Electronic Nasal Aspirator
Model : NS14
Manuctured for and Distributed by:
180° Innovations, Lakewood, CO 80215
Made in China
Please read the instructions and warnings carefully before use to ensure safe and satisfactory operation of this product.
- Powerful Suction: Place aspiration tip into nostril to gently, yet powerfully remove nasal secretions.
- Safe: The soft aspiration tips are made from comfortable, latex-free, soft hygienic silicone to help prevent the possibility of injury when using the device. The tips are also dishwasher safe.
- Compact & Easy Design: This device is compact, easy to hold and operate and is safe and comfortable for use with infants or children.
- Washable Head Module Design: Tips, collection cup & removable head piece can be removed from the device and washed. (Collection cup can also be disinfected in boiling water.)
- Easy to Use: Simple operation.
- Battery Operated: This device uses two 1.5V AA batteries (included).
The device is designed for using suction to remove nasal secretions and mucus in Children (age newborn to 12 years old) in your home environment.
- Do not expose the device to extreme temperature, very high humidity level, or direct sunlight.
- Avoid extreme shock, stress on or dropping of the device. It is not shock proof.
- Replace the batteries when the power and/or the sound of the pump weakens during the use of the device.
- It is recommended that you remove the batteries if the device will not be used for a period of time.
- Pressing and holding the power button starts the device and generates vacuum for the removal of nasal secretions and mucus. To stop the suction, simply release the power button to turn it off.
- Only a few seconds of suction at a time are necessary.
- This Nasal Aspirator is for cleaning/removal of nasal secretions only. Do not use this device other than for its intended purposes.
- During the use of the device, the baby/child should not hold their breath, close their mouth or swallow. This will help to avoid vacuum pressure resulting in an eardrum pressure imbalance.
- If the baby/child does not feel well when using the device, stop and consult a doctor immediately.
- Do not apply excessive force when placing the aspiration tip into the nasal cavity.
- This device is for home use only. Please consult a doctor in case of nasal diseases.
- The aspirator tips should be cleaned after each and every use.
- The operators of this device shall be adults or individuals who can follow the instructions and notices outlined in this user’s manual. This device is not intended for use by children themselves. Keep the nasal aspirator stored away from children. Children should NEVER operate the device themselves.
14. DO NOT use the Nasal Aspirator when the baby/child has the following contraindications:
- Nasal bleeding
- Acute head, facial, or neck injury
- Coagulopathy or bleeding disorder
15 .Before using the device, please read this User’s Manual carefully. Incorrect use of the device may cause the following hazards/complications:
- Mechanical trauma
- Nasal irritation/bleeding
- Mucosal hemorrhage
- Discomfort and pain
NOTE: This Nasal Aspirator must only be used with the tips supplied with the device.
Failure to follow these warnings and the assembly instructions could result in serious injury or death. Modifications not authorized by the manufacturer may void user’s authority to operate this device.
- WARNING: This product is not a toy. Do not allow children to play with it. Individual parts may present a choking hazard.
- Keep Nasal Aspirator away from heat sources, such as fireplaces, radiators, stoves, and TVs or other appliances. Heat can damage the case or electrical parts.
- DO NOT use the Nasal Aspirator Unit if it has been dropped or is damaged.
- DO NOT OPEN THE NASAL ASPIRATOR. There are NO user-serviceable parts inside the unit. Risk of electrical shock, fire or death.
- Do not drop the device! Protect it from severe impact and shock. Keep out of the reach of children when not in use.
- NOTE: Do not microwave.
- CAUTION: Never insert the aspirator too far into the nostril. Never place the tip firmly against the inside wall of the nostril. This aspirator is for cleaning congestion in nasal passages.
- Do not use this device for anything other than its intended purpose. Do not modify this device in any way.
- NEVER use on ears, mouth, or eyes.
- NOTE: Please consult with your physician on when and how often you should aspirate your baby/child’s nasal passages.
Recommended battery type – alkaline, size AA 1.5 VDC.
Change batteries when product ceases to operate satisfactorily.
- Loosen Battery Cover Screw and remove the battery cover as shown below.
- Requires two 1.5V alkaline AA size batteries (included).
- Clean the battery ends as well as the contacts in the device prior to installing or re-installing batteries (use a cotton swab slightly dampened with rubbing alcohol).
- Insert two new batteries being careful to match the correct polarities (+ and -).
- Firmly press the batteries to make sure they are completely inserted.
- Replace the battery cover making sure to insert Tab into Notch and then press until the cover clicks into place. Tighten the screw.
- When changing the batteries, use batteries of the same type, make and capacity.
- Always replace both batteries at the same time.
- Never mix alkaline, standard carbon-zinc or rechargeable batteries in the same device. Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Use batteries free of heavy metals.
- Dispose of used batteries in accordance to your state and local regulations. Never dispose of batteries in the normal household waste.
- Keep the batteries out of children’s reach.
- Batteries may leak battery acid; 1. if mixed with a different battery type, if inserted incorrectly (put in backwards) or 2. if all batteries are not replaced or recharged at the same time.
- Batteries may explode or leak battery acid if disposed of in fire or when charging a battery that is not specifically made to be recharged. Never recharge a cell of one type in a recharger made for a cell of another type.
- Discard leaky batteries immediately. They can cause skin burns or other injury. When discarding batteries, be sure to dispose of them in the proper manner, according to your state and local regulations.
- Always remove batteries before storing or if product will not be used for a prolonged period of time. Batteries left in the unit may leak and cause damage.
Instruction for Use
- There are two Tips to choose from. The large tip is recommended for use when the mucus is in a thicker, more solid form. The narrow tip is recommended for use when the mucus is loose and in a liquid form or when nostril opening is smaller.
2. Be sure to place the tip securely on the aspirator. The Tip must completely cover the rib before using.
3. Hold the baby/child upright and insert the tip into the nostril until the tip seals the nostril. Be careful not to place the tip too far into the nostril or press against the inside wall of the nostril.
4. Press and hold the power button to activate and allow the suction to clear the mucus. Only a few seconds of suction at a time are necessary. Repeat in the other nostril or as needed.
- If needed, block the opposite nostril for more effective suctioning.
- A small amount of saline mist may help to loosen thicker mucus.
- Opening the baby/child’s mouth will help reduce ear pressure discomfort.
Note: The mucus may not immediately appear in the collection cup. After each use we recommend a quick cleaning of the used tip by removing it from the unit and thoroughly rinsing under warm tap.
Care and Cleaning
- Separate the suction portion from the base of the aspirator by gently pulling it apart.
- Unscrew collection cup by turning it counter clockwise.
- Remove white rubber ring located where collection cup screws in.
4. Cleaning the Base: Wipe the unit with a clean soft dry cloth.
NEVER WASH THE BASE WITH WATER OR ANY LIQUID
5. Cleaning the Suction Portion: Wash the collection cup, silicone ring and aspirator tips with mild soap and water and rinse thoroughly with running hot tap water for 3 minutes.
6. Rinse the Removable Head Piece with running hot tap water only for 3 minutes.
7. Let all pieces thoroughly air dry before re-assembling.
- Never use any cleaners or solutions other than mild soap and water.
- After cleaning, the collection cup and silicone ring may be disinfected by boiling in water.
- NEVER boil the Removable Head Piece or the Non-return Tube. They may be damaged if overheated.
- Nasal Tips ONLY are dishwasher safe.
This NS14 Nasal Aspirator (batteries excluded) is guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase against manufacturer’s defect under normal, household use and without evidence of tampering.
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS: Device shows any signs of tampering or attempted modification. Evidence of improper handling or storing, such as dropping, heat, liquid or cleaner damage. Damage caused by natural disasters (fire, flood, earthquake, lightening). No receipt or proof of purchase showing date of purchase.
Following the directions closely will ensure years of dependable operation. If the NS14 Nasal Aspirator does not function properly, first check the batteries (see battery installation/replacement instructions). Replace the batteries if necessary.
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!