DURACELL 1 Amp Battery Charger/Maintainer User Guide
A. Battery charger provides reliable and safe charging for all standard 12V Lead Acid batteries.
B. LED charging light displays the status of the battery charging process
C. Quick Connect charging cord attaches to the charging cables
D. Clamp battery cable connects quickly to your battery for normal charging applications.
E. Ring terminal battery cable can be permanently installed onto your battery for frequent recharging and maintenance. Ideal for vehicles that are stored for extended periods between uses.
What is Three-Stage Charging?
Stage 1: Bulk – The charger provides maximum constant current to the battery. Once the battery voltage rises to a specific level, the charger moves to the second stage.
Stage 2: Absorption – The charger continues to charge the battery at a constant voltage. This charges the battery to 100% in a relatively short time. When the battery is fully charged, the charger moves to the third stage.
Stage 3: Float (maintenance) – The charger switches to a safe maintenance voltage for long term storage. If the battery loses a significant amount of “charge, the charger will move back into the first stage and restart the charge cycle.
It is safe to keep this charger connected to your vehicle at all times to ensure a 100% full battery at all times; the “float charge” mode will not allow the battery to be over-charged and damaged.
FCC INFORMATION TO THE USER
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation of this product is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This equipment has been tested and found to comply within the limits for a class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance with the FCC Rules could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.have been followed.
- Do not expose to moisture, rain, or snow.
- Do not disassemble or modify, may create a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Do not operate if product, cord or plugs are damaged.
- This charger is for 12V Lead Acid batteries only, do not use to charge other types of batteries.
- Do not start the vehicle’s engine while the charger is still connected to the battery. This will damage the charger and void the warranty.
- WARNING: RISK OF EXPLOSIVE GASES: Working in the vicinity of a lead-acid battery is dangerous. Batteries generate explosive gases during normal battery operation. Follow all instructions of the battery manufacturer.
- Have someone close if you need aid.
- Use eye protection
- If battery acid contacts skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water.
- NEVER smoke or allow a spark or flame in the vicinity of battery or engine.
- Be careful when using metal tools or with rings, bracelets, necklaces, and watches around batteries. It might spark or short-circuit.
- NEVER charge a frozen battery.
- Use a well ventilated area as far away from battery as possible and never above the battery to avoid gases from the battery.
Contacting Customer Support
If you experience any problems or have any questions regarding your DURACELL® product, free technical support is available. Prior to calling, please review the technical support tips below. Call from a phone where you have access to your mobile device Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number
- Name of the DURACELL® product
- Make and model of your device
- Symptoms of the problem(s) and what led to them
Technical Support is available by telephone:
U.S. and Canada (800) 300-1857
Outside of the US/Canada: (805) 437-7765
Written inquires should be directed to: Battery-Biz Inc.;
DURACELL® Product Inquiry
1380 Flynn Road, Camarillo, CA93012, USA
Battery-Biz is committed to environmental responsibility and recommends that electronic devices be disposed of properly. Please contact your local city offices for information on recycling and disposal programs for e-waste.
For instructions on how to recycle this product visit http://www.call2recycle.org
Pursuant to California Proposition 65: This product contains chemical(s) known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.