dyson HD04 Supersonic Professional Hair Dryer User Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE USING THIS APPLIANCE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND CAUTIONARY MARKINGS IN YOUR USER MANUAL AND ON THE APPLIANCE.
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
THE APPLIANCE, FILTER AND ATTACHMENTS CONTAIN MAGNETS.
- Keep away from pacemakers, defibrillators, credit cards and electronic storage media.
These warnings apply to the appliance, and also where applicable, to all tools, accessories, chargers or mains adaptors.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensor y or reasoning capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given super vision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without super vision.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close at tention is necessar y when used by or near children. Children should be super vised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- WARNING: Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- If the supply cable is damaged, it must be replaced or repaired by the manufacturer, its ser vice agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance has a non-self reset ting thermal cut-out safet y device to prevent overheating.
If your appliance cuts out, unplug it from the mains supply socket and leave to cool.
- CAUTION: In order to avoid a hazard due to inadver tent reset ting of the thermal cut-out, this appliance must not be supplied through an ex ternal switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and of f by the utilit y company, or plugged into any socket where the electrical supply is unstable or likely to be turned of f.
- When the appliance is used in a bathroom, unplug it af ter use since the proximit y of water presents a hazard even when the appliance is switched of f. For additional protection when the appliance is used in a bathroom, it is recommended that a Residual Current Device (RCD), with a residual operating current not exceeding 30mA is installed in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Contact a qualified electrical installer for advice.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purpose than dr ying hair.
- Do not handle any par t of the plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not unplug by pulling on the cable. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cable. The use of an ex tension cable is not recommended.
- Do not stretch the cable or place the cable under strain. Keep the cable away from heated sur faces and do not wrap the cable around the appliance.
- Do not use any lubricants, cleaning agents, polishes or air fresheners on any par t of the appliance.
- Contact the Dyson Helpline when a ser vice or repair is required. Do not disassemble the appliance as incorrect reassembly may result in an electric shock or fire.
- If the appliance is not working as it should, if it has received a sharp blow, if it has been dropped, damaged, lef t outdoors, or dropped into water, do not use and contact the Dyson Helpline.
The air exit, metal ring, attachments and area shaded in red may be hot during use. Allow them to cool before handling.
Thank you for buying the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dr yer Professional
Activate your guarantee now
We don’t s top caring about our machines once they ’re yours.
E ven af ter your guarantee has ended, we’ll s till be on hand to help.
Exclusive owner benefits
Free Dyson parts and labour
Expert advice. Seven days a week
Your serial number can be found on the rating plate located on the cable lab el, towards the plug. Note your serial numb er for f uture reference on the back page of your User manual.
In the box
- Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer Professional
- Non-slip mat
- Professional concentrator
- Smoothing nozzle
- Gentle air attachment
Your Dyson Supersonic™hair dryer Professional has magnetic styling attachments, for easy fitting and rotation during styling.
Heat shield technology keeps the surface of your styling attachments cool.
Wide, smooth airflow for a smoother finish.
Fast, precise airflow that spans the length of your brush.
Diffused, even airflow to help define curls and reduce frizz. Recommended for use on the low temperature and flow settings.
Gentle air attachment
Gentle, cooler airflow for fine hair and delicate scalps.
Maximum operating temperature in normal working conditions: 105°C.
Maximum thermistor temperature at safety shut down: 145°C.
The LE Ds will flash continuously to let you know that your machine needs at tention.
Cle an the f ilter.
Follow the ins tr uc tions in the Maintaining performance le aflet or watch the video at dyson.com/mysupersonicstylist.
If all three red lights continue to flash contac t the Dyson Helpline.
DO NOT TURN BACK ON
Using your Dyson machine
Please read the ‘Important safety instructions’ in your Dyson User manual before proceeding.
Looking after your Dyson machine
- Do not carry out any maintenance or repair work other than that shown in your Dyson User manual, or advised by the Dyson Helpline.
- Always disconnect the plug from the mains before inspecting for problems. If the machine will not operate, first check that the mains socket has an electricity supply and that the plug is properly inserted into the socket.
Australian Consumer Law
In Australia, your Dyson machine comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have your Dyson machine repaired or replaced if it fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. All rights under the Dyson guarantee are in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
New Zealand Consumer Law
Under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, if the product is not of acceptable quality but that defect is not substantial, Dyson may choose whether to repair or replace the product. If a repair will be difficult, Dyson may instead provide you with a refund. If a product’s defect is substantial or cannot be fixed, you can ask for either a refund, replacement product, or compensation for any reduction in that product’s value. You are also entitled to compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss caused by that substantial defect.
Dyson 2-year guarantee
Terms and conditions of the Dyson 2-year guarantee
What is covered
- The repair or replacement of your Dyson machine (at Dyson’s discretion) if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials, workmanship or function within two years of purchase or delivery (if any part is no longer available or out of manufacture, Dyson will replace it with a functional replacement part).
- This Dyson guarantee will only be valid if the machine is used in the country in which it was sold.
What is not covered
Under your Dyson guarantee, Dyson shall not be liable for costs of repair or replacement of a product incurred as a result of:
- Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended machine maintenance.
- Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use or care, misuse, neglect, careless operation or handling of the Dyson machine which is not in accordance with your Dyson User manual.
- Use of the machine for anything other than the use it is 12designed for.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Dyson.
- Use of parts and accessories other than those produced or recommended by Dyson.
- Faulty installation (except where installed by Dyson).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Dyson or its authorised agents.
- Normal wear and tear (e.g. fuse ).
Other terms relating to the Dyson guarantee
- The Dyson guarantee becomes effective from the date of purchase.
- All work will be carried out by Dyson Appliances (Aust.) Pty Limited, Dyson New Zealand Limited (NZ) or their authorised agents.
- Any parts replaced by Dyson or its service agents will become the property of Dyson Appliances (Aust.) Pty Limited or Dyson New Zealand Limited (NZ).
- You must provide proof of purchase for your Dyson machine in order to make a claim under the Dyson guarantee.
- Under the Dyson guarantee, the repair, replacement and any associated delivery charges (both to and from Dyson) will be at no cost to you.
- Whether or not the Dyson guarantee applies, you may have rights and remedies available to you under Australian or New Zealand Consumer Law.
How to claim under the Dyson guarantee
To make a claim under the Dyson guarantee, please contact the Dyson Helpline on 1800 239 766.
The Dyson Helpline is available Monday-Friday (8:00am- 8:00pm EST), Saturday-Sunday (8:30am-4:00pm EST). You can also contact Dyson:
- By email: [email protected]
- By mail or in person:
Dyson Appliances (Aust.) Pty Limited 8 -10 Mangrove Lane
Taren Point NSW 2229
Please visit the Dyson support page at www.dyson.com.au/ support for more information on troubleshooting any issues you may have with your machine and maintaining your Dyson machine.
To make a claim under the Dyson guarantee, please contact the Dyson Helpline on 0800 397 667.
The Dyson Helpline is available Monday-Friday (8:30am- 5:00pm NZT).
You can also contact Dyson:
- By email: [email protected]
- By mail or in person:
Dyson New Zealand Limited Unit 6, 99 Carbine Road Mount Wellington
Auckland, 1060, New Zealand
Please visit the Dyson support page at www.dyson.co.nz/ support for more information on troubleshooting any issues you may have with your machine and maintaining your Dyson machine.
Important data protection information
When registering your Dyson machine:
- You will need to provide us with basic contact information to register your machine and enable us to support your Dyson
- When you register, you will have the opportunity to choose whether you would like to receive communications from us.
If you opt-in to communications from Dyson, we will send you details of special offers and news of our latest innovations.
- We never sell your information to third parties and only use information that you share with us as defined by our privacy policies which are available on our website privacy.dyson.com.
- Dyson products are made from high grade recyclable Recycle where possible.
- The battery should be removed from the machine before disposal.
- Recycle or dispose of the battery in accordance with local ordinances or
- When your Dyson machine reaches the end of its life, we are responsible for its safe You can send your old Dyson machine back to us (at our cost) and we will organise for it to be recycled. Please note that not all parts are recyclable. Recycling of parts is subject to the capabilities of third party suppliers. Available in Australia only.
- Box up your old Dyson
- Take the package to your local post office and send to the address below:
Dyson We Recycle Reply Paid 83215 Dyson Service Centre 8–10 Mangrove Lane
Taren Point, NSW 2229