electriQ SLIMLINE ECO EVAPORATIVE AIR COOLER WITH HUMIDIFIER
Thank you for choosing electriQ
Please read this user manual before using this innovative
Air Cooler and keep it safe for future reference.
Visit our page www.electriQ.co.uk for our entire range of Intelligent Electricals
• Carefully read the instructions before operating the unit
• This appliance is for indoor use only.
• Rating: This unit must only be connected to a 220-240 V / 50 Hz earthed outlet.
• Installation must be in accordance with regulations of the country where the unit is used.
• If you are in any doubt about the suitability of your electrical supply have it checked and, if necessary, modified by a qualified electrician.
• This air cooler has been tested and is safe to use. However, as with any electrical appliance – use it with care.
• Disconnect the appliance from the power socket before changing filters, dismantling, assembling or cleaning.
• Avoid touching any moving parts within the appliance.
• Never insert fingers, pencils or any other objects though the guard.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities. It is also not intended for use by those with a lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Do not leave children unsupervised with this appliance.
• Do not clean the unit by spraying it or immersing it in water.
• Do not operate the appliance with wet hands.
• Never connect the unit to an electrical outlet using an extension cord. If an outlet is not available, one should be installed by a qualified electrician.
• Never operate this appliance if the cord or plug is damaged. Ensure the power cord is not stretched or exposed to sharp objects/edges.
• A damaged supply cord should be replaced by the manufacturer or a qualified electrician in order to avoid a hazard.
• Any service other than regular cleaning or filter replacement should be performed by an authorized service representative. Failure to comply could result in a voided warranty.
• Do not use the appliance for any purpose other than its intended use.
• Never use the mains plug as a switch to start and stop the air cooler. Use the provided ON/OFF button located on the control panel.
• Always place the unit on a dry and stable surface. Do not move or tilt the unit while the water tanks are full.
• The appliance should not be installed in laundry or wet rooms.
• Do not use this unit in environments with flammable or explosive gases.
• Avoid keeping the unit in direct sunlight for a long period of time.
• Air Cooler, humidifier and Air Cleaner
• Slim design takes minimal space.
• An economical solution saving energy with no external vent hose.
• Ideal for rooms and spaces which cannot be sealed or traditionally air-conditioned.
• 3 fan speeds: Low, Medium, and High, allowing selection between maximum cooling and quiet operation.
• Swing function for improved air distribution.
• Directional louvres allowing spot cooling.
• Honeycomb Filter for improved cooling performance and air cleaning.
• Easy to use control panel.
• Interchangeable feet and castors, allowing the unit to be used on a floor or desk.
• Easy to fill removeable water tank and ice box
This unit can easily be moved from one room to another. While moving the unit please note that it must always be kept upright and then placed on an even surface.
• Remove all packaging – while keeping the air cooler in a vertical position.
• Make sure that all parts are present and that the unit is assembled correctly – including the castor wheels or feet (these need to be pushed into place on the base of the unit).
• There is a cable tie holding the water pump in position within the main water tank for transportation. This should be removed before attempting to remove the main water tank, and is not required for operation.
WATER TANK: Fill either water tank with water ensuring that the main water tank does not to go above the MAX level visible on the front of the unit.
• When Cooling/humidifying, the water level of the main tank must not be lower than the MIN water line.
• If you want to increase the cooling effect, you can put ice or the charged ice packs into either water tank, but be sure that by adding ice or icepacks the water level does not go over the MAX limit. Empty some water if necessary.
• Make sure that the honeycomb filter is properly inserted into the back of the unit.
• Ensure the water pump is securely clipped into the base of the main water tank.
• Connect the power plug to a working socket, and then press the power button.
The air cooler cools the air by means of evaporation. When water evaporates into the air, the result is a mixture of air and water molecules. This chemical change requires heat which is taken from the water molecules, resulting in a spot cooling effect.
• The recommended relative humidity for optimum operation is 60% or lower. A drier climate makes for more noticeable cooling.
• The evaporative air cooler should not be used in enclosed or sealed spaces. It must be kept level and there must be water in the tank. Doors and windows should be open to allow free air flow. The evaporative air cooler works best when placed near an open window/air current.
• The evaporative air cooler can also be used to humidify dry environments (during cool weather). To be used for humidification the windows and doors should be closed to allow the humidified air to accumulate. The evaporative air cooler is not an air conditioner as it does not use a compressor or refrigerant. It should not be expected to cool as effectively as a refrigerated air conditioner.
• When the product is used for the first time the Honeycomb cooling media will have an odor, this should dissipate within a week of use.
|ON/OFF||Use this button to turn your air cooler ON or OFF.|
|SPEED||When first turned on the unit will run at low fan speed automatically Press the speed button to change between fan speeds. The fan speed selected will be shown on the display.|
|MODE||Press to change between normal, natural and sleep. The relevant light will illuminate to indicate the mode currently selected.|
|NORMAL||Fan operates at a constant level. (This mode is active when no indicator is lit)|
||The fan speed fluctuates to imitate a natural breeze.|
||The fan speed will decrease by 1 level every half hour and then at low.|
|TIMER||WHILE THE UNIT IS RUNNING: Repeatedly press the timer button to select in how many hours the unit should turn off, up to a maximum of 7.5 hours. The duration is the addition of all the numbers illuminated i.e. If 2 + 1 are illuminated, timer is 3 hours.|
||Press the COOL button to turn on the Humidifying/cooling function. The cool symbol will illuminate on the control panel. Press the button again to turn it off. When the COOL function is turned off the Air Cooler will operate as a fan, and the water will not be used to cool the air.|
||Press to activate the swing mode. The airflow will gently swing from left to right. The vertical direction of the airflow can be adjusted manually. The Swing symbol will be illuminated when the function is active. Press again to turn it off.|
The remote control enables you to control all the same functions as the control panel from a distance of upto 6 metres. The remote control should be pointed towards the receiver on the front of the air cooler.
• If not in use for a prolonged period the battery should be removed.
Please note: Design of the remote may vary.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
ATTENTION: Please turn off the unit and unplug from the mains before cleaning or performing any maintenance.
CLEANING THE SURFACE
Clean the plastic housing with a duster or a soft wet cloth.
Do not use chemical solvents (such as benzene, alcohol or gasoline) as they may cause irreversible damage.
Make sure no water enters the control panel.
CLEANING THE MAIN WATER TANK
Unplug the power cord. Remove the pump from the water tank (If this is the first time the tank has been removed, the cable tie securing the pump during transportation will require removing.) With a cloth (dipped in a mild detergent), wipe the water tank. Before using the unit, the tank should be rinsed.
Emptying the water tank and refilling with fresh water at least once a week will help reduce any mineral deposits and keep the filters clean.
Do not run the unit in COOL mode with stale water in the tank.
We recommend emptying the tank and refilling it with fresh water if water has been standing in the tank for an extended period of time.
MAINTAINING AND CHANGING THE HONEYCOMB FILTER PADS
The appliance is supplied with Honeycomb cooling/filter pads The cleaning frequency for the Honeycomb filter depends on local air and water conditions. In areas where the mineral content of water is high (hard water), mineral deposits may build up on the honeycomb cooling filter and restrict air flow. If mineral deposits remain on the Honeycomb pads, the filter should be removed and washed under fresh water. For a deeper clean a mild detergent should be used with a soft brush. Once cleaned the filter should be rinsed in clean water before leaving to dry.
We recommend cleaning the honeycomb filter at least every two months, depending on your needs.
For best results, allow the honeycomb filter to dry after each use by turning off the COOL function and running the unit as a fan for 15 minutes before turning the unit off.
To remove the honeycomb filter, first unscrew the two screws on the rear of the unit and remove the filter housing from the appliance. The honeycomb filter can be unclipped from the housing
Replacement honeycomb filters can be purchased under stock code: FIL-AC100RV3HC.
END OF SEASON MAINTENANCE
1. Empty the tank and clean it following the instructions above.
2. Clean the Honeycomb pad.
3. Store the Icepack in the water tank.
4. Cover the unit and keep it in a dry place.
The icebox can absorb the heat in the water, which in turn can lower the temperature of the water tank.
This can make the airflow cooler.
• Remove the ice box and put it in the freezer until it is totally frozen
• Put the frozen ice box into the top water tank.
Do not repair or disassemble the unit by yourself, unauthorized repair attempts will invalidate the warranty and may cause bodily harm.
|No power||1. Power cord is not connected
2. The power button is not pressed
|1. Connect the power cord
2. Press the power button.
|No dust elimination||1. The honeycomb filter is blocked.
2. The air inlet is blocked
|1. Remove the honeycomb filter and clean it.
2. Remove the obstruction
|Odour emission from the unit||1. New unit. When the unit is used for the first time, the Honeycomb cooling media will have an odor, which will dissipate within a week of use
2. Honeycomb filter may have developed mould or bacterial growth
|1. No action required
2. Clean the filter pads with mild antibacterial solution. Dry before use.
If the above solutions do not resolve the problem please contact the service centre.
ENERGY-SAVING AND UNIT SAFETY PROTECTION TIPS
• Do not cover or restrict the airflow from the outlet or inlet grills.
• For maximum performance the distance between the unit and a wall or objects should be at least 50cm.
• While in operation, ensure that the level of the water tank does not exceed MAX and does not fall below MIN.
• Keep the filters clean. Under normal conditions, the filters should only need cleaning once every three weeks (approximately). Since the filters remove airborne particles, more frequent cleaning may be necessary, depending on the air quality.
• In order to achieve maximum efficiency, the unit should be placed near an open door or window.
• Evaporative Air Coolers work with an evaporative cooling mechanism that requires cross ventilation.
• This unit will lose efficiency if the relative humidity within the room exceeds 60%.
• The ambient operating temperature range is from 5°C to 40°C.
If used in low temperatures (as a humidifier) it is recommended to fill the water tank with warm (but not hot) water.
Disposal: Do not dispose this product as unsorted waste. Collection of such waste must be handled separately as special treatment is necessary.
Recycling facilities are now available for all customers at which you can deposit your old electrical products. Customers will be able to take any old electrical equipment to participating civic amenity sites run by their local councils. Please remember that this equipment will be further handled during the recycling process, so please be considerate when depositing your equipment. Please contact the local council for details of your local household waste recycling centres.
Model Number: AC100R-V3 AC100RE-V3
|Maximum fan flow rate||F||300||m3/min|
|Fan Power input||P||80||W|
|Standby Power Consumption||PS8||<0.5||W|
|Fan sound power level||LWA||65||dB(A)|
|Maximum air velocity||9.||Meters/sec|
|Measurement standard for service value||(EU) No 206/2012|
electriQ UK SUPPORT
Please, for your own convenience, make these simple checks before calling the service line.
If the unit still fails to operate call: 0871 620 1057 or complete the online form
1. Is the unit plugged into the mains?
2. Is the fuse OK?
3. Switch the unit off and wait three minutes to see if the issue is resolved. Restart the unit.
Office hours: 9AM – 5PM Monday to Friday
Unit J6, Lowfields Way
Elland, West Yorkshire