Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) | HD smart display with motion and Alexa
- DIMENSIONS: 57 x 1.57 x 0.2 inches
- WEIGHT: 3.84 ounces
- SCREEN SIZE: 5.5”
- SCREEN RESOLUTION: 960 X 480
- SPEAKERS: 1 X 1.7”
- CAMERA: 2 MP
- ORIENTATION: Landscape
- BRAND: Amazon
The Echo Show is a smart assistant just like Alexa but with a display. The Echo Show 10 features a screen that moves with you. It allows you to video call, look for recipes, and shows. It comes with a 13 MP camera which has the feature of auto framing and motion-detecting that keeps you in center and front of the camera. It allows you to have a voice control of your house, by controlling the smart devices of your house like cameras, lights, thermostats, etc. The built-in camera also allows you to look around the room with a secure access. The Echo Show 10 can also be set to work like a digital frame that uses adaptive color technology. It is made of high-quality materials and also allows the users to play games. It features a low battery mode. It enters this mode when it is left idle to consume less battery.
Alexa is designed to protect your privacy
Wake word and indicators
Alexa doesn’t begin listening until your Echo device detects the wake word (for example, “Alexa”). A blue light indicator lets you know when the device is recording your request to stream to Amazon’s secure cloud. If you like, you can also enable an audio tone.
Microphone and camera controls
You can electronically disconnect the mics and camera with the press of a button. Slide the built-in cover to close the camera
Want to know exactly what Alexa heard? You can view and delete the voice recordings associated with your account in the Alexa app at any time. These are just a few of the ways that you have transparency and control over your Alexa experience. Explore more at amazon.com.au/alexaprivacy
Place your Echo Show 10
Thoroughly clean and dry the location you’ve chosen for your Echo Show 10. Then plug the included power adaptor into the base of the device and set it in place. To give Echo Show 10 room to rotate, place it at least 15.5 cm from a wall. If you need to place it near a wall, don’t worry-it can learn to adjust its rotation range.
Set up your Echo Show 10
- Slide the included rotation footprint template around the body of the device.
- Important: this template shows the keep-out space around the device. Always keep this space clear of objects such as cups, which may get knocked over.
- Plug the adaptor into a wall socket and follow the on-screen instructions to register your Echo Show 10.
- During registration, Echo Show 10 will rotate to calibrate and locate its idle position. After calibrating, you may need to adjust the device so that the screen is facing the direction you’ll most often see it from.
Control the rotating smart screen
You can turn the motion on, or off, in your device’s settings or by asking Alexa. For example, to stop the screen from rotating, simply say “Alexa, turn off motion”.
Explore your Echo Show 10
- To change your settings
Swipe down from the top of the screen, or say “Alexa, show Settings”.
- To access your shortcuts
Swipe left from the right side of the screen.
- Download the Amazon Alexa app
Installing the app on your phone or tablet helps you get more out of your Echo Show 10. It’s where you set up calling and messaging, manage music, lists, settings and news.
Give us your feedback
Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills. To send us feedback about your experiences with Alexa, use the Alexa app, visit www.amazon.com/devicesupport, or simply say “Alexa, I have feedback”.
Things to try with your Echo Show 10
Watch TV shows, listen to music, see photos
- Alexa, show me new TV shows from Prime Video.
- Alexa, show me my photos.
- Alexa, play today’s hits on Amazon Music.
- Alexa, play the news.
Stay organized and manage your home
- Alexa, add bananas to my shopping list.
- Alexa, set an egg timer for 5 minutes.
- Alexa, how many milliliters in half a cup?
- Alexa, show me chocolate chip cookie recipes.
Voice control your smart home
- Alexa, show me the front door.
- Alexa, goodnight.
- Alexa, call Mum.
- Alexa, announce “dinner is ready”.
- Some features may require customization in the Alexa app, a separate subscription or an additional compatible smart home device.
- You can find more examples and tips in the Alexa opp.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Does the person you call need amazon echo too?
No, the other end doesn’t require to have the Echo Show 10.
- Can you video call an iPhone or Android that uses has Alexa app from the new show?
Yes, you can.
- Do u need internet for Alexa?
Yes, it requires to be plugged in and as well as a connection to WIFI.
- Can you control the camera zoom feature so that it keeps a stationary speaking subject framed without it zooming in & out?
No, it doesn’t come with this feature.
- Is it compatible with Sling TV?
No, it isn’t compatible with Sling TV.
- Can I reduce the size of the time display?
No, you can’t reduce the size of the time display.
- How do you start an echo?
- Plug in the Echo Show 10 and then follow the set-up mode. Once the setup is complete say “Hey Alexa” and it’ll start working.
- Can echo show 10 be operated by Amazon voice remote?
No, it can’t be.
- Do they make a battery base for the ES10?
No, it has to be plugged in to be powered.
- Does this work with blink outdoor cameras?
Yes, it does.
- Can I move the device from room to room?
Yes, it can be moved, but requires a stable WIFI connection.