Einhell Electric Hand Plane
When using the equipment, a few safety pre-cautions must be observed to avoid injuries and damage. Please read the complete operating instructions and safety regulations with due care. Keep this manual in a safe place, so that the in-formation is available at all times. If you give the equipment to any other person, hand over these operating instructions and safety regulations as well. We cannot accept any liability for damage or accidents which arise due to a failure to follow these instructions and the safety instructions.
The corresponding safety information can be found in the enclosed booklet.
Read all safety regulations and instructions. Any errors made in following the safety regula-tions and instructions may result in an electric shock, ﬁ re and/or serious injury.
Keep all safety regulations and instructions in a safe place for future use.
Layout and items supplied
Layout (Fig. 1/2/3)
- Setting knob for the chip depth
- Parallel stop
- Safety lock-oﬀ
- ON/OFF switch
- Rear base plate
- Belt cover
- Adapter for chip ejector
- Front base plate
- Storage compartment for accessories
- Mount for chip ejector adapter
- Thumb screw for step depth scale
- Step depth scale
Please check that the article is complete as speciﬁed in the scope of delivery. If parts are missing, please contact our service center or the sales outlet where you made your purchase at the latest within 5 working days after purchasing the product and upon presentation of a valid bill of purchase. Also, refer to the warranty table in the service information at the end of the operating instructions.
- Open the packaging and take out the equip-ment with care.
- Remove the packaging material and any packaging and/or transportation braces (if available).
- Check to see if all items are supplied.
- Inspect the equipment and accessories for transport damage.
- If possible, please keep the packaging until the end of the guarantee period.
The equipment and packaging material are not toys. Do not let children play with plastic bags, foils or small parts. There is a danger of swallowing or suﬀocating!
- Hand-held electric plane
- Parallel stop
- Step depth scale
- Original operating instructions
- Safety instructions
The hand-held electric plane is designed for planing, rabating and chamfering pieces of wood.
The equipment is to be used only for its prescribed purpose. Any other use is deemed to be a case of misuse. The user / operator and not the manufacturer will be liable for any damage or injuries of any kind caused as a result of this.
Please note that our equipment has not been de-signed for use in commercial, trade or industrial applications. Our warranty will be voided if the machine is used in commercial, trade or industrial businesses or for equivalent purposes.
Mains voltage: ………………………….. 230 V ~ 50 Hz
Power input: ……………………………………….. 850 W
Idling speed: ………………………………. 15000 min -1
Chip depth: ………………………………………. 0-3 mm
Rebate depth: …………………………………. 0-18 mm
Plane width: ………………………………………. 82 mm
Protection class: …………………………………….. II/
Weight: ……………………………………………….3.2 kg
Sound and vibration
Sound and vibration values were measured in accordance with EN 60745.
The impact of noise can cause damage to hearing.
Total vibration values (vector sum of three directions) determined in accordance with EN 60745.
Vibration emission value ah = 3.61 m/s2
K uncertainty = 1.5 m/s2
The speciﬁed vibration value was established in accordance with a standardized testing method. It may change according to how the electric equipment is used and may exceed the speciﬁed value in exceptional circumstances.
The speciﬁed vibration value can be used to compare the equipment with other electric power tools.
The speciﬁed vibration value can be used for initial assessment of a harmful eﬀect.
Keep the noise emissions and vibrations to a minimum.
- Only use appliances which are in perfect working order.
- Service and clean the appliance regularly.
- Adapt your working style to suit the appliance.
- Do not overload the appliance.
- Have the appliance serviced whenever necessary
- Switch the appliance off when it is not in use.
- Wear protective gloves.
Before starting the equipment
Before you connect the equipment to the mains supply make sure that the data on the rating plate are identical to the mains data.
Always pull the power plug before making adjustments to the equipment.
Caution! For safety reasons, the electric plane must not be operated with the storage compart-ment for accessories (9) inserted.
Adjusting the chip depth (Fig. 4/Item 1)
You can adjust the chip depth in steps of 0.1 mm from 0 to 3 mm by turning the setting knob for the chip depth (1).
Turn the setting knob for the chip depth (1) in a clockwise direction to set a greater chip depth. Greater chip depth
Turn the setting knob for the chip depth (1) in a counter-clockwise direction to set a lower chip depth. Lower chip depth
After ﬁnishing work, set the chip depth so that the knives are lowered and thus protected from da-mage. Turn the setting knob for the chip depth to position “0” for this purpose.
Chip extraction (Figure 5-8)
For optimum dust extraction you can connect the equipment to a vacuum cleaner (not supplied). To do so, insert the vacuum cleaner tube (c) into the chip ejector adapter (7). Check that all parts are properly joined together.
The vacuum cleaner tube can be connected optionally on either the left or right. This requires the chip ejector adapter (7) to be ﬁtted accordingly:
- Press the lock button (a).
- Pull the chip ejector adapter (7) out of the mount (10).
- Insert the adapter into the mount (10) on the other side until the locking knob (a) engages with an audible click.
- While inserting, make sure that the guide (b) of the adapter (7) coincides with the slot of the mount (10).
The vacuum cleaner you use for the vacuum ex-traction must be suitable for the material you are cutting.
Parallel stop (Fig. 9)
Use the parallel stop (2) when you want to plane parallel to the edge of the workpiece.
- Fasten the mount (d) of the parallel stop to the left side of the tool using the supplied thumb screw (a).
- Now connect the mount (d) to the slide of the shop
- The guide rail must always be aligned in downward direction.
- Fix the distance required between the parallel stop and the edge of the workpiece.
- Fasten the parts with the carriage bolt (b) and the wing nut (c).
ON/OFF switch (Fig. 10)
- The hand-held electric plane comes with a safety switch which is designed to prevent accidents.
- To switch on the tool, press the side safety lock-off (3) and press the button switch(4). The safety lock-off (3) can be pressed from the left and right.
- Release the button switch (4) to switch off the electric plane. The button switch (4) jumps back into its starting position.
Warning! Only ever bring the hand-held electric plane towards the workpiece while switched on.
Now adjust the desired chip depth. Equip the front base plate and place the hand-held electric plane onto the piece of wood you whish to plane. Then switch on the plane. Push to electric plane over the surface with both hands and make sure that the both the front and the rear base plate lie ﬂ at on the workpiece.
Used a low chip depth for ﬁ nishing surfaces and complete several passes over the surface.
Planning steps (Fig. 9/13)
- The planing of steps is possible with the help of the parallel stop (2).
- Mount the parallel stop (2) on the left side of the tool (see section 5.3).
- To mount the depth stop, fasten the step depth scale (12) to the front right side of the plane housing with the locking lever (11) (see Fig. 13).
Release the locking lever (11) and position the step depth scale (12) so that the required step depth is displayed. Pull the locking lever (11) tight again.
Width of step:
You can set the width of the step with the parallel stop (2).
Depth of step:
We recommend you to set a cutting depth of 2 mm and to keep planing the workpiece until the required depth of step is reached.
Replacing the power cable
If the power cable for this equipment is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its after-sales service or similarly trained personnel to avoid danger.
Cleaning, maintenance and ordering of spare parts
Always pull out the mains power plug before star-ting any cleaning work.
- Keep all safety devices, air vents and the motor housing free of dirt and dust as far as possible. Wipe the equipment with a clean cloth or blow it with compressed air at low pressure.
- We recommend that you clean the device immediately each time you have finished using it.
- Clean the equipment regularly with a moist cloth and some soft soap. Do not use cleaning agents or solvents; these could at-tack the plastic parts of the equipment. Ensu-re that no water can seep into the device. The ingress of water into an electric tool increases the risk of an electric shock.
- The hand-held electric plane comes with two carbide metal reversible knives. Reversible knives have two cutting edges and can be reversed. The guide slot on the reversible knives ensures the same height setting after a change. Replace a worn, blunt or damaged knife.
- Carbide metal reversible knives cannot be re-sharpened.
- Undo the three hexagonal screws (c) using the wrench (a) supplied and push the carbide metal reversible knife out of the planing shaft using a piece of wood. (see Fig. 15).
Clean the knife seat before ﬁ tting. Install the kni-ves in reverse order. Check that the planing knife conforms with both ends of the planing shaft. Always replace both knives to ensure a uniform chip depth.
- Danger! Before using the hand-held electric plane make sure the knives are installed securely and in the right place.
- Correct adjustment
Result: Smooth planed surfaces
- Notches in the surface
Problem: The cutting edge on the planing knife (or both planing knives) is not parallel to the height of the rear base plate.
- Furrows at the start of the planed surface Problem: The cutting edge on the planning knife (or both planing knives) is below the height of the rear base plate.
- Furrows at the end of the planed surface Problem: The cutting edge on the planning knife (or both planing knives) is above the height of the rear base plate.
Disposal and recycling
The equipment is supplied in packaging to pre-vent it from being damaged in transit. The raw materials in this packaging can be reused or recycled. The equipment and its accessories are made of various types of material, such as metal and plastic. Never place defective equipment in your household refuse. The equipment should be taken to a suitable collection center for proper disposal. If you do not know the whereabouts of such a collection point, you should ask in your local council oﬃces.
Store the equipment and accessories in a dark and dry place at above freezing temperature. The ideal storage temperature is between 5 and 30 °C. Store the electric tool in its original packaging.
For EU countries only
Never place any electric power tools in your household refuse.
To comply with European Directive 2012/19/EC concerning old electric and electronic equipment and its implementation in national laws, old electric power tools have to be separated from other waste and disposed of in an environment-friendly fashion, e.g. by taking to a recycling depot.
Recycling alternative to the return request:
As an alternative to returning the equipment to the manufacturer, the owner of the electrical equipment must make sure that the equipment is properly disposed of if he no longer wants to keep the equipment. The old equipment can be returned to a suitable collection point that will dispose of the equipment in accordance with the national recycling and waste disposal regulations. This does not apply to any accessories or aids without electrical components supplied with the old equipment.
The reprinting or reproduction by any other means, in whole or in part, of documentation and papers accompanying products is permitted only with the express consent of the iSC GmbH.
Subject to technical changes
We have competent service partners in all countries named on the guarantee certiﬁcate whose contact details can also be found on the guarantee certiﬁcate. These partners will help you with all service re-quests such as repairs, spare and wearing part orders or the purchase of consumables.
Please note that the following parts of this product are subject to normal or natural wear and that the following parts are therefore also required for use as consumables.
* Not necessarily included in the scope of delivery!
In the eﬀect of defects or faults, please register the problem on the internet at www.isc-gmbh.info. Please ensure that you provide a precise description of the problem and answer the following questions in all cases:
- Did the equipment work at all or was it defective from the beginning?
- Did you notice anything (symptom or defect) prior to the failure?
- What malfunction does the equipment have in your opinion (main symptom)?Describe this malfunction.
All of our products undergo strict quality checks to ensure that they reach you in perfect condition. In the unlikely event that your device develops a fault, please contact our service department at the address shown on this guarantee card. You can also contact us by telephone using the service number shown. Please note the following terms under which guarantee claims can be made:
- These warranty terms regulate additional warranty services, which the manufacturer mentioned below promises to buyers of its new products in addition to their statutory rights of guarantee. Your statutory guarantee claims are not aﬀected by this guarantee. Our guarantee is free of charge to you.
- The warranty services cover only defects due to material or manufacturing faults on a product which you have bought from the manufacturer mentioned below and are limited to either the rectiﬁcation of said defects on the product or the replacement of the product, whichever we prefer.
Please note that our devices are not designed for use in commercial, trade or professional applica-tions. A guarantee contract will not be created if the device has been used by commercial, trade or industrial business or has been exposed to similar stresses during the guarantee period.
- The following are not covered by our guarantee:
- Damage to the device caused by a failure to follow the assembly instructions or due to incorrect installation, a failure to follow the operating instructions (for example connecting it to an incorrect mains voltage or current type) or a failure to follow the maintenance and safety instructions or by ex-posing the device to abnormal environmental conditions or by lack of care and maintenance.
- Damage to the device caused by abuse or incorrect use (for example overloading the device or the use or unapproved tools or accessories), ingress of foreign bodies into the device (such as sand, stones or dust, transport damage), the use of force or damage caused by external forces (for ex-ample by dropping it).
- Damage to the device or parts of the device caused by normal or natural wear or tear or by normal use of the device.
- The guarantee is valid for a period of 24 months starting from the purchase date of the device. Guarantee claims should be submitted before the end of the guarantee period within two weeks of the defect being noticed. No guarantee claims will be accepted after the end of the guarantee period. The original guarantee period remains applicable to the device even if repairs are carried out or parts are replaced. In such cases, the work performed or parts ﬁtted will not result in an extension of the guarantee period, and no new guarantee will become active for the work performed or parts ﬁtted. This also applies if an on-site service is used.
- Please report the defective device on the following internet address to register your guarantee claim: www.isc-gmbh.info. If the defect is covered by our guarantee, then the item in question will either be repaired immediately and returned to you or we will send you a new replacement device.
Of course, we are also happy oﬀ er a chargeable repair service for any defects which are not covered by the scope of this guarantee or for units which are no longer covered. To take advantage of this service, please send the device to our service address.
Also refer to the restrictions of this warranty concerning wear parts, consumables and missing parts as set out in the service information in these operating instructions.