DURABLACK L122 Single-Wall Interior Stovepipe
A MAJOR CAUSE OF VENT-RELATED FIRES 15 FAILURE TO MAINTAIN REQUIRED CLEARANCES (AIR SPACES) TO COMBUSTIBLE MATERIALS. IT 15 OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE THAT DURABLACK BE INSTALLED ONLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
Read through all of these instructions before beginning your installation. Failure to install as described in this instruction will void the manufacturer’s warranty, and may have an effect on your homeowner’s insurance. Keep these instructions for future reference.
NOT A UL LISTED PRODUCT
Dear Customer, Installer, or End User: We welcome any comments, ideas, input or complaints regarding DuraVent products. If you are searching for tech support or product information, please phone us at 800-835-4429. Or email us at: [email protected]
DuraBlack must be installed with at least an 18″ Clearance to Combustibles. Read all instructions carefully before starting the installation. The DuraVent warranty will be voided, and serious fire, health, or other safety hazards may result from any of the following actions:
- Installation of any damaged DuraBlack component.
- Unauthorized modification of any DuraBlack component
- Installation of any component part not manufactured or approved by DuraVent. Installation other than as instructed by DuraVent and the appliance manufacturer. Consult your local building codes before beginning the installation.
Prior to beginning your installation, please verify what style connector pipe you have. You may have a “Locking Tab” style, or “Trim Ring” style per Fig.1. These are the methods for attaching your connector pipe to the support box (Fig.2).
- Step 1. Insert the adapter or Connector section of pipe into the previously installed Ceiling Support Box. Position it so the seams are facing the wall, and the smooth side is facing the room. For “Locking Tab” connectors, push the pipe in firmly, until the locking notches engage the top of the rim of the hole in the support box. For “Trim Collar” style connector, insert the pipe into the support box. Slide the trim collar on and slide up to the support box, until it is next to the pipe bead. Using the four pre-punched holes in the trim collar as a guide, drill 1/8″ diameter holes in the support box, and affix using the sheet metal screws provided. It is extremely important that the Support Box be positioned so that the single wall pipe is at least 18″ from the combustible wall, and also that the support box protrudes at least 2″ below the ceiling. Reposition the Support Box if necessary, to meet these two requirements.
- Step 2. If you have “Locking Tab” style connectors and you are installing the optional Trim Collar, slide the Trim Collar upwards over the Slip Connector, until it is next to the bead. Using the two, pre-punched holes in the Trim Collar as a guide, drill two 1/8″ diameter holes in the Support Box. Screw the Trim Collar to the Support Box, using the two sheet metal screws provided with the kit.
- Step 3. Slide the first Pipe Section upwards over the Slip Connector. Rotate it so the seam is facing the wall. Push the Pipe Section upwards about 1 inch, so it will be held in place by the Slip Connector. The Slip Connector slides inside the pipe.
- Step 4. Install the second Pipe Section (with seam facing the wall) on the stove collar or the appliance adapter (whichever is appropriate for your installation). Note that the bottom of the Pipe Section goes inside the stove collar or appliance adapter.
- Step 5. You are now ready to connect the top and bottom Pipe Sections. Align the pipe system vertically so the Pipe Sections align together. Adjust the pipe assembly for height by pushing upwards against the top Pipe Section. The top Pipe Section will slide up the outside of the Slip Connector (up to approximately 1 O” of· adjustment). Drop the top Pipe Section down into the lower Pipe Section. No cutting is required. If possible, fasten the pipe assembly to the appliance with screws. Should the stove not readily accommodate the pipe system, the DuraVent Catalog has a variety of adaptors.
- Step 6. To insure the safety of the installation and to increase the rigidity of the system, use 3 sheet metal screws equally spaced around each joint. Drill three 1/8″ holes around the circumference of each joint, and screw in
the sheet metal screws. This is especially important if there are any elbows in the system.
Note: If 90 degree elbows are used in the system, no drip-free representation may be made. Single wall elbows inherently have a Figure 2 certain amount of spacing at the joints, which may in some cases permit creosote leakage. If the ceiling is higher than 8 feet, obtain Pipe Sections from your dealer to accommodate the additional height. See dealer for available pipe section lengths.
Note: DuraBlack pipe will exhibit a moderate paint-like odor during the first few uses. This is normal curing of the finish and will disappear after a few uses of the appliance.
DURA-VENT LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Dura Vent, Inc. (“Dura-Vent”) provides this limited lifetime warranty for all of its products with the exception ofVentinox® (lifetime), and PolyPro® (ten years). Subject to the limitations set forth below, Dura-Vent warrants that its products will be free from defects in material or manufacturing, if properly installed, maintained and used. Dura-Vent products are fully warranted if installed only by a professional installer. This Warranty is transferable from the original homeowner to the buyer of the home. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, smoke damage or damage caused by chimney fires, acts of God, or any product that was:
- purchased other than from an authorized Dura-Vent dealer, retailer or distributor;
- modified or altered;
- improperly serviced, inspected or cleaned; or
- subject to negligence or any use not in accordance with the installation instructions included with the product as determined by Dura-Vent.
Installation instructions are available on line at www.duravent.com under Support/Literature and through our Customer Service Department at 800-835-4429 or [email protected]. This limited lifetime warranty applies only to parts manufactured by Dura-Vent. Dura-Vent provides the following warranties for its products: One Hundred Percent (100%) MSRP 15 years from the date of purchase, and Fifty Percent (50%) thereafter, except for the following limitations on: all Termination Caps and DuraBlack® are warranted at One Hundred Percent (100%) for five years.
All warranty obligations of DuraVent shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product pursuant to the terms and conditions applicable to each product line. These remedies shall constitute Dura Vent’s sole obligation and sole remedy under this warranty. This warranty provides no cash surrender value. The terms and conditions of this warranty may not be modified, altered or waived by any action, inaction or representation, whether oral or in writing, except upon the express, written authority of an executive officer of DuraVent. Corn, bio-fuels, driftwood or other wood containing salt, preservative-treated lumber, plastic and household trash or garbage, or wood pellets containing such materials must not be burned in the appliance or fireplace. In case of a chimney fire, the chimney must be inspected and approved by a certified Chimney Sweep before reuse. After each annual inspection, maintenance, and cleaning, the certified Chimney Sweep must fill out and date the appropriate section ofthe warranty card provided with the chimney liner.
LIMITATIONS ON INTERNET SALES: Notwithstanding any other terms or conditions of this Limited Lifetime Warranty, Dura Vent provides no warranty for the following specific products if such products are not installed by a qualified professional installer: Dura Tech®, DuraPlus HTC®, DuraChimney® II, PelletVent Pro®, DirectVent Pro®, FasNSeal®, FasNSeal® W2, FasNSeal® Flex, and PolyPro®, and Dura Vent’s relining products including Duraliner”, Dura Rex® (SW, Pro, 316,304), and Ventinox®. For purposes of this warranty, a trained professional installer is defined as one of the following: licensed contractors with prior chimney installation experience, CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps, NFI Certified Specialists, or WETT Certified Professionals. Dura-Vent must be notified and given the opportunity to inspect defective product prior to replacement under the terms of this limited lifetime warranty. All warranty claims must be submitted with proof of purchase. Labor and installation costs are not covered under this warranty. To obtain warranty service contact: DuraVentWarranty Service, 877 Cotting Ct., Vacaville CA 95688, or call 800-835-4429. WHERE LAWFUL, DURAVENT DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL DURA VENT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OR DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PROPERTY DAMAGE AND PERSONAL INJURY. DURAVENT’S ENTIRE LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THIS PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLYTO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
For the most up-to-date installation instructions, see
Manufactured in Vacaville CA and Albany NY