 retains average 80% of its original capacity after 500 charge cycles. The following tips may help to prolong battery lifespan:
- Avoid draining the battery all the way to 0%.
- Prevent exposing or charging the WF-20 at temperature above 30°C (86°F).
- Charge the WF-20 to 50% for long-term storage.
- Store the WF-20 at 15~25°C (59~77°F).
For extending battery life, you may consider to reduce Dino-Lite’s LED brightness in APP or software.
|Support protocol||Wi-Fi IEEE802.11b / g / n|
|Antenna||2.4GHz Wi-Fi FPCB antenna|
|SSID (default)||Dino-Lite WF-20|
|Battery continuous operation time||2.5 hours (tested by using with AF4915)|
|Operation temperature||10~45°C (50~113°F)|
|Dimensions||58mm x 36.5mm x 32mm|
|Weight||approx. 57g (with battery)|