DOMETIC Gale 12V Pump Electrical Pump Instruction Manual
© 2021 Dometic Group. The visual appearance of the contents of this manual is protected by copyright and design law. The underlying technical design and the products contained herein may be protected by design, patent or be patent pending. The trademarks mentioned in this manual belong to Dometic Sweden AB. All rights are reserved.
Please read these instructions carefully and follow all instructions, guidelines, and warnings included in this product manual in order to ensure that you install, use, and maintain the product properly at all times. These instructions MUST stay with this product.
By using the product, you hereby confirm that you have read all instructions, guidelines, and warnings carefully and that you understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set forth herein. You agree to use this product only for the intended purpose and application and in accordance with the instructions, guidelines, and warnings as set forth in this product manual as well as in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. A failure to read and follow the instructions and warnings set forth herein may result in an injury to yourself and others, damage to your product or damage to other property in the vicinity.
This product manual, including the instructions, guidelines, and warnings, and related documentation, may be subject to changes and updates. For up-to-date product information, please visit documents.dometic.com, dometic.com.
Explanation of symbols
Safety instruction: Indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
Safety instruction: Indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in minor or moderate injury.
Indicates a situation that, if not avoided, can result in property damage.
Supplementary information for operating the product.
WARNING! Failure to obey these warnings could result in death or serious injury.
- Do not operate the electric air pump if it is visibly damaged.
- If this electric air pump’s power cable is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, a service agent or a similarly qualified person in order to prevent safety hazards.
- This electric air pump may only be repaired by qualified personnel. Improper repairs can lead to considerable hazards.
- Do not use the electric air pump in wet conditions or submerge in any liquid. Store in a dry place.
CAUTION! Failure to obey these cautions could result in minor or moderate injury.
- Before starting the electric air pump, ensure that the power cable and the plug are dry and the plug is free of rust or foreign matter.
- Disconnect the electric air pump from the power supply
- before each cleaning and maintenance
- after every use
Risk of injury
- This device is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the device by a person responsible for their safety.
- Keep children and pets away from the electric air pump whilst operation.
- Do not direct air stream at face or body.
- Observe the recommended air pressure.
- Cleaning and user maintenance may not be carried out by unsupervised children
NOTICE! Damage hazard
- Check that the voltage specification on the data plate corresponds to that of the energy supply.
- Do not place the device near naked flames or other heat sources (heaters, direct sunlight, gas ovens etc.).
- Do not let the device operate unattended.
- Never pull the plug out of the socket by the cable.
Scope of delivery
Electric air pump: 1
Air hose: 1
Nozzle adapter: 6
The electric air pump is intended to be used for inflatables such as awning tents and tents. The electric air pump is designed to be operated from a DC power supply socket of a vehicle.
This product is only suitable for the intended purpose and application in accordance with these instructions.
This manual provides information that is necessary for proper installation and/or operation of the product. Poor installation and/or improper operating or maintenance will result in unsatisfactory performance and a possible failure.
The manufacturer accepts no liability for any injury or damage to the product resulting from:
- Incorrect assembly or connection, including excess voltage
- Incorrect maintenance or use of spare parts other than original spare parts provided by the manufacturer
- Alterations to the product without express permission from the manufacturer
- Use for purposes other than those described in this manual
Dometic reserves the right to change product appearance and product specifications.
The electric air pump is equipped with a pressure induction system and switches off automatically as soon as the preset pressure is achieved. The pressure induction system operates with an error margin of ± 0.5 psi.
Using the electric air pump
NOTICE! Risk of overheating
- Make sure that the electric air pump is sufficiently ventilated during operation.
- Do not operate the electric air pump continuously for longer than 15 min as the motor may overheat.
Allow the electric air pump to cool down for 30 min after 15 min of continuous use.
- If no buttons have been pressed for 30 sec, the LCD display will go into standby mode. Press any button to reactivate.
- At first it will take time for the pressure reading on the LCD display to increase. This is normal, as a large amount of air is initially required to fill the air frame before a significant change in pressure is detected.
- Proceed as shown to use the electric air pump (fig.1, page 3 to fig.0, page 4).
Cleaning and maintenance
NOTICE! Damage hazard
- Do not attempt to put any object into the inflation port as these can damage the internal pump mechanism.
- Do not use sharp or hard objects or cleaning agents for cleaning as these may damage the product.
- Occasionally clean the product with a damp cloth.
- After each use, store the plug in the opening provided.
- When storing the device, ensure the supply cord and air hose are not trapped or kinked.
|The electric air pump does not work. The LCD display does not illuminate.||The electric air pump does not receive any power.||
|The electric air pump does not work. The LCD display illuminates.||The electric air pump does not receive enough current from 12 V power source.||Check that the 12 V power source is rated for at least 10 A.|
|The pressure increases quickly.||The airflow is obstructed.||
- Place the packaging material in the appropriate recycling waste bins, wherever possible.
Consult a local recycling center or specialist dealer for details about how to dispose of the product in accordance with the applicable disposal regulations.
The statutory warranty period applies. If the product is defective, please contact your retailer or the manufacturer’s branch in your country (see dometic.com/dealer).
For repair and warranty processing, please include the following documents when you send in the product:
- A copy of the receipt with purchasing date
- A reason for the claim or description of the fault
|Gale 12 V Pump|
|Delivery rate:||100 l/min ± 10%|
|Operating time||maximum 15 min|
|Noise emission||32 dB|
|Dimensions||280 x 200 x 90 mm|
For the current EU declaration of conformity for your device please refer to
the respective product page on dometic.com or contact the manufacturer
directly (see dometic.com/dealer).
- Contact Us | Dometic.com
- Find a Dealer | Dometic.com
- Dometic Outdoor USA – Compact solutions for Outdoor living | Dometic.com