400 Watt / 800 Watt High Power Inverters User Guide
A. On/Off switch
B. Dual 3-prong 115V AC outlets
C. 2.1 Amp USB port
D. LED status (power /fault) lights
E. Threaded positive (+) / negative (-) terminal connectors
F. Cigarette lighter connector for applications under 175 Watts
G. Positive (+) / negative (-) battery clamps for applications over 175 Watts
BEFORE YOU START: See Safety information in the Safety, Warranty and Support section. Failure to follow these instructions can damage the unit and could also result in personal injury. Sealed Lead Acid batteries have many hazards like high current, gases and acids. Please exercise caution. To avoid excess battery drain, turn the inverter OFF / disconnect after use.
- Remove the caps from the threaded terminals. Fit the ring ends of your desire connector over the terminals and replace the terminal caps.*
2. Connect the clamps to your battery, or insert the cigarette lighter plug into your car’s 12V DC outlet.*
3. Plug in your AC / USB devices.
Please refer to the charts below for explanation of LED light function.
4. Turn the inverter ON. The LED dis la will light up to show the operation status.
* WARNING: Reverse input will blow the internal fuse and permanently disable the unit.
Output Specifications 400W 800W
Continuous power (Watts) 320 800
5 Minute max output power (Watts) 400 800
Surgepower (Watts) 640 1600
Output wave form Modified sine wave Modified sine wave
No-load power draw <0.50 A DC <0.50 A DC
Nominal output voltage 115V AC 115V AC
USB 5V DC. 2.1A 5V DC. 2.1A
Protection And Alarms : 400W : 800W
Low battery alarm N/A : 10.5V DC (beeping sound)
Low battery shutdown 10V DC : 10V DC
High battery voltage shutdown 15.5V DC : 16V DC
Fuse (internal, non-user replaceable) 25A x 2 (max) : 35A x 3 (max)
Over-temperature protection 60°C case / 90°C heat sink : 60°C case /90°C heat sink
Cooing fan Yes, auto-operational : Yes, auto-operational
Overload and short circuit protection Yes : Yes
Dimensions And Weight : 400W : 800W
Dimensions (inches / cm) 6.4 x 5.0 x 2.8 / 16.2 x 12.8 x 7.0 : 8.7 x 4.9 x 2.8 /22.1 x 12.5 x 7.0
Weight (lbs / kg) : 1.3 / 0.6 : 2.1 / .96
Operation and use
The inverter converts 12 VDC to 115 VAC with a modified sine wave. The modified sine wave output is suitable for most devices, but may not work with some devices that require a pure sine wave.
Make sure that the total power consumption of the connected devices is less than the rating of the inverter. Although the inverter can provide high surge power up to two times the rated output power, some appliances may still trigger the inverter’s protection system.
This section contains important safety information. Before using the inverter, READ ALL instructions and cautionary markings on or provided with the inverter, and all appropriate sections of this guide. The inverter contains no user-serviceable parts.
WARNING: FIRE AND/OR CHEMICAL BURN HAZARD
Do not cover or obstruct any air vent openings and/or install in a zero-clearance compartment.
WARNING: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAN RESULT IN DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY
- Use and store the inverter in an indoor area away from direct sunlight, heat, moisture or conductive contaminants.
- During use, allow a minimum of three inches of space around the inverter for optimal ventilation.
- When working with electrical equipment or lead acid batteries, have someone nearby in case of an emergency.
- Study and follow all the battery manufacturer’s specific precautions when installing, using and servicing the battery connected to the inverter.
- Wear eye protection and gloves.
- Avoid touching your eyes while using this unit.
- Keep fresh water and soap on hand in the event battery acid comes in contact with eyes. If this occurs, cleanse right away with soap and water for a minimum of 15 minutes and seek medical attention.
- Use precautions by not smoking or having an open spark or fire near battery installations. Batteries contain flammable materials.
- Keep unit away from moist or damp areas.
- Avoid dropping any metal tool or object on the battery. Doing so could create a spark or short circuit which goes through the battery or another electrical tool that may create an explosion.
WARNING: Shock Hazard. Keep away from children!
Avoid moisture. Never expose unit to snow, water etc.
Unit provides 115 VAC, treat the output socket the same as regular wall AC sockets at home.
WARNING: Explosion hazard!
DO NOT use the inverter in the vicinity of flammable fumes or gases (such as propane tanks or large engines).
AVOID covering the ventilation openings. Always operate unit in an open area.
WARNING: Medical equipment!
This product is NOT tested, designed nor intended to be used with life support systems or any other medical device.
Support and Warranty
Contacting Customer Support
If you experience any problems or have any questions regarding your DURACELL® product, free technical support is available. Call from a phone where you have access to your mobile device.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number
- Name of the DURACELL® product
- Make and model of your device
- Symptoms of the problem(s) and what led to them
Technical Support is available by telephone:
U.S. and Canada (800) 300-1857
Outside of the US/Canada: (805) 437-7765
Written inquires should be directed to: Battery-Biz Inc.;
DURACELL® Product Inquiry
1380 Flynn Road, Camarillo, CA 93012, USA
Battery-Biz is committed to environmental responsibility and recommends that electronic devices be disposed of properly. Please contact your local city offices for information on recycling and disposal programs for e-waste.
For instructions on how to recycle this product visit
Three Year Warranty
The DURACELL® product carries a limited warranty against defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for three years from the original date of purchase. The manufacturer or distributor, at its option, shall repair or replace the defective unit covered by this warranty. Please retain the dated sales receipt as evidence of the date of purchase as it will be required for any warranty service. In order to keep the warranty in effect, the product must have been handled and used as described in the instructions accompanying this warranty. This warranty does not cover any damage due to accident, misuse, abuse or negligence.
Disclaimer Of Warranty
The limited warranty described herein is your sole remedy. To the extent permitted by law, the manufacturer and distributor disclaim all other implied or express warranties including all warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for any particular purpose.
Limitation Of Liability
Except to the extent of repairing or replacing this product as expressly stated in the limited warranty described herein, the manufacturer and distributor shall not be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, or otherwise, including lost revenues, lost profits, loss of use of software, loss or recovery of data, rental of replacement equipment, downtime, damage to property, and third-party claims, arising out of any theory of recovery, including statutory, contract or tort. Not withstanding the term of any limited or implied warranty, or in the event that any limited warranty fails of its essential purpose, in no event will the manufacturer’s and distributors entire liability exceed the purchase price of this product. Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights which vary from state to state and province to province.
Pursuant to California Proposition 65: This product contains chemical(s) known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
© 2017 Duracell. Duracell is a registered trademark of Duracell U.S. Operations, Inc., used under license. All rights reserved.
All logos and trademarks are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
UM-DRINV400-800 REV. 20170113