DISTRIBUTEL TC4400 Modem and Deco WiFi Pod
To install additional Wi-Fi pods
We recommend additional pods to maximize coverage if your home has multiple floors or larger square footage.
- Place the pod in the desired location within range of your Wi-Fi signal and connect the pod to a power outlet.
- When the light on the pod is solid green, your Wi-Fi is now active. If the light is red, position the additional pod closer to an active pod until the light is green the light is green.
- Tip: Use your smartphone to test the Wi-Fi strength in the location you are considering for the new pod.
Connecting Wired Devices
Each Wi-Fi Pod is equipped with two ethernet ports These ports can be used to connect a nearby device.
- Home Phone Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA)
- TV Set Top Box
- Gaming Console
Download the TP-Link Deco app from the Google Play or Apple App Store.
Use the app to customize your Wi-Fi Network (SSID) name and password.
You will also find other features such as: parental controls, anti-virus and how to create a separate network for guests.
Setting Up Your High Speed Internet Service and Wi-Fi Network
Before you begin:
Review the contents of your install kit:
- Coax cable to connect to the network
- Technicolor modem and power cord
- Deco M5 Wi-Fi Pod and power cord
- Ethernet cable for your Wi-Fi pod
- Ensure you follow the steps in order shown
You can find additional self-help resources at distributel.ca/support.
- Connect one end of the Coax Cable to the Cable port on your modem, then connect the other end to a nearby coax wall outlet.
- Place your Wi-Fi pod next to your internet modem.
Using the Ethernet Cable provided, connect one end to LAN Port 1 on your modem and the other end to a port on your Wi-Fi pod.
- Attach the Power Cord to the Power Port on your modem, then plug the cord into a nearby power outlet.
Connect your Wi-Fi pod to a Power Outlet.
The Wi-Fi pod light will turn solid green. This can take about 5 minutes.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings on a device you would like to connect, and search for available Wi-Fi networks. Select the Wi-Fi Network (SSID) and enter the password that matches those found on the bottom of your Deco M5 Wi-Fi pod.
That’s it, you should now be ready to enjoy your Distributel Wi-Fi!
For help changing your Wi-Fi Network (SSID) name or Wi-Fi password and for additional security tips visit distributel.ca/support
For information on our products, or additional user guides visit distributel.ca
Contact our Customer Support team at 1-877-810-2877