Go to tsicustomerservice.com for product warranty registration
The fireplace can be operated by either the remote control or the control panel.
The MAIN POWER switch supplies power to all of the functions of the fireplace. The switch must be in the ON position for any functions or the remote to work.
Each time the FLAME button is pressed, the intensity of the flame decreases. There are five brightness levels that can be selected.
The HEATER button will turn ON/OFF the heater.
1. The thermostat knob controls the thermostat setting.
2. Turning the knob clockwise will increase thermostat setting. Rotating the knob counter-clockwise will decrease the thermostat setting.
3. When the heater reaches the thermostat setting it will turn off until the room cools at which point the heater will turn back on.
EMBER BED UNDULATION EFFECT
This button on the remote control plays or pauses the undulating emberbed effect.
There are 3 volume levels that can be selected and OFF.
1. Low volume 2. Medium volume 3. High volume
|VOLTAGE||120 VAC, 60 Hz|
For Customer Service:
8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., EST, Monday-Friday
Note: When first running the heater there may be an odor. This is normal as the heater has a surface coating on the internal parts. For the first several hours of operation, the coating reacts with the internal parts to permanently protect them. The odor is safe; if you are sensitive to the odor, it is recommended to run the heater in a well-ventilated area until the odor dissipates.
Warning: This is an unvented, electric appliance. DO NOT attempt to burn wood or manufactured firelogs in or on this appliance or grate.
© 2019, Twin-Star International, Inc.
Delray Beach, FL 33445
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury to persons including the following:
- Read all instructions before using this appliance.
- DANGER – High temperatures may be generated under certain abnormal conditions. Do not partially or fully cover or obstruct the front of this heater. WARNING:
In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater.
- CAUTION: Never leave the heater operating unattended. Extreme caution is necessary if unsupervised children or invalids are nearby.
- The appliance is not to be used by children or persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction.
- Always unplug this appliance when not in use.
- Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or if it has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not use outdoors.
- This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate this appliance where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- To disconnect this appliance, turn controls to the off position, then remove plug from outlet.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the appliance.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any
manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where opening may become blocked.
- This appliance has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint or flammable liquids are used or stored. This stove should not be used as a drying rack for clothing. Christmas stockings or decorations should not be hung in the area of it.
- Use this appliance only as described in the manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- This product is equipped with a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other blade). To reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug into the electrical outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Avoid the use of an extension cord because the extension cord may overheat and cause risk of fire. However, if you have to use an extension cord, the cord must be No.14 AWG minimum size and rated not less than 1875 Watts. The extension cord must be a three-wire cord with a grounding-type plug and cord connection. The extension cord shall not be more than 20 feet (6 m) in length.
1. The battery compartment is located on the back end of the remote control.
2. Press and slide the battery door open and remove the old battery.
3. Insert 2 AAA batteries, checking that the + and – sides of the battery match inside the battery compartment.
4. Replace the battery compartment door.
- For best results, use 2pcs AAA alkaline batteries.
- Install only new batteries of the same type in your product.
- Failure to insert batteries in the correct polarity, as indicated in the battery compartment, may shorten the life of the batteries or cause batteries to leak.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Do not mix Alkaline, Standard (Carbon-Zinc) or Rechargeable (Nickel Cadmium) or (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries.
- Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced.
- Do not ingest batteries.
- Batteries should be recycled or disposed of as per state and local guidelines.
DISPOSAL OF USED BATTERIES
Battery may contain hazardous substances which could endanger the environment and human health. Used batteries shall not be treated as municipal waste, but left at the appropriate collection point for recycling.
For more information about the collection and recycling of used batteries, please contact your local municipality or waste disposal service.
1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The manufacturer warrants that your new Electric Stove is free from manufacturing and material defects for a period of one year from date of puchase, subject to the following conditions and limitations.
- Install and operate this Electric Stove in accordance with the installation and operating instructions furnished with the product at all times. Any unauthorized
repair, alteration, willful abuse, accident, or misuse of the product shall nullify this warranty.
- This warranty is non-transferable, and is made to the original owner, provided that the purchase was made through an authorized supplier of the product.
- The warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of part(s) found to be defective in material or workmanship, provided that such part(s) have been subjected
to normal conditions of use and service, after said defect is confirmed by the manufacturer’s inspection.
- The manufacturer may, at its discretion, fully discharge all obligations with respect to this warranty by refunding the wholesale price of the defective part(s).
- Any installation, labor, construction, transportation, or other related costs/expenses arising from defective part(s), repair, replacement, or otherwise of same, will
not be covered by this warranty, nor shall the manufacturer assume responsibility for same.
- The owner/user assumes all other risks, if any, including the risk of any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of the use, or inability to use
the product, except as provided by law.
- All other warranties – expressed or implied –with respect to the product, its components and accessories, or any obligations/liabilities on the part of the
manufacturer are hereby expressly excluded.
- The manufacturer neither assumes, nor authorizes any third party to assume on its behalf, any other liabilities with respect to the sale of the product.
- The warranties as outlined within this document do not apply to non accessories used in conjunction with the installation of this product.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
This warranty is void if:
a. The fireplace is subjected to prolonged periods of dampness or condensation.
b. Any unauthorized alteration, willful abuse, accident, or misuse of the product.
c. You do not have the original receipt of purchase.
IF WARRANTY SERVICE IS NEEDED
Contact the manufacturer by calling customer service department at 1-888-674-7517, 7 days a week 24 hours a day at our toll-free helpline. Our Consumer Service department is available Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST.
Make sure you have your warranty, your sales receipt, location of purchase, and the model/serial number of your product.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
|Problem||Root Cause||Corrective Action|
|1. No power, switches do not light up.||I. Power cord was not plugged into the outlet.||I. Check that unit is plugged directly into a standard 120 volt outlet.|
|2. Logs glow, but flame effect does not work.||. 2 Spinner motor is defective.||2. Check whether Flame Generator drive motor is running.|
|3. Flame effect operates, but heater does not blow warm air.||3a. Heater is not on powered ON. 4a. Temperature is set at low.||3a.Try pressing the ON/OFF HEATER button several times to make sure it is in the ON position.
3b. Make sure that the TEMPERATURE knob is set to the max setting.
|4. The heater shut On and won’t come back on.||4. Manual Reset Triggered.||4. Turn the POWER to “OFF” and unplug the unit from the wall outlet for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes plug the unit back into wall outlet, and operate as normal. If the problem persists contact customer service.|
|5. Power cord gets warm.||5. Normal operation.||5.Check your heater cord and plug connections. Faulty wall outlet connections or loose plugs can cause the outlet or plug to overheat. Be sure the plug fits tight in the outlet. Heaters draw more current than small appliances, overheating of the outlet may occur even if it has not occurred with the use of other appliances. During use check frequently to determine if your plug, outlet or faceplate is HOT! If so, discontinue use of the heater and have a qualified electrician check and/or replace the faulty outlet(s).|
|6.No flames sound, but have flames effect.||6a.Sound button turned off.
6b.Loose terminal blocks or damaged loudspeaker
|6a.Press Sound button several times.
6b.Must be replaced by the manufacturer, contact customer service for a replacment.
|7. Remote control is not
|7a. No batteries.
7b. Poor Signal.
|7a. Change the remote batteries.
7b.Operate remote transmitter at a slow measured pace. Press the remote
control buttons with an even motion and gentle pressure. Repeatedly
pressing buttons in rapid succession may cause the transmitter to malfunction.
7c.Operate the remote at a distance less than 20 feet from the front of the
appliance; point the remote at the control panel.
|8. Unit continues to
run after reaching
|8a.Cool down cycle.||8a.Normal operation, will continue to run for several minutes before shutting
down. Times will vary based on heating. UNIT WILL BLOW COOL AIR.
|9. Flame effect works but
heater function does
not and the emberbed
flashes when the heater
button is pressed.
|9a.The heater is disabled.||9a.With the power on, press and hold the heater button on the control panel for
10 seconds. Once reenabled the emberbed lights will flash multiple times.
|Part||Part Name||Part Number|
Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void user’s authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. if this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures.
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Clean the trim using a soft cloth, slightly dampened with citrus oil based product and buff with a clean soft cloth.
- DO NOT use brass polish or household cleaners as these products will damage the metal trim. Citrus oil based products can be obtained at supermarkets or hardware stores.
- WARNING: Electrical outlet wiring must comply with local building codes and other applicable regulations to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons.
- Warning: Disconnect power before attempting any maintenance or cleaning to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or personal injury.